Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    The world will become horde. It’s about time the horde stopped being squeezed and marginalised to Tony corners.
    The Horde have had more area than just a deli.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tonys-corner-deli-ridgefield-2

What do you reckon this is gonna look like? The recent pre-patch event, cinematic sand elegy novellas make it crystal clear the night elves are totally crushed on Kalimdor and at the brink of extinction.

Quick Reality Check
    Just as blizzard showed in blizzcon, the horde have total control of Kalimdor save for Azuremyst isle, and we know that is simply because they don’t want to spend resources updating that rather than any tactical or lore reason.

No hopes of night elf gueriila wars there or any such thing if you ask me. Such calls are from Nelf fans refusing to accept what the developers have told them is happening and move on. As it stands the night. elf populations atm only exist in Stormwind as refugees and on the Broken isle zones, Kalimdor is horde. Moonglade and Hyjal are Cenarion circle not alliance nor night elven, civilians don’t live there, druids do and blizzard moved the Druid ancients to Val’sharah in Legion remember, they are no longer based in Hyjal (you would know if you played Druid), the priesthood also got their Cathedral Back tooo, and highborne and moonguard are in Suramar and Azsuna - all this happened in Legion.

So, with the horde controlling Kalimdor, what we gonna do with the place.

• First and foremost, we should have a blood elf colony, I think Ashenvale is perfect or Azshara even, let the goblins move south to Thousand needles and Tanaris. A 3rd colony in Feralas
    • Nightborne colony in Hyjal and Darkshore - nightborne can have the Well of eternity, there is no way Sylvannas will let that power just lie wasted like the Kaldorei did, and who better to utilise it than the horde night elves ������.
    • Taunka can have a colony in Winterspring
    • High mountain can repopulate Stonetalon, it is just like Highmountain
    • Trolls can move into colonies in Feralas and Ashenvale too.
    • Nightborne and Ogres can share Dire Maul.
    • Cenarion restored Desolace would be great for Forsaken and Tauren.
    • Forsaken can have all of Theramore, Dustswallow Marsh, moving into Thousand needles and Southern Narrens where all the former human fortifications were and raise those dead too.
    • Once Teldrassil finishes burning down completely, we can have maybe another elven colony there.
    • Orcs can expand into Ashenvale now as well as barrens too.

This is actually good for the horde. No stuffy alliance breathing down their necks
    Sounds like changing the map. That takes effort. They accomplished the rest of this just by making a slide show. Slide show cheaper.. easier.. so yeah.. slide shows..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    This is wrong.

Stonetalon is full Horde.
    Alliance in crossroads wtf.
    Astranaar is burned down.
    Ashenvale should not have any alliance there at all(Horde marched through and it's not a huge zone to not notice alliance armies)
    Alliance still being in Durotar...

Basically this map is from cataclysm.If it's in the game it doesnt mean it's like that at the moment.They do not bother to change it.
    This map is from the BFA table missions, with each bubble denoting where Alliance or Horde strike missions are being carried out. As I noted on an earlier page, if one interprets the respawning missions as supplying reinforcements, these are ongoing clashes all over Kalimdor and the northern Eastern Kingdoms, with the night elves carrying out a bloody guerilla war to push the Horde out of Darkshore and Ashenvale, the Alliance marching on the northern Barrens (likely to clear the path for the datamined Fort Triumph vs Desolation Hold Warfront in the Southern Barrens), the Alliance taking the ruined Kul'Tiran hold in Durotar to assault Razor Hill, the Alliance and Horde battling to keep the Horde from reaching Azuremyst Isle, and the Alliance and Horde both marching on the Ruins of Theramore in an attempt to control it (likely to use the still-intact docks). Otherwise, these are constantly in flux as the Alliance and Horde row over these locations repeatedly.

In either event, Kalimdor is far from secured and the Horde has to be careful not to stretch itself too thin, ditto the Alliance, especially with fighting in the northern Eastern Kingdoms heating up as well as shown by mission table locations on the EK map posted by WoWhead.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think that it would trigger their PTSD.
    With appearance like theirs, simply looking in the mirror could do the same. On a bright side, they can punch penguins for a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Their are many indications scattered around. The high elves scorn the night elves for being filled with such power and never using it, I recall blizzard mentioning in the elven eyes article where they explained the eye colours of all elven groups, included the silver eyes were because of the link to the well of eternity. it is not the only place mentioned, they are suffused with this power still and they don't use it.
    I have read pretty much any material and I don't recall anything of the sort that the night elves are bound to the new well of eternity, especially since it would cause an addiction, something the night elves do not have.

Silver glow comes from the well of eternity, after all the recent lore revelations, my guess is that night elves are actually linked to the arcane blood of the titan herself, as it is this that makes them elves in the first place - their essence is said to be arcane. Variations on that now come from the different influences since, amber is potential for nature magic, emerald is long association attunement to the emerald dream, purple hue is long link to the nightwell. The glow fades in the high elves because in their exile Cenarius and the druids do something to them, that not only cuts them off from nordrassil, but somehow their link to the well in one source (how much is retconned I don't know) as we know the journey of the exile over time sees the typical night elven characteristics fade as they diminish from the enhancements.
    Emerald is not association with the dream, golden eyes are which is why malfurions eye color changed from silver to gold. The highborne got exiled precisely because they broke taboo and accessed the well of eternity to cast their spell over ashenvale. The well was to be left alone.

Nordrassil is just a cap on the Well, the night elf link to it does not make them elven, is not responsible for their skin colour, their arcane affinity, their glowy eyes, it just regulated the energy flow of the Well of Eternity itself to mask it from the twisting nether and make it near impossible for new upcoming races to accidentally stumble upon how to use the arcane. Remember the night elves felt that arcane could only be used via the well of eternity, well at least the hyjal survival lot. The nightborne continued to useit via the nightwell, the shend'ralar would have quickly realised how to use it from the energies released into the air after the implosion. This is something the high elves develop 3,000 years after the sundering when their horrible arcane experiment goes wrong and they are exiled. Though they establish a sunwell later, they are able to train humans millennia later on how to use the arcane, and this is certainly without using the well.
    The tree uses the well as its power source, it keeps its powers in check and hides it, not once is it mentioned that the night elves still have a connection with it after their reorientation to a nature worshiping culture, they received their boons solely from the tree and lost all of them after its destruction until they got new blessing from Alexstrasza and Ysera.

Not to mention the highborne began suffering from withdrawal, something that wouldn't have been possible with a new connection to the well of eternity.

You can argue they draw on moonwells, but the well itself is a stretch to be honest

Meanwhile the night elves in th original timeline discover this for the first time i assume when they meet the alliance mages in WC£. They afterall stopped thinking about or examining or progressing in their arcane knowledge after they banned it, so their knoweldge is somewhat outdated to cope with the new circumstances.
    The night elves knew pretty well what was happening on the other side of the ocean according to chronicle, but didn't bother with it, since it didn't concern their vigil.

But, the glowing eyes is the main indication of the power following through them. What is a mystery now is why now the arcane ban has been lifted, this power isn't accessed. even with Nordrassil sitting on the well, they are the only race linked to this "blood of Azeroth" even purified by the goddess to glow silver in moonwells, I assume only they could access its power regardless of hte world tree, but haven't out of choice, especially remembering what happened the first time round - something they should be over now after now fully understanding why the legion came in the first place, a lot more about magic itself including finally curingarcane addiction in the highborne/nightborne.
    There is hardly a mystery they are surrounded by arcane energy because they plaster their lands with moonwells.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-08-06 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Their are many indications scattered around. The high elves scorn the night elves for being filled with such power and never using it, I recall blizzard mentioning in the elven eyes article where they explained the eye colours of all elven groups, included the silver eyes were because of the link to the well of eternity. it is not the only place mentioned, they are suffused with this power still and they don't use it.

Silver glow comes from the well of eternity, after all the recent lore revelations, my guess is that night elves are actually linked to the arcane blood of the titan herself, as it is this that makes them elves in the first place - their essence is said to be arcane. Variations on that now come from the different influences since, amber is potential for nature magic, emerald is long association attunement to the emerald dream, purple hue is long link to the nightwell. The glow fades in the high elves because in their exile Cenarius and the druids do something to them, that not only cuts them off from nordrassil, but somehow their link to the well in one source (how much is retconned I don't know) as we know the journey of the exile over time sees the typical night elven characteristics fade as they diminish from the enhancements.

Nordrassil is just a cap on the Well, the night elf link to it does not make them elven, is not responsible for their skin colour, their arcane affinity, their glowy eyes, it just regulated the energy flow of the Well of Eternity itself to mask it from the twisting nether and make it near impossible for new upcoming races to accidentally stumble upon how to use the arcane. Remember the night elves felt that arcane could only be used via the well of eternity, well at least the hyjal survival lot. The nightborne continued to useit via the nightwell, the shend'ralar would have quickly realised how to use it from the energies released into the air after the implosion. This is something the high elves develop 3,000 years after the sundering when their horrible arcane experiment goes wrong and they are exiled. Though they establish a sunwell later, they are able to train humans millennia later on how to use the arcane, and this is certainly without using the well.

Meanwhile the night elves in th original timeline discover this for the first time i assume when they meet the alliance mages in WC£. They afterall stopped thinking about or examining or progressing in their arcane knowledge after they banned it, so their knoweldge is somewhat outdated to cope with the new circumstances.

But, the glowing eyes is the main indication of the power following through them. What is a mystery now is why now the arcane ban has been lifted, this power isn't accessed. even with Nordrassil sitting on the well, they are the only race linked to this "blood of Azeroth" even purified by the goddess to glow silver in moonwells, I assume only they could access its power regardless of hte world tree, but haven't out of choice, especially remembering what happened the first time round - something they should be over now after now fully understanding why the legion came in the first place, a lot more about magic itself including finally curingarcane addiction in the highborne/nightborne.
    To be honest, so much stuff has been retconned, and if it isnt mentioned within the last few years, even novel and encyclopedia lore can be called into question.

Things are constantly redefined and set in new light. As far as I know, this is correct or was, but as I haven't seen anything to change it.

I dont think the alliance with leave the sword of sargeras alone for the horde, and i dont think the horde will leave eastern kingdoms especialy with the portal there, imagine what can both do if they can use those things freely

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I have read pretty much any material and I don't recall anything of the sort that the night elves are bound to the new well of eternity, especially since it would cause an addiction, something the night elves do not have.

Emerald is not association with the dream, golden eyes are which is why malfurions eye color changed from silver to gold. The highborne got exiled precisely because they broke taboo and accessed the well of eternity to cast their spell over ashenvale. The well was to be left alone.

The tree uses the well as its power source, it keeps its powers in check and hides it, not once is it mentioned that the night elves still have a connection with it after their reorientation to a nature worshiping culture, they received their boons solely from the tree and lost all of them after its destruction until they got new blessing from Alexstrasza and Ysera.

Not to mention the highborne began suffering from withdrawal, something that wouldn't have been possible with a new connection to the well of eternity.

You can argue they draw on moonwells, but the well itself is a stretch to be honest

The night elves knew pretty well what was happening on the other side of the ocean according to chronicle, but didn't bother with it, since it didn't concern their vigil.

There is hardly a mystery they are surrounded by arcane energy because they plaster their lands with moonwells.
    I have read every source on the night elves, and I search lore regarding things pertaining to them. When the Well was reformed, it was stated that they were inextricably linked to this power. Now in honest fact, it could have meant connection to the arcane energy of the Well, that the implosion releases into the air and the new well is made from, and not necessarily the actual body of water itself.

The eye article specifically states the eyes glow because they are suffused by the arcane power of the Well.. but this suffusuin could be part of their initial make up, that links them inextricably to arcane, stemmed from the Well, but not necessarily tied to it any longer I.e. they are suffused with arcane power because of when they were formed from the Well, but the connection is at inception, and isn't tied physically to it, just connected to the power.

They were definitely linked to the well of eternity, that link was severed when the well imploded, and automatically established when it was reformed, because they are connected to the well.

Arcane addiction has nothingnto do with being connected to the arcane power of the Well, nor does Nordrassil block that connection. Addiction comes from over using the magic casting, going out of balance just like Farodin described.

The night elves ceasing to use arcane dealt with their addiction, relying on nature to provide their needs was fine, it's how everyone else worked...but knowing it isn't using the arcane that gets you addicted, but using it out of balance.

Some of this is my understanding of their dynamic, but the eye article did state the eyes glow silver because they are filled with the arcane power (of the Well),( which they don't use )

Deleted
    And Alliance has full control of Eastern Kingdoms. Time to borrow the Cenarion Circle to clear the crap from Hillsbrad Foothills, and take back Stromgarde, Gilneas and the Plaguelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    And Alliance has full control of Eastern Kingdoms. Time to borrow the Cenarion Circle to clear the crap from Hillsbrad Foothills, and take back Stromgarde, Gilneas and the Plaguelands.
    The Horde still holds on to a good portion of Lordaeron (continent not kingdom).

I imagine it will look clear cut and blighted.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    snip
    Then link the eye article and the paragraph with the link between the new well and the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Sounds like changing the map. That takes effort. They accomplished the rest of this just by making a slide show. Slide show cheaper.. easier.. so yeah.. slide shows..
    Yeh. Cheaper is better for them I guess. Phase a few zones for end time players and bingo world changed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    The Horde have had more area than just a deli.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/tonys-corner-deli-ridgefield-2
    The horde had hardly nothing at the start of Warcraft though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Which makes me wonder... Northrend is a good place for undead. Just saying.
    Yeh. Can you imagine, ICC, new capital of the Forsaken. It would trump every thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seylene View Post
    No thank you just no in all forms. The NEs need Kalimdor far more than Horde both flavor and narrative, the only thing keeping the Alliance from being even more boring is the hope that something will come from the Kalimdor alliance, the essence of different kingdoms and identities is paramount to the games health as a whole. Nightelves Worgen and Draenei holding northern Kalimdor and showing the savage side in rallying and dominating the horde is something that has to come to pass, if you remove this then its nothing but refugee kingdoms under Stormwind. And thats been done before its called the Horde, I did not sign up to be horde and am not willing to become that. So what fun is this anymore if we have Blue Horde and Red Horde? will everything be solved by a Waagh off?

Shandris bringing the Sentinel army as well as Priestess Maestra finally making an appearance are pretty big moves and more than enough to put a huge amount of pressure on a disjointed horde that will be reeling from Undercity. And hopefully a show of the defender of Hyjal and a resurgent batch of ancients. Sylvanas proved to be an enemy of all life, this should finally rouse Wild Gods and Giants to action once more. Anything but reducing the most beautiful zone to more and more burning horde filth thrown about.
    The night elves need a home I agree, it doesn’t need to be Kalimdor, the horde have that now. Blizzard designed you guys an entire new continent in the Broken Isles, part of your empire that didn’t sink and the only bit around outside Kalimdor.

Many races have had to relocate, Goblins relocated, Humans had to, Gnomes, Darkspears, Draenei, Tauren, high elves too, why not night elves? At least you have a place to go that fits race.

But Kalimdor warfronts happening don’t mean the night elves are taking back their lands. It’s to consolidate horde victory and allow the story to move on.

It’s high time stuff changed a bit on Azeroth.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2018-08-06 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i wouldn't expect a cata style revamp but i feel sorry for the tauren, the orcs and goblins would strip every tree and mineral from the land turning it into barren grasslands or swamps dotted with oil fields or something.
    Don't forget the undead. They love to blight the shit out of everything and turn every settlement of theirs into an goth cannibal's wet dream.

Prob wouldn't even take 200 years before the Tauren would need to either flee Kalimdor or try and fend off the other members of the Horde from destroying their land too.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    - - - Updated - - -

The night elves need a home I agree, it doesn’t need to be Kalimdor, the horde have that now. Blizzard designed you guys an entire new continent in the Broken Isles, part of your empire that didn’t sink and the only bit around outside Kalimdor.

Many races have had to relocate, Goblins relocated, Humans had to, Gnomes, Darkspears, Draenei, Tauren, high elves too, why not night elves? At least you have a place to go that fits race.

But Kalimdor warfronts happening don’t mean the night elves are taking back their lands. It’s to consolidate horde victory and allow the story to move on.

It’s high time stuff changed a bit on Azeroth.[/QUOTE]

Again, complete disagreement being on Kalimdor is the utmost of all importance. It goes back to the ties with the Alliance and the irrelevancy of the Blue Horde Narrative, the ability to push back and hold their lands even from the ashes of this travesty is what is needed. You cannot make the NEs a refugee nation even if it is to their old and severely updated lands. This is where there has to be pushback for growth in both Alliance and Horde it is needed for both the story overall and the soul of the Alliance as an entity. What you are envisioning is a nice thought... like 40 years in the future here. The Horde is just as depleted and straining at the edges. What your wanting stretches them thin enough that they break and shatter at the next threat. Again. You join the horde to be a disparate group of people struggling to make it in the world. You join the Alliance to be a proud stable nation upholding your values and society, protecting what you have created from the outside assaults. If kalimdor is lost then there is only the Stormwind/Ironforge Alliance which is the same boring bland nonsense. The Kalimdor alliance is the fulcrum that keeps the title alive so it cannot be lost. Kalimdor cannot go horde.

But Kalimdor warfronts happening don’t mean the night elves are taking back their lands.
    Doesn't mean the Horde is taking it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Doesn't mean the Horde is taking it either.
    But what if they did... Teldrassil held most of the night elf population and is their seat of power. It and most of them are gone, they cannot dominate Kalimdor or zones again in their current state.

And I am not hopeful blizzard would do anything remarkable with them, they aren't blood elf or horde, strategically, they cannot win Kalimdor back, not broken like they are.. The horde definitely have the upper hand there, the counter for the alliance is that the alliance have Lordaeron and the upper hand there, it would be next to impossible for the horde to displace them there, or the alliance displace the horde in North western Kalimdor.

Im not going to waste energy hoping for some return to classic borders, hoping for anything concerning nightnelves is a waste. Just follow the story, try to enjoy it, feel the pain of the night elves, the pain of betrayal and rejection of the void elves and use that to decimate your enemies.

The story might not provide any upsides, but you can get yours back by decimating the hordr
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2018-08-06 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    What do you reckon this is gonna look like? The recent pre-patch event, cinematic sand elegy novellas make it crystal clear the night elves are totally crushed on Kalimdor and at the brink of extinction.

Quick Reality Check
    Just as blizzard showed in blizzcon, the horde have total control of Kalimdor save for Azuremyst isle, and we know that is simply because they don’t want to spend resources updating that rather than any tactical or lore reason.

No hopes of night elf gueriila wars there or any such thing if you ask me. Such calls are from Nelf fans refusing to accept what the developers have told them is happening and move on. As it stands the night. elf populations atm only exist in Stormwind as refugees and on the Broken isle zones, Kalimdor is horde. Moonglade and Hyjal are Cenarion circle not alliance nor night elven, civilians don’t live there, druids do and blizzard moved the Druid ancients to Val’sharah in Legion remember, they are no longer based in Hyjal (you would know if you played Druid), the priesthood also got their Cathedral Back tooo, and highborne and moonguard are in Suramar and Azsuna - all this happened in Legion.

So, with the horde controlling Kalimdor, what we gonna do with the place.

• First and foremost, we should have a blood elf colony, I think Ashenvale is perfect or Azshara even, let the goblins move south to Thousand needles and Tanaris. A 3rd colony in Feralas
    • Nightborne colony in Hyjal and Darkshore - nightborne can have the Well of eternity, there is no way Sylvannas will let that power just lie wasted like the Kaldorei did, and who better to utilise it than the horde night elves ������.
    • Taunka can have a colony in Winterspring
    • High mountain can repopulate Stonetalon, it is just like Highmountain
    • Trolls can move into colonies in Feralas and Ashenvale too.
    • Nightborne and Ogres can share Dire Maul.
    • Cenarion restored Desolace would be great for Forsaken and Tauren.
    • Forsaken can have all of Theramore, Dustswallow Marsh, moving into Thousand needles and Southern Narrens where all the former human fortifications were and raise those dead too.
    • Once Teldrassil finishes burning down completely, we can have maybe another elven colony there.
    • Orcs can expand into Ashenvale now as well as barrens too.

This is actually good for the horde. No stuffy alliance breathing down their necks
    I love how you are "gifting" zones to X / Y horde races / factions, before the actual War has even begun...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    But what if they did... Teldrassil held most of the night elf population and is their seat of power. It and most of them are gone, they cannot dominate Kalimdor or zones again in their current state.

And I am not hopeful blizzard would do anything remarkable with them, they aren't blood elf or horde, strategically, they cannot win Kalimdor back, not broken like they are.. The horde definitely have the upper hand there, the counter for the alliance is that the alliance have Lordaeron and the upper hand there, it would be next to impossible for the horde to displace them there, or the alliance displace the horde in North western Kalimdor.

Im not going to waste energy hoping for some return to classic borders, hoping for anything concerning nightnelves is a waste. Just follow the story, try to enjoy it, feel the pain of the night elves, the pain of betrayal and rejection of the void elves and use that to decimate your enemies.

The story might not provide any upsides, but you can get yours back by decimating the hordr
    Doesnt Sylvanas use her plague machines to make Lordaeron a place where you die, if you go there?

Yeh. Cheaper is better for them I guess. Phase a few zones for end time players and bingo world changed

- - - Updated - - -

The horde had hardly nothing at the start of Warcraft though

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh. Can you imagine, ICC, new capital of the Forsaken. It would trump every thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, horde also control that continent. Should the NE’s move to Suramar, expect the next horde campaign to be Suramar + high mountain with a sprinkle of Zandalari gang up and finish what started in the Teldrasil Bonfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Hm, horde also control that continent. Should the NE’s move to Suramar, expect the next horde campaign to be Suramar + high mountain with a sprinkle of Zandalari gang up and finish what started in the Teldrasil Bonfire.
    I always thought that the Alliance should have gotten in good graces with the Court of Farondis and the Tideskorn, that way Suramar and Highmountain would effectively be trapped on both sides should either choose to move troops off the continent.