Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole.

Out of date, considering the evident presence of the Silver Covenant in game through several expansions.
    Not out of date, in a recent Q&A Ion literally said that one of the major reasons high elfs will not be playable is for this very reason... they are not a coordinated race but rather a dispersed group of stragglers each with different motivations. That, and the blurring of factions.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Deleted
    Blizzard gives me cancer.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    Not sure if you know, but high elfs joined the Alliance out of convenience. As soon as the war was over, they promptly left the Alliance, bar a few human lovers.

Also, in response to your comment "High Elves were once a valued member of the Alliance" here's a snippet for you to read:

However, a few high elves did not become blood elves. When Quel'Thalas left the Alliance, some high elves chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance.[7] Some high elves were exiled from Quel'Thalas after the Third War.[10] Other high elf remnants have chosen to rejoin the Alliance in recent years, arriving to a cold reception.[2] Modern high elves are a rare sight, and are commonly mistaken for blood elves.[11][12] In consequence, there are so few high elves left on Azeroth today that they cannot be considered a race in anything other than the biological sense. High elves did not gather in any significant numbers, nor did they act as a coordinated whole. They are a very small group of individuals scattered all over the world. As such, they do not have common opinions or goals. Indeed, modern high elves cannot even truly be said to have a culture—only a past filled with glory and regret.[2]

https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Enjoy the read
    Don't tell someone to read something you failed to.

Also, way to ignore my argument to make something that doesn't prove anything. Again, it depends on your definition of "core" ... you don't see them as "core" another person very may well for other reasons.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Countless years.. Right. You want to make arguments but you cant even count.
    Right before WoD started, Ion said how he likes to talk about different ''subraces'' like Mag'har orcs or High elves.. So i dont know where ''countless years of being told no '' comes from. I guess from your little spiteful brain.

So people who want high elves since vanilla want to steal visuals of your precious race, that was added in BC? Cool story.
    The story was already there in warcraft 3 which was a natural result in them joining the horde.. doesnt matter many people wanted high elves.. bit that was already out of the question if you played warcraft 3... sorry to break ya bubble, but just no m8.

Also their visuals in vanilla were reskin nigh elves.. lol no one wanted that back then. They were realy ugly. Until they got their new model the whining began.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-08-06 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Also their visuals in vanilla were reskin nigh elves..
    Yeah, that shows people wanted them for lore, not for their looks

lol no one wanted that back then. They were realy ugly. Until they got their new model the whining began.
    Ask obelisk, he is still posting blue post from 2005, which said NO to high elves as a playable race.. People were asking, you just dont remember because you werent even born.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Ask obelisk, he is still posting blue post from 2005, which said NO to high elves as a playable race.. People were asking, you just dont remember because you werent even born.
    This whole reponse doesnt make any sense...
    Yup 2005 response He has been posting that more then you know.. Yup people wanted those elves to be playable, you werent there but.those nigh elf reskins were mostly blood elves that didnt had their own model.. it was already known that they changed their name. To blood elf. Anyway we got them.. in bc.. so whats the problem?

Not that I need to explain myself but I am prob playing this game longer then you... l was there in 2004 when I started playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea.. just no dude.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-08-06 at 03:30 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well that's a new one.

those nigh elf reskins were mostly blood elves that didnt had their own model.. it was already known that they changed their name. To blood elf. Anyway we got them.. in bc.. so whats the problem?

Not that I need to explain myself but I am prob playing this game longer then you... l was there in 2004 when I started playing.
    Vanilla showed us, that not everyone changed their names and not everyone was in quel thalas. Those high elves were in various outposts and lodges. So no, you have outdated information, that everyone is blood elf. But then again, you didnt play or you played purely horde and miraculously dodged every high elf npc.

Yea.. just no dude.
    Nice argument.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla showed us, that not everyone changed their names and not everyone was in quel thalas. Those high elves were in various outposts and lodges. So no, you have outdated information, that everyone is blood elf. But then again, you didnt play or you played purely horde and miraculously dodged every high elf npc.

Nice argument.
    No my information isnt outdated, try to read.. I said mostly. Besides the difference between the 2 model was blonfe or white hair.. they were the same model.. funny how that outdated information still holds true even afther blood elf model update lol.
    There were a few outposts with high elves yes.. your point?

Dude.. stop coming at me with stuff like you didnt play or you werent born.. you know nothing of me. Qurl thalas wasnt even in the game till bc, and slowly all those high elfs were killed or became wretched. And once again it shows us you didnt even play back then because you didnt need to be alliance to see some of those reskins.

Well nice arguments kiddo, Maybe you should read some more wowpedia while you still have it open.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Bullshit you people come in here to try and belittle and bully people also I won't be responding to you no more as I've read your posts and you are not worth my time.
    Why don't you actually try to add to the discussion, rather than saying "you are not worth my time" and we all know you're still going to respond?

Also, really curious about this: How would you pro-high elves feel if Blizzard wanted to just mess things around and, yes, High Elves would be playable - but on the Horde side, as the Blood elves join the Alliance.

I know it won't happen. I just wanna know how you'd feel if Blood elves joined the Alliance and somehow the High elves joined the Horde.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Why don't you actually try to add to the discussion
    Lets be honest, there is nothing to discuss realy.
    High elves is off the table.. confirmed 3 times by now.
    There is only "if" or "I want" which doesnt need a discussion cus its opinion based.

There is only "if" or "I want" which doesnt need a discussion cus its opinion based.
    Should I list all the things Blizzard said they wouldn't do then changed their minds later?

Oh, BTW, we are in a discussion forum, where people come to discuss their opinions. You should know that before coming here.
    Whatever...

Also, every mention of playable High Elves (including the one made by Ion, wherein the "Blood Elves are basically High Elves" statement was made) has explicitly avoided saying they aren't going to happen, or won't happen -- instead, they say they've got no current plans for them.

When WotLK started, they probably didn't have plans for a Monk Class. That happened.
    When Cataclysm started, they probably didn't have plans for Player Housing (Garrisons). That happened.
    When Mists of Pandaria started, they probably didn't have plans for a Demon Hunter Class. That happened.

The semantics being what they are, I'd much prefer if High Elves were integrated into the Void Elves. It'd be especially great if this happened as the factions officially end their decades-long conflict with each other, with all members more-or-less agreeing to a policy of free travel for all -- who wouldn't like to see Blood Elves and Void Elves both living in Quel'thalas (obviously, with Quel'danas being sealed off from the Void Elves).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    @Azrathel I love the design but it really does scream Silver Covenent.
    Yes, it does. It's very SC heavy. I chose that because the SC is the largest group of high elves we know of at the moment, and a new high elf faction would most likely be heavily influenced by the SC. Also, the other groups of high elves don't really have symbols that I've found. I've placed a shape on the inside of the sun that alters it sightly, and potentially moves it slightly towards Quel'Danil. But yes. It's all in all very Silver Covenanty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Also, every mention of playable High Elves (including the one made by Ion, wherein the "Blood Elves are basically High Elves" statement was made) has explicitly avoided saying they aren't going to happen, or won't happen -- instead, they say they've got no current plans for them.

When WotLK started, they probably didn't have plans for a Monk Class. That happened.
    When Cataclysm started, they probably didn't have plans for Player Housing (Garrisons). That happened.
    When Mists of Pandaria started, they probably didn't have plans for a Demon Hunter Class. That happened.

The semantics being what they are, I'd much prefer if High Elves were integrated into the Void Elves. It'd be especially great if this happened as the factions officially end their decades-long conflict with each other, with all members more-or-less agreeing to a policy of free travel for all -- who wouldn't like to see Blood Elves and Void Elves both living in Quel'thalas (obviously, with Quel'danas being sealed off from the Void Elves).
    I love how you guys try to talk yourselves into hopeful delusions.

I also love how you treat every person who disagrees with you, not worthy of your time, abusers harassing you for simply disagreeing.

But I guess the funniest thing is how you ask why they disagree with you knowing full well you would never accept any answer to that question. That's why you keep up this circus even after you heard the answer to that question countless times from many perspectives, including the developer perspective and yet you insist telling yourselves you are "fighting" for a cause. You are not fighting, you are not risking anything, you are just complaining non-stop even after Blizzard did their best to comply to your demands. I really wish you'd see that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Should I list all the things Blizzard said they wouldn't do then changed their minds later?

Oh, BTW, we are in a discussion forum, where people come to discuss their opinions. You should know that before coming here.
    Cmon man You know exactly what I mean.. this topic is dead.. beaten horse should I continue?
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-08-06 at 10:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Why don't you actually try to add to the discussion, rather than saying "you are not worth my time" and we all know you're still going to respond?

Also, really curious about this: How would you pro-high elves feel if Blizzard wanted to just mess things around and, yes, High Elves would be playable - but on the Horde side, as the Blood elves join the Alliance.

I know it won't happen. I just wanna know how you'd feel if Blood elves joined the Alliance and somehow the High elves joined the Horde.
    This is like asking how would Wildhammer Dwarf fans feel if they joined the Horde while Mok'nathal or Ogres joined the Alliance?

Is it really something that you already don't know the answer to? Or is it one of those moments where you just want to see a fan of something answer something they'd dislike seeing and makes no sense which you already admit to?

Plus, Void Elves are the "Blood Elves on Alliance" bit that you've mentioned and I'm pretty sure a lot of the High Elf fans here have given their opinions on that. I don't see how that's a good "thought exercise" really but I would say it is better than both sides bickering who is being more petty/condescending to the other.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Well damn son, This is next level grasping at straws.

They did say you have to play horde to be a fair skinned elf sorry. In other words you can rewatch it.. I defo means no.
    The same way he said: hmm zandalari paladin.. we have to wait and see how they will use their power etc.. means yes.

reading between lines is hard, but I clearly got a no out of it, also not the first time he says no to this, why should you believe there is hope for this when you even got void elves instead of high elves.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2018-08-06 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Don't tell someone to read something you failed to.

Also, way to ignore my argument to make something that doesn't prove anything. Again, it depends on your definition of "core" ... you don't see them as "core" another person very may well for other reasons.
    At the end of the day, Blizz said NO. And you and plenty of other pro-high elfers are reaching deep to find any excuse as to why they should be playable. Blizz and the sensible playerbase both agree that asking for playable high elfs on the Alliance is just detrimental to the game as a whole and detrimental to faction identity (which is a CORE part of this game, no disputing that).

So cry all you want, you've been told no and you've told why. If you or other pro-high elfers want to disregard the reasons that have been given and act like entitled kids then go right ahead...don't expect to be taken serious though.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    I love how you guys try to talk yourselves into hopeful delusions.
    I also love how you treat every person who disagrees with you, not worthy of your time, abusers harassing you for simply disagreeing.
    This counts for every pro high elf guy here in this thread.

Delusion is the right word.