Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Now the most pointless CE in wow history has become even more pointless.
    PDFs don't contain the illustrations...

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Now the most pointless CE in wow history has become even more pointless.
    Only a matter of time until the coin is available on the Blizzard Shop.

So i pay more for the CE this year, not getting a mouse mat, art book and CD. The "special" book i get, gets released for everyone BEFORE i get it in my CE? Sorry, but what.. Why did i order again? Got every CE since WOTLK, with this middle finger, this one will be my last.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinvinyl View Post
    So i pay more for the CE this year, not getting a mouse mat, art book and CD. The "special" book i get, gets released for everyone BEFORE i get it in my CE? Sorry, but what.. Why did i order again? Got every CE since WOTLK, with this middle finger, this one will be my last.
    Was wondering that myself. I thought it was kind of a given that people who preordered the CE would get first dibs on them before they were released for free.
    Cool as a cucumber.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    While she does get to much flak, Golden is, at the most, an average Alliance writer and god awful Horde writer (she can't do none-human races).
    Still light years ahead of Knaak
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

In before people think they were released for free because if backlash.

I wish all of these stories would actually happen in game , sigh. I mean i like side stories and stuff but plz put the main story ... in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Still light years ahead of Knaak
    That isn't saying much. Being better than garbage isn't a major accomplishment.

What about the writer for Illidan, William King? Micky Nielson (Ashbringer, Blood of the Highborne)? Matt Burns (The Jade Hunters, Bleeding Sun)?

She is low on the list of even Warcraft writers.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde one was quite fun to read, Elegy next.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    I'm getting pretty annoyed with all the out of game sources you need to keep up with to have any idea wth is going on in game.
    Pretty sure just playing War of Thorns and Battle for Undercity will give you most of what you need to understand it. These novellas are just more in-depth retellings of the Horde and Alliance questlines.

Most likely all three Warbringers shorts will be viewable in-game somehow, just like the Harbingers ones were in Legion.

"Old Soldier" will probably play in-game before the Battle for Lordaeron for Horde players.

So that just leaves the comics, which aren't super important in the grand scheme of things, and Before the Storm, which is important but will likely be summarized in-game if anything directly related to it crops up.

I mean, most of this stuff is made available to us for free anyway. The only thing you'd have to buy is the book.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by miDnight77 View Post
    Wait ... those are the ones from the CE?? .. and they get released NOW? and I wont get an artbook iny mCE for this stuff? ... i dont get it ..
    Yes, that's what they always said. Did you not read the descriptions of the things you are buying?

"She had sent a message. This was not a war that would end in a stalemate. Not now. The Alliance and the Horde would both understand that the only choices were victory or death. Lok‐tar ogar."

I swear to god blizz....

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Horde one was quite fun to read, Elegy next.
    This is what you get in Elegy:

After a full and loving kiss for her husband and a long, compassionate hug for Tyrande—
    Mia understood better than most how much her decision to stay in Stormwind had cost the
    high priestess—she stepped through the portal only half an hour after Sentinel Eriadnar’s arrival
    in Stormwind. With the assurance that Stormwind guards would arrive shortly with food and
    first aid supplies, she and Eriadnar emerged in one of Mia’s favorite places in all of Azeroth: the
    Temple of the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anias View Post
    This is what you get in Elegy:

After a full and loving kiss for her husband and a long, compassionate hug for Tyrande—
    Mia understood better than most how much her decision to stay in Stormwind had cost the
    high priestess—she stepped through the portal only half an hour after Sentinel Eriadnar’s arrival
    in Stormwind. With the assurance that Stormwind guards would arrive shortly with food and
    first aid supplies, she and Eriadnar emerged in one of Mia’s favorite places in all of Azeroth: the
    Temple of the Moon.
    Mia is what in her 70s? 80s? If she wants to provide relief to a city about to be underseige perhaps she should undergo the worgen transformation so she wont be a hinderence.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2018-08-07 at 12:46 AM.

8 Kids?!!! Saurfang when he met his match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Mia is what in her 70s? 80s? If she wants to provide relief to a city about to be underseige perhaps she should undergo the worgen transformation so she wont be a hinderence.
    No idea, but to me, the writing reminds me of a kid in high school writing a report and trying to add enough extra words to reach the needed number of words.

Books still exist in an age of electronic readers. You buy the CE to own a physical copy of this stuff. Who cares if it’s released digitally. It’s a collector’s item for your collection. Now not including a mousepad, that’s pissing me off. Those cost almost nothing to make. I am so disgusted over that.

The amount of salt in this community the last few weeks is unbelievable. Like, seriously. Go for a walk. Talk to a human being. Add another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    In before people think they were released for free because if backlash.
    They were always going to be free, early because of backlash maybe.

i liked both of these, although i read the alliance book only because i felt like i needed that perspective. reading the horde book was immensely more enjoyable. both were well written

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Major difference here is that I'm not paid to be a writer.

Also popularity isn't a reflection of skill. At all. You're not making any sort of argument.

Popularity is a good indicator of how well-received someone's work is. If the author is a NY Times Best Seller, I'm sure they didn't get there by being shit. If popularity isn't a reflection of skill, but you mentioned the difference is that this person is a paid writer, then wouldn't someone who is paid to write be someone who possesses a certain amount of skill in the field? Like say... enough skill in the field to get paid for it? I didn't think I had to make the argument this clear for you to get what I was saying, but here I am having to lay it out for you.