Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They work fine for me. Do you have any blocked scripts or sites maybe?
    If it works fine for you, it must be something my end so my post can be ignored Thanks Huth!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    It might just be me but the drop downs do not work in firefox, checked in chrome and everything looks... better and the drop downs work perfectly, things make a bit more sense now
    I had to temporarily disable the addon Decentraleyes. Once the dropdown worked I could enable it again.

I only have ublock installed as an addon and i turned it off for the site, I get this;

https://ibb.co/b1P36K

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably on your list already, but we need some better way to quickly distinguish what build we're looking at. The long lists of initialisms aren't really helping, particularly if the part that interests you is somewhere in the middle.
    Agreed -- the issue is that we're iterating over a lot of different choices, so the profile names get extremely long if they aren't truncated by acronyms. I'm inwardly hoping that people will just get used to the acronyms for each trait and it'll become just as easy as reading talent builds, but maybe not.

It might just be me but the drop downs do not work in firefox, checked in chrome and everything looks... better and the drop downs work perfectly, things make a bit more sense now
    Yep, had quite a few reports of Firefox not playing well with chickendb. Some people have said just a simple refresh of the site fixes it, others say they need to ctrl+f5, or disable some adblockers.

I'll follow up with Isk, but the visuals are provided by Microsoft's Power BI, so the issue may be on their end. I'll chase it up regardless. Thanks!

And the raidbots offload is working well -- I can most likely push through all the sims tonight to get all the visuals working functionally again. May need to start addressing the DB size...
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2018-08-07 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Agreed -- the issue is that we're iterating over a lot of different choices, so the profile names get extremely long if they aren't truncated by acronyms. I'm inwardly hoping that people will just get used to the acronyms for each trait and it'll become just as easy as reading talent builds, but maybe not.
    With how many traits and trinkets we have to expect to crop up over the expansion... i don't think that's really a reasonable hope.
    It also doesn't fix the main issue that the strings just get way to darn long. On my screen i generally can't even see the last parts in the first screen since the DPS chart overlaps them. If they pull another Netherlight Crucible later, it will become functionally unreadable.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how many traits and trinkets we have to expect to crop up over the expansion... i don't think that's really a reasonable hope.
    It also doesn't fix the main issue that the strings just get way to darn long. On my screen i generally can't even see the last parts in the first screen since the DPS chart overlaps them. If they pull another Netherlight Crucible later, it will become functionally unreadable.
    Yep, definitely. It's an improvement over the profile strings I have in my sims:

profileset."WoE/SotF/TM/FoE, cowl_of_dark_portents/earthlink/laser_matrix, usurpers_bloodcaked_spaulders/overwhelming_power/archive_of_the_titans, jerkin_of_the_aberrant_chimera/elemental_whirl/archive_of_the_titans, leyshocks_grand_compilation/wing_bone_of_the_budding_tempest"=talents=2000122
    But I agree, it's probably only a solution for this tier, until they come out with more stuff and it becomes unwieldy. Not 100% sure how to solve that one without removing useful information from profile names -- there's a bit of a balancing act between full clarity of variables in a profile and full readability. Any suggestions on that front?

[...]
    But I agree, it's probably only a solution for this tier, until they come out with more stuff and it becomes unwieldy. Not 100% sure how to solve that one without removing useful information from profile names -- there's a bit of a balancing act between full clarity of variables in a profile and full readability. Any suggestions on that front?
    Maybe using small icons + tooltips instead of abbreviations is an option? Most people get used to visuals easier than acronyms. Granted, finding the right size for every resolution the user might have is intricate work.

10+ Year Old Account
    chickendb is now updated with i325 and i340 gear -- also redid some of the gear/synergy/azerite pages so it's easier to compare things.

Haven't been able to work on icons/tooltips as suggested above, as it seems a bit difficult to do that in Power BI.

Still happy to take on any display suggestions though -- I'm trying to rework things to make the analysis easier to digest.

http://www.chickendb.com/#powerbi It isn't loading for me anymore, the other pages seem fine and there's a powerbi loading image pulsing, but it doesn't seem to actually load. It was instant before. I've tried both ffox and chrome. Anyone else having issues or just me again?

http://www.chickendb.com/#powerbi It isn't loading for me anymore, the other pages seem fine and there's a powerbi loading image pulsing, but it doesn't seem to actually load. It was instant before. I've tried both ffox and chrome. Anyone else having issues or just me again?
    Same here, just loading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Same here, just loading.
    I had that happen earlier today too.

Could you see if the problem persists still? If so, try a ctrl+f5 to refresh without caching.

I had that happen earlier today too.

Could you see if the problem persists still? If so, try a ctrl+f5 to refresh without caching.
    Hey, sorry for the delayed response but the page actually loaded after 15 minutes or so after forgetting that I'd had the page open. Navigating much further incurred the same long loading times.

Just noticed that for some reason, Blood Rite is missing in the outer ring Azerite Traits.

Also, Lunar Shrapnel supposedly lowers DPS, somehow.

as Huth said Blood rite is missing https://www.wowhead.com/spell=280409/blood-rite

keep it up, helps a lot

Thank you

xXx English is not my first language xXx

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed that for some reason, Blood Rite is missing in the outer ring Azerite Traits.

Also, Lunar Shrapnel supposedly lowers DPS, somehow.
    Yep, this weekend I'll be doing another run to include Blood Rite, Lifespeed and the Engineering hat traits.

For Lunar Shrapnel -- yeah the -7 DPS is just sim error. Can't avoid that without getting a little lucky with the sims. Since the sims a) don't cast Starfall on ST, b) don't have an auxiliary target for Lunar Shrapnel to splash onto, it'll do a whopping 0 DPS with some amount of simulation error.

Hey Slippy, great website! Question on the simulation of Archive of the Titans and Laser Matrix traits do these include or exclude the Reorigination Array component that will be active inside the raid?

Deleted
    Are the inner ring traits all correct now except lifespeed? Im guessing the 67 dps from a 340 lifespeed is just a placeholder seeing as it gives 64 haste it should be closer to 85 dps or something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nlc View Post
    Hey Slippy, great website! Question on the simulation of Archive of the Titans and Laser Matrix traits do these include or exclude the Reorigination Array component that will be active inside the raid?
    Hey! Appreciate the support.

AotT and LM do not have their raid-components activated in simc yet, so these sims are purely for the base component. We expect these traits will be much stronger come Uldir.

Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    Are the inner ring traits all correct now except lifespeed? Im guessing the 67 dps from a 340 lifespeed is just a placeholder seeing as it gives 64 haste it should be closer to 85 dps or something
    Haste gives around 1.1 DPS per point at the moment, so 67 DPS from 64 haste sounds about right. All of the data on chickendb is now correct, we've smoothed out all the bugs and inconsistencies!

Updates for 27/08:
    - lowered the coefficient on DitB by around 13% to account for being in front of the boss sometimes. This is consistent with 50/50 front/behind.
    - fixed a bug where the Waycrest trinket was underperforming
    - HN nerf and Squalls buffs are now implemented
    - updated UI a lot to guide users and explain what each page does
    - added a help section, as well as acronyms and gear pages
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2018-08-27 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Hey! Appreciate the support.

AotT and LM do not have their raid-components activated in simc yet, so these sims are purely for the base component. We expect these traits will be much stronger come Uldir.

Haste gives around 1.1 DPS per point at the moment, so 67 DPS from 64 haste sounds about right. All of the data on chickendb is now correct, we've smoothed out all the bugs and inconsistencies!

Updates for 27/08:
    - lowered the coefficient on DitB by around 13% to account for being in front of the boss sometimes. This is consistent with 50/50 front/behind.
    - HN nerf and Squalls buffs are now implemented
    - updated UI a lot to guide users and explain what each page does
    - added a help section, as well as acronyms and gear pages
    Haste sims 1.35 for me, and have been simming between 1.25-1.35 regardless of what gear set Ive had gearing up from 280-345 ilvl. Any reason you say its 1.1?

Now if only Blizzard would fix the weird targeting it has. I've seen that thing go off on dummies while i was fighting mobs nearby.

Edith: Something seems off about the gear tab. It suggests the best traits on the gear to be things like Lunar Shrapnel for single target. Worse, it suggests "Incite the Pack" for the spymaster's wrap, when Streaking Stars would probably be a better option in just about every situation.
    Last edited by huth; 2018-08-28 at 12:46 AM.