Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And I can't search for people, groups, and communities via their social tab ... awesome!

It took a couple expansions to take Garrosh from a relatively unknown character to a boss.
    It doesn't take that long to develop a character though. I thought they did a good job with Yrel in WoD just through the questing content. As for running out of WC3 characters, WoW is 14 years old, they've had plenty of time to create and develop new ones. The problem is they keep pulling from the same lore pool without any sort of replenishment system in place, so of course it's running dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Please explain how fortnight invented popcorn emotes.

Or how Fortnite was the first game every to feature air drops.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    I never used to read any text or give a shit about lore, but I've enjoyed and followed the BFA pre-patch stuff pretty closely.
    Even read all of the quest text during the quests.
    That is because we are getting OLD lyphe...OLD....come on yar closer to yar old age pension then you are too yar high school years at this point. ..... The rat race isn't what it use to be.

OMG They literally admitted that they don't want the story to be in-game and they want players to get the story out of game.. Why burden the players with reading quest text?? WTF!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, where is @GennGreymane? He'll be needing this asap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    Oh my god, where is @GennGreymane? He'll be needing this asap.
    Petition blizzard to give it to my character model!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Petition blizzard to give it to my character model!
    I submitted a bug report since it clearly should have been implemented already.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    speak for yourself, myself and my wife love the storyline at the moment. I've always been about the red vs blue. so this is fantastic.
    It's funny that you're defending the story now after everyone and their mother has said how bad the writing has been in the last couple years.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is some truth to forum posts that say "WoW's running out of bosses to kill. The Warcraft 3 well is nearly dry."
    Yes its almost dry, but also time to move on.
    We actually write history ourselves now. In 3 years, new players learn how Sylvanas attacked Teldrassil.
    From that story new heroes and villains were created, which we probably fight against in some raid.

And enough old content to continue with.
    - Bolvar (WotLK2)
    - Dragonflights (Emerald Dream, who is aspect of what? Thrall?)
    - Draenor (Farahlon, Ogre land, perhaps some new continent)
    - Outlands (Maybe more continents survived?)
    - The blue child (maybe some area's on the moon?)
    - Other worlds (Saw some nice worlds in the invasion points. We could free them from the remaining rebel legion forces)

Let's see what they will give us

Quote Originally Posted by Larom View Post
    It's funny that you're defending the story now after everyone and their mother has said how bad the writing has been in the last couple years.
    Well, that's the thing with objectivity. everyone and their mother can think one thing, and another can think another. funny that isn't it.

your anecdotal evidence of what you and some other sweaty groups think means very little to my enjoyment of the game.. your comments remind me of this.

https://i1.wp.com/www.critical-hits....size=300%2C202

You are upset that people are enjoying it, despite YOU thinking it's crap. once again you forget the forums do not mean everything. they are a small vocal minority. the people enjoying the content, are out there doing just that. so of COURSE it looks bad on forums.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    <[*]The lore team helps to keep facts straight for storytelling.
    This one is priceless!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Oh boy how far they are from such goal
    Speak for yourself. I love reading through the quests the first time. I love reading the story of a zone. And ever since they added the audio speech bubbles, I stop moving and listen to those too.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "New expansions allows the tea to create new heroes and new villains for us to face." Aha! But is it Darjeeling or Earl Grey?
    This post is Uncle Iroh approved.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by tbakke View Post
    I can't be the only one seeing how they are trying to make WoW into Fortnite?

They are introducing lootboxes falling down from the sky.. and now the popcorn-emote.
    Aww yes, did you know fortnite invented
    Popcorn
    Eating popcorn
    Air drops
    opening Airdrops

Its not like popcorn was invented long long long ago, and eating popcorn has been a joke for literally since its inception.
    that or that air drops are a real world thing that have happened for a long time now, or have been in many games before fortnite like Pubg, Arma, battlefield, call of duty all the way back to its first kill streak airdrop.
    but hey ima just sit here eating my popcorn with a meme that totally stole from fortnite.

Holy fuck there is way too many of these...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-08-07 at 07:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So about those feelings we are supposed to have. I am not sure if disappoitment should be among them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Or how Fortnite was the first game every to feature air drops.
    Having never played Fortnite, I was under the assumption the airdrop thing was stolen from GTA5 if anything.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    Well, that's the thing with objectivity. everyone and their mother can think one thing, and another can think another. funny that isn't it.

your anecdotal evidence of what you and some other sweaty groups think means very little to my enjoyment of the game.. your comments remind me of this.

https://i1.wp.com/www.critical-hits....size=300%2C202

You are upset that people are enjoying it, despite YOU thinking it's crap. once again you forget the forums do not mean everything. they are a small vocal minority. the people enjoying the content, are out there doing just that. so of COURSE it looks bad on forums.
    Actually he is not the minority, even the sites are pointing out that you need to reach out of the game to get a "better" storytelling instead. Which is the oposite of what it used to be before all the focus shift into their books/novels business (it started in Cataclysm). Even cinematics and some cutscenes are now released outside of the game (while it used to be played in-game after a certain point into the quest line) with parts that should be in-game (like Saurfang pointing out Sylvanas' mistake when burning the tree). First impression matters, so it's not that good to have a cinematic/cutscene/book/novel released later to "hey, here is the missing key stuff that explains the out of nowhere stuff happening in-game".

We've got to the point of having Blizzard say something about it. The game is really bland/simple with the storytelling today. Maybe this is why some people say they're enjoying now, since it has less and less story/text and more "no time to explain champion, go from a to b, here is your reward".

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    Actually he is not the minority, even the sites are pointing out that you need to reach out of the game to get a "better" storytelling instead. Which is the oposite of what it used to be before all the focus shift into their books/novels business (it started in Cataclysm). Even cinematics and some cutscenes are now released outside of the game (while it used to be played in-game after a certain point into the quest line) with parts that should be in-game (like Saurfang pointing out Sylvanas' mistake when burning the tree). First impression matters, so it's not that good to have a cinematic/cutscene/book/novel released later to "hey, here is the missing key stuff that explains the out of nowhere stuff happening in-game".

We've got to the point of having Blizzard say something about it. The game is really bland/simple with the storytelling today. Maybe this is why some people say they're enjoying now, since it has less and less story/text and more "no time to explain champion, go from a to b, here is your reward".
    ohh 'the sites!' wht sites do you mean? and that doesn't make his OPINION any less of just that.. an opinion.

I, like others who have posted on this thread, happen to enjoy it. and notice the reception that got!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy