Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    .....What the hell in the world makes people think, that they can not live without an allied race or even just some specific armor? O.o How deprived of actual enjoyable things in the game must one be to be so desperate for these cosmetic features, yet not have the strength or will to actually play to get them? O.o

Getting the Heritage armor is not a grind, it is playing a part of the game that can be unique for you in like 4 different ways and which in the end with proberly reward you will a playable end-game character, that is different what you currently have. Don't like leveling to a point, where you will quit if you can't skip the leveling of an alt and yet still get the heritage armor? Then you are maybe playing the wrong game, because leveling up characters and doing content with them is a core part of WoW and not wanting it is like removing the aspect of choosing weapons in an FPS.

Want something? Pay the price. Don't want to pay the price? You don't get that something. Its simple as that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Not if you have a job you cant. I guess most people in here have basicly no life tho.

I'm with the OP.

There is no reason leveling should take this long. Its bascily just outdated content you want to get through as fast as possible.
    Leveling doesn't really take long tho. Besides, it's a good way to actually force people to actually experience the zones they redid with Cataclysm, as a lot of players haven't.

Leveling gives the older dungeons and zones replay value. I had fun maxing every class for A Legendary Campaign and then all four allied races. Find a talkative guild with a voice chat and lots of drama going on, and you will never get bored. I joined the largest guilds on the realms I made my alts on and always had people who wanted to hang out in a channel and do some dungeons at every level range.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    "Hi, this is Blizzard. We totally know you absolutely hate the stuff we did in Cata, but listen... We''re going to force you through them. Yeah. Force. Don't worry, you think you'll hate it, and you probably will, but we still need you to do this because we think we did awesome job. Ain't that right guys? We're awesome. I'm awesome."
    "force you" ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TelefonoGatewood View Post
    "Hi, this is Blizzard. We totally know you absolutely hate the stuff we did in Cata, but listen... We''re going to force you through them. Yeah. Force. Don't worry, you think you'll hate it, and you probably will, but we still need you to do this because we think we did awesome job. Ain't that right guys? We're awesome. I'm awesome."
    Instead of force, put encourage. There is no force in any of this, the core experience of BFA can be played completly without leveling from scratch, so you are not being forced to do anything. What they are doing, is encouraging you to level your new characters and play through the revamped leveling content, which many players have proberly not tried yet because they did not lack a new character.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    ... You only got yourself to blame for not checking beforehand, and if you did check well... Of course that armor will look wierd on anything but a caster. However I've used parts of it for other classes to some success, but the full set is def caster only. Just like how the Mag'har and Dark Iron sets are clearly tailored towards melee characters, Warriors in particular.
    Nightborne can be 3 caster, 3 melee and 1 range/melee. It's not crazy that those other four might not wanna wear a dress. I'm just saying, throw a couple extra items in transmog, like chest and pants.

Many of the purple items you can find elsewhere just don't quite match or are just awful resolution compared to the new stuff. They could probably pretty easily do that for Allied races since it's not like whole extra complete sets they'd have to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Then

Don't

Ask Blizzard to put heritage armor on the store. Complaining that it's there in its current form is dumb and just taking content from other people, to satisfy your own desires. Do they whine that they can't get your mythic transmogs from levelling their alts to max?

Why are you feeling entitled to get all stuff you want from exactly the way you want to play?
    Why can't you accept that other people who like other playstyles also want to be rewarded with special things?
    It is lore gear. The most suited and tailored for certain races. Of course I would love to have it. But doing bullshido is not for me.

Then don't level? It's one ugly set anyways.

And actually, leveling to 120 for a set is totally 2018.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    This is why millennials get a bad rap, always want something for nothing. Working for something is not 2018 life!
    Purely dismissive, and a weak line of reasoning.

Before you're allowed to play BfA, you must have 5 of each class maxed out. Sounds good, right? If you're against this, it's not because you disagree with the idea, it's because you're lazy and hate work.

Your logic in a nutshell. You don't have to agree with the guy, but the millennial argument is typically the sign of someone who isn't smart enough to make a valid argument.

you either want it badly enough to commit the time for it or you don't... this isn't hard to figure out. if you want it then it's worth the time and if you don't then it isn't, it sounds like you want it but you just want it given to you. I just leveled a character for heritage armor and it wasn't bad at all after the changes, i went from 20-50 in a day, 50-70 the next day, 70-100 the next day since wod leveling is insanely fast, then 1 day to hit 110. it's 4 days of gaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh no, I have to actually play the game in order to be rewarded.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    Oh no, I have to actually play the game in order to be rewarded.
    agreed - it sucks not being able just to pay for stuff like in all other modern games

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Az0na View Post
    Ohh noooo they expect me to play the game for something! please unsub.
    So if XP requirements were increased another 10000% your argument would still hold. Don't you think more people would be annoyed or angry? They would be, and rightly so.

It's good that people see Blizzard's 2018 tactic of generating income and are calling out on it.

The heritage armor sets are all rubbish anyway, Got them on 2 races and it was a waste of time as I'll never use them. I would not recommend leveling up any characters for the sole purpose of getting them.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    I don't want it stuffed right into my ass. Yes, i also want it to be special and something you gotta work for. I am OK with grinding exalted Rep for it.

BUT !!!!!!!

what i am absolutely not OK with is to kill myself with leveing up from 20 > 120. Whats they point here? Only the biggest masochists shall have that transmog? or the biggest no lifers? Do i really need to waste hours of hours of my more and more precious lifetime for that?

I know you already typing: "Get over it, its cosmetic, you dont have to have it, its solely optional". Really? A Maghtar Orc looks freakn awesome in heritage, basically its the only point to even have one. Without its just a grey or brown orc with tattoos... Same goes for the other races. Its basically recolors, whats stands out is the armor that makes em unique and special. Lock that away behind a suicidal grind? FU Blizzard. Whats your point? Take your time, enjoy leveling? Alrite, but i'd like play your new XPAC guys, not farm raptor asses in Arathi Highlands!!!!! Go hardcore and grind it down. Alrite, and afterwards i hate your game and unsub. When i actuatlly finally got what i wanted.

This requirement is just off. Heritage not for Race changers is fine for me. But not for boosters? Doesn't Blizz want the money? I really wait for the outrage from the people that boost and find out AFTER that they cant have the heritage armor hahaha.

Blizzard screwed up here in my opinion.

TIL leveling, something you can do in your off time while not playing your main, is now only for no lifers

Leveling in WoW in its current state is redundant, you don't get anything of worth from it. A main toon doesn't get abilities of any significant value and the gear is handed out so freely that you may as well just not have it in the game. An alt is simply repeating content. There is absolutely nothing of worth earned by playing the game in its current state outside of fulfilling your addiction to it.

Problem is so many of you people demand getting everything NOW NOW NOW. The second you guys realise that you gotta put in time/energy into something to get it, its cry cry cry.

Just play that damn character(s) and you will get that armor. I still have a LF Draenei sitting at level 79. Will get her to max lvl eventually. When I have the time to do so.

Well, Blizz needs to come up with a better plan for levelling alts anyway (I feel a 40% XP boost, stacking for every 110 you have would be good).

The heritage armor looks cool... it's just really not worth the time and investment though, that's more the problem. I can understand the last group of allied races as there was a huge downtime between expansions so it could give reason for people to stay subbed, but it's going to be hard incentivising people to level completely AGAIN mid-patch.

What makes it even more awkward are -

1) . Everyone's JUST levelled multiple toons for the latest allied races. How many times are people really going to just keep levelling more toons for a set of transmog? I levelled VE and LFD and it was repetitive enough; I just can't be fucked to do the SAME QUESTS all over again already. .

2) Everyone buying Legion has been given a free boost. Hell, if you got any other expansion it'd be a free boost too. I've 110 of pretty much every class now, and was going to save my boost for a DiD Paladin. It's the end of an expansion, loads of people have already levelled their Alts and are saving the boost for a new Allied race. I don't know what I'd even boost at this point if I decide to do the whole level grind on my DiD.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I leveled up 2 char since the allied classes and I'm not even playing "hardcore" (I'm playing some jrpg too in my free time) ... In less than 50h for the two.

Stop crying its just for the lolz because the transmog are not even worth it imo. I'll never use them

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Problem is so many of you people demand getting everything NOW NOW NOW. The second you guys realise that you gotta put in time/energy into something to get it, its cry cry cry.
    I put the time and effort in for VE and got the armour, put the time and effort in doing exactly the same shit for Lightforged armour... how many times do they expect people to just keep doing the same content again for this reward?

Seriously? They expect people to spend days running through all the SAME quests and zones AGAIN for DiD, then AGAIN for KulTiran and then AGAIN for whatever races are next?

There's no transmog that's worth that lol
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!