Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the first human mages did this...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Sure, ignore Jaina's entire past, her development, and things she's done before, and it's bullshit ex machina.
    You are the one that seems to ignore it and replace it with something else, because there is no way she would be this powerful. Blizzard writers give powers to characters based on popularity. Thats why Sylvanas can duel Malfurion without dying instantly and Jaina can do... this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeos View Post
    Plural, mages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    So basicaly, bullshit ex machina.
    she was always a ex machina person
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    So it takes years for paladins druids and shaman to cleanse the scourge plague (the one from warcraft 3 onward) but Jaina can just remove the Forsaken Blight 2.0©® in just a spell? No one ever managed to cleanse the new blight anywhere but the red dragons with their lifeflames, and even then the results were questionable ??!!!

Is there any explanation about that in BFA or did Blizzard just decide to turn Jaina into the new OP Thrall character?
    the plague is a magic fungus, the blight is basically acidic gas.
    by freezing it she temporarily negated it's caustic nature and forced it to settle.
    i should clarify, that does mean it'll still thaw and eat the ground afterward, it still needs to be chemically neutralized or erased by magic that eats everything -hint-hint-.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-08-07 at 05:09 PM.

The blight is a gas, slow down the molecular motion of its particles with cold and it becomes a solid, like anything else made of matter. She can't chemically neutralize it, but she can cause it to solidify and fall out of the air by freezing it, rendering it effectively harmless because nobody's breathing it in or getting it all over themselves. Jaina just applied elementary physics.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You are the one that seems to ignore it and replace it with something else, because there is no way she would be this powerful. Blizzard writers give powers to characters based on popularity. Thats why Sylvanas can duel Malfurion without dying instantly and Jaina can do... this shit.
    It's been stated in the lore, several times in fact, that Jaina is "THE MOST POWERFUL MORTAL MAGE ON AZEROTH". If she can't do those things in your book despite being that, then I don't know what to say.

So it takes years for paladins druids and shaman to cleanse the scourge plague (the one from warcraft 3 onward) but Jaina can just remove the Forsaken Blight 2.0©® in just a spell? No one ever managed to cleanse the new blight anywhere but the red dragons with their lifeflames, and even then the results were questionable ??!!!

Is there any explanation about that in BFA or did Blizzard just decide to turn Jaina into the new OP Thrall character?
    She didn't cleanse anything.
    The land is still corrupted. All she did was blow the plague-air away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeos View Post
    They did that together with the elves.

It's been stated in the lore, several times in fact, that Jaina is "THE MOST POWERFUL MORTAL MAGE ON AZEROTH".
    And I am sure you can provide quote for this statement.

It's been stated in the lore, several times in fact, that Jaina is "THE MOST POWERFUL MORTAL MAGE ON AZEROTH". If she can't do those things in your book despite being that, then I don't know what to say.
    Stop spreading false information

It was never stated, she was only ever described as the most powerful human sorceress.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Oh no, poisoned land you could do a million things about that, but shitty Blizzard writing hoooooo. Why does it even matter if the area around Capital City won't have any plants growing on it? Why would you want to grow anything there, it's a fucking city? Sylvanas didn't blight the entirety of Tirisfal…

Why doesn't Jaina just freeze the ground? Why don't some mages just strategically freeze the ground? Why don't some shaman just plough the earth with their magic putting the ''poisoned ground'' deep below the surface? Why don't druids and shaman just heal the ground? Why doesn't the Alliance just put ground/stone that isn't poisoned ontop of the old dirt? Blight isn't nuclear radiation...
    It kind of is: from wowpedia:

The way players can scan the levels of danger in Southshore caused by the plague is akin to, and may in fact be, scanning with a geiger counter. The interface of the meter used in the quest even resembles a classic geiger counter.

She isnt. Not at all.
    Yes she is. You're just bitter about it because she's alliance.

Plural, mages.
    You can literally see what she does. She's just creating a wave of frozen air that freezes the plague into a solid, preventing anyone from getting in direct contact with it.
    And where is it stated that Sylvanas should be weaker than Malfurion? She was already one of the greatest archers ever to exist before she got Banshee powers.
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You can literally see what she does. She's just creating a wave of frozen air that freezes the plague into a solid, preventing anyone from getting in direct contact with it.
    And she manages to do that without causing the lungs of everyone around to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Grythletubs View Post
    Yes she is. You're just bitter about it because she's alliance.
    Do you have a source for that?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    And I am sure you can provide quote for this statement.
    Lady Jaina Proudmoore is the most powerful human sorceress alive[9]
    Sauce: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jaina_Proudmoore, Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft manual, 170.

EDIT: This is just one of many. Seriously, it's referenced all over. I'm not going to spend my time looking it up to debate you on this because you've got some sort of weird hate-boner for Jaina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurondarklord View Post
    The blight is a gas, slow down the molecular motion of its particles with cold and it becomes a solid, like anything else made of matter. She can't chemically neutralize it, but she can cause it to solidify and fall out of the air by freezing it, rendering it effectively harmless because nobody's breathing it in or getting it all over themselves. Jaina just applied elementary physics.
    Thanks for actually answering my thread with something constructive, it does make more sense somewhat.

She isnt. Not at all.
    Well so far she has shown herself to be.
    She can levitate teleport entire cities without preparation. The only other mage who has done so is Khadgar, so I guess she is at least #2 in power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Because stuff like that seeps deeply into the land, into the groundwater the eco system etc. it would take a very long time to clean that stuff up.
    The ecosystem of the city? So some rats? Who cares? If citizens of Capital City got their water from within the city, they'd all die of cholera and similar diseases anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    And where is it stated that Sylvanas should be weaker than Malfurion? She was already one of the greatest archers ever to exist before she got Banshee powers.
    Malfurion can turn people into trees instantly and he held together the entirety of Darkshore BY HIMSELF. Sylvanas would stand zero chance with the way she just walked up to Malf… but again, shitty inconsistent writing for the sake of preserving faction ''balance'' hooooo

It kind of is: from wowpedia:

The way players can scan the levels of danger in Southshore caused by the plague is akin to, and may in fact be, scanning with a geiger counter. The interface of the meter used in the quest even resembles a classic geiger counter.
    So Anduin & Friends all have cancer now? If we are going to compare blight to the real world, some background radiation isn't going to kill you or turn you into a horrible mutant, look at all the wildlife in Tjernobyl
    Last edited by mmoc5d54ba8d79; 2018-08-07 at 05:16 PM.

Sauce: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jaina_Proudmoore, Blizzard Entertainment, World of Warcraft manual, 170.
    Oh would you look at that most powerful human sorceress, hmm if only humans were magi. So once again stop spreading lies.

Sorceress, meaning the strongest female sorcerer. So she could still be weaker than Khadgar?