Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    NA, no clue what the options are in the EU even less so as you start filtering options, luckily all servers are pve now so your options just opened up. If you go by Legion progress you have 5 options for Alliance heavy servers that have multiple CE progression. You don't even need the entire server to be good though and that was the point. You just need to have multiple guild/groups doing the content you want to do at the level you want to do it.
    1. It's not "filtering options" when you're locked to your region and language. Would you play on a Brazillian server? Ofc not. Same with EU, if you don't speak Russian or French these servers don't exist for you.

2. There are no "5 options" for the Alliance. There are 2, Silvermoon and Ravencrest, everything else is dead as fuck. Hell, 3rd biggest alliance pve server is Argent Dawn and it's mostly RPers and casuals in there, I played there back in wotlk when the game had 2-2,5 times more subscribers and couldn't find any decent guild and had to move on. Other traditionally alliance servers like Sylvanas or Frostmane simply died out during Legion, all top pve guilds from Frostmane already transferred out for example. Half of the Ravencrest ones did go Horde as well.

Guess in the US alliance is doing better then...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    1. It's not "filtering options" when you're locked to your region and language. Would you play on a Brazillian server? Ofc not. Same with EU, if you don't speak Russian or French these servers don't exist for you.

2. There are no "5 options" for the Alliance. There are 2, Silvermoon and Ravencrest, everything else is dead as fuck. Hell, 3rd biggest alliance pve server is Argent Dawn and it's mostly RPers and casuals in there, I played there back in wotlk when the game had 2-2,5 times more subscribers and couldn't find any decent guild and had to move on. Other traditionally alliance servers like Sylvanas or Frostmane simply died out during Legion, all top pve guilds from Frostmane already transferred out for example. Half of the Ravencrest ones did go Horde as well.

Guess in the US alliance is doing better then...
    6 11/11m guilds on that casual server with a handful of 10/11m guilds too, alliance guilds. Ravencrest has more guilds at 11/11m than some servers even have mythic guilds at all. The grass isn't as green elsewhere as you seem to think it is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Save it from what? Horde being very dominant in 1% of raiding, and having a slightly better win rate in random BGs, just like they've had for a decade and a half?
    The game is probably grossing over $10,000,000 a month...oooh...please save it!!!

Jesus.....people and their "Wow is dying" BS is so tiring

since they've shown they're willing to do some change here and there like merc mode and separating 40 man bg's from the rest.
    how about they also make another queue with neutral bg's?

instanced pvp really don't need to be faction based. just make up some sport like stuff like huttball from swtor or something else.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I'm a blood elf hunter, I couldn't care less about racials. It gives 0.15% more dps to trolls and orcs lol... I can live with that, I'm not fighting for firsts and no one ever say "nope you cant come" because I was a BE. You're OVER exagerating 10000 times

In my EU shard there are more horde in PVP (I think) but we loose most BG... so no, not every shard is the same

Some days ago I've read that "most people are going alliance because 'Sylvanus'". Hahahaha

I did "Europe firsts" progression from Vanilla to Mop with a... human priest (vanilla OMG NO DWARf ???) and a NE Hunter... Not really OP but got some realm firsts / Eu Top 5
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-08-07 at 09:11 AM.

I experienced the imbalance the other way around.

I used to play Horde before the server merges, but in my region the biggest server with the best PvE scene was Alliance and I eventually ended up transfering to that server with my dying guild.

For us, it had nothing to do with racials, only with number and quality of guilds/players in the PvE scene.

In any case, my region is quite small (in terms of number of servers at least) so it's easier to gravitate towards a single server for each faction

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    6 11/11m guilds on that casual server with a handful of 10/11m guilds too, alliance guilds. Ravencrest has more guilds at 11/11m than some servers even have mythic guilds at all. The grass isn't as green elsewhere as you seem to think it is.
    It's not green anywhere. I moved to Silvermoon at the end of MOP because it was the biggest Alliance server on the EU English area. I saw what happened in Legion. The server is still going forward, but many guilds did indeed leave to go horde, or disbanded. My own guild lost at least 5 players in Antorus alone because they decided to move to horde for BFA. The server 1st guild isn't even top 100 world yet it's a 3rd alliance guild in the whole region, that says something. First guild is Russian anyway. Second went horde already, so I don't count them. Then there's 1 on Ravencrest, then the Silvermoon one.

And remember what you said "You just need to have multiple guild/groups doing the content you want to do at the level you want to do it." At the level I want to do it I can count the alliance guilds in the region on the fingers of my hands.

The only "grass that is greener" is that my current guild has literally guaranteed hall of fame unless we stop raiding altogether. And I'm not even hardcore goddamnit. I'm nowhere near close to "world top" guilds that split run, nolife AP farm, prepare tons of alts for class stacking, raid 7 days a week until content is cleared, no no, nothing of sorts. All I want is my cutting edge and my mount. Guilds that barely clear before prepatch or kill end boss once then "take a break" because they're cba to farm the mounts for their raiders clearly don't fit into the criteria.

Oh, and I'd also like to play my favourite class and race. Apparently that's too much to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hey, we roleplay raid as well!
    I don't mind RPers at all, and I know AD is THE place to go if someone likes RP, the atmosphere on the server was quite fun, but unfortunately the raiding scene was really slim back then and I doubt years passing changed much except the fact playerbase shrank. WOW no longer has 12 million players, except on the xpac launch day maybe.

Heh, I remember the times when Shadowstalkers were a hardcore guild. How times have changed...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Some days ago I've read that "most people are going alliance because 'Sylvanus'". Hahahaha
    The hardcore part of playerbase doesn't give a rat's bottom about lore, did you ever read the threads about hardcore levelling at start of BFA? Addons to skip cutscenes, auto accept and auto turn in quests, etc. I sincerely doubt they even pay attention to any story. It's just skip skip skip because xp / hour. If they had a quest that tells them to strangulate night elf babies they'll only ask "is the reward good"?

I'm not saying their way of playing is any more or less valid than the casual or RPer who reads all quest texts, watches all the cutscenes and gets emotionally involved in the story. It's different. Everyone can play how they want.

Personally I'm somewhere in between, I like to know what the quests are about and I'm not really into speedlevelling, but I'm not any big lore fan either.

But out of the 2, more interesting zones and more diverse mounts, not even mentioning better racials, have more impact on your everyday experience in the game than the fact warchiefs are going crazy or being deposed. You don't play as, or with, the warchief. You play with the racials, the mounts, experience the convenience or inconvenience of the questlines, etc.

Not even mentioning the biggest elephant in the room that is the size of skilled playerbase. It's especially a problem in top end mythic+ where people often don't have full groups unlike raiding teams, and they need to pick strangers AND be able to find capable ones. You can't just pick any random for your +25 key. Majority of playerbase doesn't even have suitable experience to fill in (neither do I tbh, I'm not a key pusher). That's why top m+ players all went horde. Small player pool + OP blood elf racial for m+ made the shift.

And since there's significant overlap between top m+ players and top raiders, we see the results. Blood elf racial nerf won't really change much, because despite nerfed, it's still useful (m+ usually have stuff to purge), and there isn't any alliance racial that would be as OP for m+ as to justify the shift. Shadowmeld or dark iron racial will be "situationally useful" but not any more than for example Nightborne one (I've already seen NB racial incorporated in mass kiting strats).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Also most of the jedi storylines were bad (AKA Trooper and Consular)
    Oh god Consular...

"Would you like to live the life of a librarian ? ''

On Topic :

Generally speaking, alliance needs more badass appeal and bite. If humans turned into something similar to the scarlet crusade, that be a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by calcifar View Post
    Oh god Consular...

"Would you like to live the life of a librarian ? ''
    but that's not what the consular was at all, the first chapter is about healing the jedi from some sith plague, the second is iirc some conspiracy about the Emperors children and uncovering it and the third is probably one of my favorite storylines in swtor, building an alliance of various non aligned factions and then using it to BTFO the Empire at Corellia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    but that's not what the consular was at all, the first chapter is about healing the jedi from some sith plague, the second is iirc some conspiracy about the Emperors children and uncovering it and the third is probably one of my favorite storylines in swtor, building an alliance of various non aligned factions and then using it to BTFO the Empire at Corellia
    I only played SWOTR during release and levelled consular to max, dullest characters and story ive played to date sadly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    In both high end pve and pvp, Horde dominate and there are no signs that this will change. Just take a look at Wowprogress, you'll notice that in the top 1500 raiding guilds, Horde dominate by a mile. Pvp, same thing, arena championships have hardly any Alliance teams, and there's statistics that show that Horde win more random bg's in general, not by a great margin, a substantial rate at least. Bfa isn't looking good either for Alliance.
    Wait, has it finally swung back the other way? A few years ago, high end pvp (Arena and RBGs I believe) were completely dominated by Alliance (quite a bit were human). Has it finally changed back to the other side?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    my only problem with it is that the shadow was attached to it. the sage and the shadow don't really mix well.
    inquisitor suffered the same issue.

the shadow/assassin had like 5% relevance in the stories.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

yep remove faction barrier, take the game in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Racials shouldn't give performance increases period. They should either be quirky bonuses like pandaren bouncy and such or Mag'har ms increase but trolls/human etc etc are terrible for faction balance.
    I particularly like the Undead one of eating the corpses. But yeah, racial could fun or cosmetic.

because Horde >> Alliance

15+ Year Old Account
    So, from when were those gems you explicitly mentioned, I should check out? If I look at rbg's the picture is quite different. Arena's don't really count, people there use alts a lot, whatever makes them get rank 1 on ladder. Oh and have you followed the arena world championship series? Most of those teams were Horde. Not just this year, like the past 5 years.
    And your PVE claim is just a load of crap really, sorry. Just look at the top 500 teams on wowprogress, how many of those are Alliance? I'll make it easier for you, try top 50.

Your percentage claim is totally irrelevant, even if only 1% played Horde and did all relevant content it wouldn't make a difference if the 99% Alliance players would be playing pet battles all day. It's an exaggeration of course, I hope you get the point. Unless of course everybody on Alliance would be ok with doing trivial content all day. Although that would pose a problem eventually.
    So you just completely ignore the fact that Alliance DOES have high end mythic guilds contrary to you claiming they're all Horde. So you just completely ignore the fact that Alliance is represented in PvP after claiming they're all Horde. So you completely ignore the fact that Alliance dominated (not just by a little bit but by a significant margin) PvP during MOP & WOD. So you just completely ignore the fact that there are servers that Horde doesn't even have ANY guilds doing Mythic raiding because the amount of players available on that server is pretty much non-existent. Keep living in your bubble dude and thinking things are so one sided that Alliance has it rough....

Yeah, there's servers that have more Alliance than Horde. If you search a bit, you can find those numbers. I'm sure if I try I can find plenty of servers that have more Alliance than Horde. But 'plenty' is just that. Did you read my opening post, just curious. This is isn't about those servers that right now have more Alliance than Horde, this is about most servers having Horde that do way better. And about the simple fact that in a couple of years, almost all servers will have better Horde representation.
    Unless you really love the vibe or lore of the Alliance, there's no reason to go Alliance. In all content Horde does better. And if you really love the vibe and lore of the Alliance, that's just it.
    Apparently you didn't read what I wrote because I'm asking you to back up your rhetoric, not just say "Oh there's imbalance." There is no proof that most servers are Horde, nor that they're doing better, nor are racials causing people to switch factions.

A quick google search and realmpop.com says that for the US, there are 48% Horde, 50.4% Alliance and 1.6% Unknown (most likely undeclared Pandaren)
    - Of those, 109 US servers favor Horde.
    - 139 favor the Alliance.

For the EU, there are 48.5% Horde, 50.1% Alliance, and 1.4% Unknown.
    - Of those, 123 EU servers favor Horde.
    - 146 EU servers favor Alliance.

Outside of the top 100 raiding guilds, where 85% are Horde, the disparity just doesn't exist, and frankly, the top 100 guilds are a minuscule drop in the bucket of all WoW players. You're talking, and I'm most likely being super generous here, 3,000 - 5,000 people out of millions of players.

So again, where's your proof of this so called imbalance that you swear exists?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So you just completely ignore the fact that Alliance DOES have high end mythic guilds contrary to you claiming they're all Horde.
    Alliance does have high end mythic guilds... If you're Australian. Or maybe Spanish. Otherwise yeah... there's a couple of them somewhere... maybe... When I filter my region on the first 3 pages on wowprogress there are 5 alliance guilds total, 2 of them are Russian and 1 of them I'd swear went horde and just hangs there due to historical standing. If we go slightly deeper there are maybe 10-20% of Alliance guilds but according to you there is no issue until the very last of them moves Horde, only then maybe there would be an issue?

Deleted
    There you go, that coincides with what I said earlier, people tend to gravitate towards the 'evil/bad ass' side' whenever the option is presented.
    Depends on the people. Most hardcore PvPer wannabes I've met have been more or less jerks, and such people tend to be naturally drawn towards the jerk faction.

Deleted
    GET GOOD EASY .FOR THE HORDE everyone knows alliance are NEwbies and noobs/peacelovers.
    This is not new thing