Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    That would mean:
    1.Enhance at least scales poorly with gear, as their damage is seemingly "not good" with high secondary stats but "really good" with low secondary stats
    2.Enhance has shit legendaries compared to other classes (Which is something i would like to have verified)
    3.Enhance has a shit set bonus (Also, source on that)
    4.Enhance scales poorly with the Antorus trinket(s) (again, source pls)
    I am guessing they are saying that other classes will lose a lot more than Shamans/Enh BECAUSE of what you say above. Namely, with shit legendaries and shit set bonuses, they are getting very little contribution to their numbers currently. So when removed, they will drop very little, versus another class that might get a ton from legendaries and set bonuses that will drop a lot that might drop them below Enh on the rankings.

Realistically, Blizzard seems to only have 2 truths about new expansions and that is that Warlocks and Shaman suck. I expect they will "fix" these rankings so ensure that Shaman remain at the bottom, because they seem to have it out for Shamans, though I cannot understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Sad thread. Someone should make a game called World of Recount that you can play on 1980s pocket calculators.

Blizzard, break damage meters and make the game fun.
    That'd make the game boring and unfun. You wouldn't be able to call out the shitters as easily either.
    I assume you don't top the meters very often?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad thread. Someone should make a game called World of Recount that you can play on 1980s pocket calculators.

It'd make things worse for the specs perceived as weak since no data would be visible to challenge the perception.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    As for buffs planned for shamans and shadow priests I hope they help, especially elemental, but I'm not sure it'll be enough.
    yea well see i supose Although im not sure why they get out of lighting bolt being castable while moving after MoP, it was been really good feature and not op taking it dmg at a time.
    Thank gods im not that much into casters so nothing to cry at this point as enh, maybe still mising some good defensive CD from like pandaria where it was been offset by serious burst capabilities

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    I am guessing they are saying that other classes will lose a lot more than Shamans/Enh BECAUSE of what you say above. Namely, with shit legendaries and shit set bonuses, they are getting very little contribution to their numbers currently. So when removed, they will drop very little, versus another class that might get a ton from legendaries and set bonuses that will drop a lot that might drop them below Enh on the rankings.
    I can see that, but i obviously say: prove it.

Because in my opinion, the total marigin that exists between legendaries and Set bonuses is not that great that a underperforming class on live, actually becomes very good on beta.
    There exists some marigin, without question, but if your spec slightly underperforms on live, do not expect to be topdog once BfA hits.

In my opinion this whole "it's balanced for 120!!!" is nothing but a painkiller, which is being repeated to make something "go away" that very much exists.

LFR is there for scrubs who don't care about dps.

for heroic/mythic, the damage you're dealing actually matters.

I can see that, but i obviously say: prove it.

Because in my opinion, the total marigin that exists between legendaries and Set bonuses is not that great that a underperforming class on live, actually becomes very good on beta.
    There exists some marigin, without question, but if your spec slightly underperforms on live, do not expect to be topdog once BfA hits.

In my opinion this whole "it's balanced for 120!!!" is nothing but a painkiller, which is being repeated to make something "go away" that very much exists.
    Unfortunately, I cannot get warcraftlogs to load on my work computer, so I cannot verify the numbers, but I will agree that if your class was ranked 16th in Legion, you aren't likely to suddenly be ranked 1st. However, you could jump some spots on the rankings, maybe end up around 10th, depending on how close the spread is for the rankings right near your class. I was just saying that the loss of legendaries and set bonuses can have some impact (not enough to jump to number 1 unless you were already like ... number 2 or 3, and even that is a maybe, depending on a lot of factors).

It would be nice to see Shaman not suck at the beginning of an expansion for a change. I know they have, in the past, gotten tweaks and scaling adjustments to be decent/good towards the end of an expansion, much like Warlocks, but it sucks being middle of the pack, at best, early on.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Is this your first prepatch? Of course the numbers and dps Sims at 120 are going to be a LOT different than prepatch
    No it's not.

Do you play on beta? I can tell you that specs don't perform that different there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbreed View Post
    i'm talking bfa baby!

Shaman, we taking over!!!
    Alert.

Alert.

Fun detected.

Countermeasures engaged.

Meaning ya'll going to get nerfed
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Which I find pretty interesting and positive. Azerite traits may be more useful than we thought.

The majority are still boring looking, sure, but I mean that's been the case for a lot of set bonuses too. At least they will be useful!
    haha and even then its not the best DPS spec.

Az traits are well known they are mostly minor things

If you have been playing ele for a long time, you will know that ele is weak is intent of dev.

The reason is that the ele have strong AoE, so ST is weakly designed.
    This is what the dev said in the interview.

However, In raid, usually takes one boss. AoE situation happens once in a while.
    And dev makes the final boss complicated, so it does not create a simple aoe boss.
    So the final boss will not come out, which is the core of AoE damage.

The design of dev is erroneous from the beginning, and this is the intention, so ele will never improve.
    If you feel this is a lie, try counting how useful aoe was on the last boss of each tier.
    Just do not expect it. The dev does not know the reality.

As long as these dev opinions do not change, ele will continue to be useless. They are really overvaluing AoE and CC.
    In my personal opinion this seems to be because they came to make Diablo III.
    Last edited by Ele man; 2018-08-08 at 01:45 AM.

The problem with the OP's numbers is, 12k dps? I saw streams with players doing 16k dps in the Beta. Something is off VS how it'll actually be.

Finally, we stand now ready to take over.

Top DPS awaits us brothers, this expansion belongs to us!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Aren't shamans supposed to get their ''rework'' in 8.1?
    indeed they are, and I'm looking forward to it. while I enjoy what the shaman is now, it will be interesting to see what direction they take shaman. been a favourite of mine for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post

It confuses me how many people don't realise tuning isn't nearly over yet. There will still be multiple large tuning rounds, ending with mythic uldir release, 1-2 days after at the latest.

Might be a bit too soon to get your hopes up.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

are u really just that dense?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It confuses me how many people don't realise tuning isn't nearly over yet. There will still be multiple large tuning rounds, ending with mythic uldir release, 1-2 days after at the latest.

Might be a bit too soon to get your hopes up.
    Hey if you want to walk with all the other blind shaman into this NEW EXPANSION be my guest. Craig swapped to Monk because he also thinks Shamans are going to be shit. He's got his blinders on, he swore this expansion is the one where he not only get Hologotto back in his bed, he beats Chase on DPS, Scotty on heals, all the while he's with Luke's mom and sister doing what he profiteered years ago. Blind Craig, Blind Shaman, Follow along Emerald Archer and Icoblablubb, follow blindly.

But not me, my eyes are wide fucking open, and this is a Shaman expansion, I will be there waiting when you all come crawling back. The rotation on Elemental is so easy that we can finally focus on maxing our gear first, and dominate ranged single target. Enhance rivals rogue but does it better then Chase could ever play. Even Chase will fall and become a Shaman, just like everyone in here saying other wise. All will ask forgiveness, and as your prophet, I will ask for you to be forgiven, all the while knowing you can't forgive yourselves for wasting the beginning of the expansion in denial.

You all have battered wives syndrome, not me, not now, not ever. Walk with the blind, just hope you don't miss out on the best time to be a Shaman in the history of our great game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyways I gave up drinking. And what a perfect time.

Shaman back on top!

https://simulationcraft.org/reports/PR_Raid.html
    Take it from a long time Rogue... You don't want to be on top. Blizzard is really bad at tweaking balance. You'll be on top for 2 months and then Blizzard nerfs you to the bottom.

Your spec being second or third in DPS is a much better place to be.

Name 3 important differences between level 120 and 110.
    Azerite traits aren't extremely impactful barring a few exceptions for a few specs.

Because unless i'm missing some serious OP Azerite traits, the statement "wait until max level" is bullshit in BfA, you have the same talents, same skills, there is nothing new except those boring / low impact Azerite traits.
    Trolling for sure? Ill bite anyway:

No Legendaries
    Way less 2ndary stats
    Completely different scaling going from 110 to 120
    Azerite traits

Class balance is 100% going to change going into BFA, and then again when raids open, then again when Mythic opens, then again a few weeks later (like every single expansion before).

Not to mention the fact that BFA Sims are extremely inaccurate, because the theorycrafters for each individual class haven't bothered to optimise them yet.

Damage at 110 isn't any more relevant than dmg at lvl 10 tbh.

Also, Enhc Shamans have been really strong for all of Legion in raids. M+ Is a different story however
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Pretty sure it was just straight up troll, no one is that dense.