Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Plus people like that are why high fantasy cant be high fantasy, why Elder Scrolls oblivion is just mid ages 101 and why the glass towers of the altmer are just stone towers..... also the dark elf telvani mushrooms are just stone towers (In ESO, Skyrim kept the mushrooms)

because its not realistic to have glass towers and giant mushroom towers
    The nerd 20somethings male community is cancer. They bitched that they should have hired Danny Devito instead of Hugh Jackman for Wolverine.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    Secondly she uses ice magic to clear the Forsaken plague, and for what it's worth this is my pick for the most questionable usage of magic in the video. There is a huge issue here this particularly strand of plague is the Forsaken plague, which was specifically designed to be used against the Lich King, the very same Lich King that is a master of frost magic. This goes far beyond the realm of believability, as the plague's most likely designed to be specifically resistant to frost and necromantic magic, it'd be far more believable if she magically amplified Anduin's holy magic to cure it or if she used a fire spell to clear the area.
    So, burning Plague is "believable" to you, but (going the opposite direction) freezing it (and let's be honest, plague probably has some order of solid/gaseous/liquid states) isn't? And you're assumptions are your own craft; it's never stated that the plague is immune to cold, or necromantic magic. So allow myself an assumption: Arthas was slightly affected by the plague, but saw that it would wipe out everything at his gates, so he just mosied off to go take a Claritin.

Third she uses what looks to be Arcane magic to unleash a volley of cannonballs against Undercity's walls. This is likely an extension to the magic that allows for automated brooms in Silvermoon and Dalaran, but there is a massive difference between sweeping in a cycle and loading, aiming and firing cannonballs magically enhanced cannonballs. Yet again this is another on of those problems that makes me question why we don't see this more often.
    To me, the cannons looked less like physical maniplation of cannons and cannonballs, and more like "doesn't it look neato to shoot Arcane Missiles out of cannons?", but YMMV.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    So, burning Plague is "believable" to you, but (going the opposite direction) freezing it (and let's be honest, plague probably has some order of solid/gaseous/liquid states) isn't? And you're assumptions are your own craft; it's never stated that the plague is immune to cold, or necromantic magic. So allow myself an assumption: Arthas was slightly affected by the plague, but saw that it would wipe out everything at his gates, so he just mosied off to go take a Claritin.

To me, the cannons looked less like physical maniplation of cannons and cannonballs, and more like "doesn't it look neato to shoot Arcane Missiles out of cannons?", but YMMV.
    Yeah it's kind of ridiculous to believe that a weapon that is specifically designed to kill the Lich King would be very susceptible to the cold, after all he only lives in the literal coldest place on Azeroth and is greatest master of frost magic in the world. It's just not believable that a weapon designed to kill a specific person could easily be stopped by that person, hence why fire is believable. As for the Wrath Gate, well the Lich King is a lot harder to kill than the average person, and Putress focused his fire on the troops rather than the Lich King as his goal was to start a coup for the Burning Legion.

As for the arcane missiles, well I haven't really seen them as shown to be destructive enough to destroy fortified city walls, but it's hard to tell. I really don't have that much of a problem with that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I mean why make a plague for the sole purpose of annihilating a cruel leader with full control over ice and necromancy magic, on a frozen continent full of undeads and also make it immune to those two things?

That'd be entirely silly to make your plan of action have a larger chance of success.

5+ Year Old Account
    it was fucking metal, stupid, but metal.

i mean look at those arcane cannons.

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous to believe that a weapon that is specifically designed to kill the Lich King would be very susceptible to the cold, after all he only lives in the literal coldest place on Azeroth and is greatest master of frost magic in the world. It's just not believable that a weapon designed to kill a specific person could easily be stopped by that person, hence why fire is believable. As for the Wrath Gate, well the Lich King is a lot harder to kill than the average person, and Putress focused his fire on the troops rather than the Lich King as his goal was to start a coup for the Burning Legion.

As for the arcane missiles, well I haven't really seen them as shown to be destructive enough to destroy fortified city walls, but it's hard to tell. I really don't have that much of a problem with that one.
    The coldest place on Azeroth had no affect on multiple people's bare-skin, so we know that things don't instantly freeze there.

And it's also quite possible that Jaina's magic is colder than the natural temperature of Northrend. Since...y'know...it's magic. Plus she can encase people in ice (which includes Arthas).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Yeah I mean why make a plague for the sole purpose of annihilating a cruel leader with full control over ice and necromancy magic, on a frozen continent full of undeads and also make it immune to those two things?

That'd be entirely silly to make your plan of action have a larger chance of success.
    How would plague be "immune" to the cold, but not immune to fire? You mean it can easily burn and water can wash it away, but it can't be frozen?
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Well Jaina finally did something, wish Arthas and Uther were there to see everything, wonder what would they think about all of this

7+ Year Old Account
    The coldest place on Azeroth had no affect on multiple people's bare-skin, so we know that things don't instantly freeze there.

And it's also quite possible that Jaina's magic is colder than the natural temperature of Northrend. Since...y'know...it's magic. Plus she can encase people in ice (which includes Arthas).

- - - Updated - - -

How would plague be "immune" to the cold, but not immune to fire? You mean it can easily burn and water can wash it away, but it can't be frozen?
    Let me put it this way the Blight's closest analogue with the real world would be with chemical weapons, and like them it has been carefully designed and cultivated. As they deliberately designed the Blight to kill the Lich King it makes sense that they would design it to be incredibly resistant to cold. If their goal was killing dragons it'd make sense for it to be incredibly resistant to heat, because a weapon is ineffective if the target can easily negate it's damage.

Let me put it this way the Blight's closest analogue with the real world would be with chemical weapons, and like them it has been carefully designed and cultivated. As they deliberately designed the Blight to kill the Lich King it makes sense that they would design it to be incredibly resistant to cold. If their goal was killing dragons it'd make sense for it to be incredibly resistant to heat, because a weapon is ineffective if the target can easily negate it's damage.
    If they can. It's entirely possible that they were just unable to figure out a way in time (if it's even possible), or didn't think it was really that necessary to begin with. The blight was meant to be mass produced as a weapon towards both the undead and the living. A weapon most important part is its damaging feature. The Blight can be blasted away by powerful ice / water magic? Sure, just keep attacking the target with more and more canisters. It's not like Lich King has some sort of passive frost armor - good luck using up your strength to withstand the assault.

Moreover, I'd like to bring up the fact that the Blight wasn't developed to target Arthas himself. It was meant to bring his demise by destroying the Scourge - his army. It was both stated in-game ("She has challenged us to concoct a new plague, a plague deadlier than any ailment on Azeroth. This new disease will bring Arthas's Scourge Army to ruin.") and in "Rise of the Lich King" ("At last, Arthas, you will pay for what you have done. The humans who spawned such as you shall be slaughtered. Your Scourge shall be stopped in their tracks. You will no longer be able to hide behind your armies of mindless undead puppets. And we will grace you with the same mercy and compassion you showed us"). The goal was to create a plague that works on both the living and the undeath, not to make one that can kill the Lich King.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-08-08 at 05:41 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Sylvanas can only apparently fly now and has resurrection powers on the same level as the Lich King.
    I think her powers of necromancy are limited to reanimating skeletons (as she has always have) she still doesn't have the power to reanimate intelligent undead, that's why she can only do it with Val'kyrs, on humans.

I don't know. I have quite laugh . It's quite funny cinematic...

Jaina teleported an entire contingent of Alliance soldiers, including Varian, and the Player, out of the Undercity in Wrath. Far more than 4 people. The novellas also stated that those portals could have people traverse them alone, 2-by-2, or 3-by-3 at max. So even using RandomMageX, they could still have done it.

Where were Sylvanas' Val'kyr's in that cinematic? Because you literally see her raising her hands and necromantic power flowing around her. She can definitely resurrect people herself.

Maybe take some of your own advice broseph. Or are you just trolling? At least let me know so I can stop taking you seriously.
    She summoned skeletons not forsaken. Big difference in power level we are talking about. Also Skeletons don't need to have the persons soul binded to it. It's just basic necromancy. In wciii I believe she had An ability that turned those she killed into skeletons that fought for her. She can even do that in HOTS with mercenaries.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-08-08 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    I thought it was kinda cheesy and lame tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I couldn't help but smile a bit watching the cut scene on youtube. Now thats fantasy. No super space destroyers, no legion warp drives, just some good ole high fantasy tomfoolery.
    The only thing missing was Jaina going "LEEDLE LEEDLE LEEDLE" haha.

Deleted
    My thought was "lol, childish"
    I will always prefer Sylvanas over this ship. Just for not being part of such an childish image

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Other threads are arguing about whether or not she's a Mary Sue, but I'm like: dude, the scene was just great. Stop analyzing it and enjoy.
    well the other threads are wrong, since she wants to subjugate, if not kill a majority of the horde merely on her own vengeful reasons. Revenge is a never ending cycle. Jaina is far from being a mary sue.... but she is overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people really don't know how to enjoy things.
    Coming in on a flying magic ship shooting arcane cannonballs is awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Some people really don't know how to enjoy things.
    Coming in on a flying magic ship shooting arcane cannonballs is awesome.
    WoW is turning more and more into avengers level normie garbage by the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    This scene was so cringy I have the palm of my hand imprinted on my face now.
    How they can even do this to WoW is unbelievable.
    Last edited by mmoc08b844d6bf; 2018-08-08 at 07:08 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    But reeeeeee your magic isn't realistic!!!!! Reeeeeeeeeeee /s

This is WoW. People bitch about everything in this game no matter what it is.
    I agree.

When professional whiners are not busy crying about gameplay, they spew out the new meme of the month "Bad writing".

omg she is a leftist
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.