Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So when Jaina could cleanse the blight once, she could do it a second time > Alliance win?!

15+ Year Old Account
    why does jainia show up on a flying boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    So when Jaina could cleanse the blight once, she could do it a second time > Alliance win?!
    What concern me the most actually , is that she wasnt even able to teleport Varian out of Guldan s reach.

What a great scenario to finish up the pre-patch! Super fucking hyped to start BFA and rip the Horde a new asshole! It is going to be epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Saurfang: Stands up without fear against the entire might of the Alliance.

Sylvannas: Flees against only 3 worn out heroes at the end of a battle.

fOr ThE hOrDe! Amirite?
    Saurfang: Fails to complete a crucial part of Sylvanas' plan to avoid a full-scale war with the Alliance by not killing Malfurion.

Sylvanas: Sacrifices a city she was going to lose anyway, prevents it from being occupied, deals significant damage to Alliance military forces and if not for Jaina Ex Machina would have killed 3 of the Alliance's top commanders, including the High King.

Honestly, if any character is being ruined/poorly written right now, it's Saurfang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

I do agree on the writing being sub-par so far. But these cinematics were great, at least for "in-game engine" cinematics. The snark and dialogue from Sylvannas was on point! The Jaina cinematic was somewhat stupid, it was way over-the-top and just undermines everything in the game when a mage can suddenly pop-out of nowhere on a magically flying Galleon, destroying the Lordaeron castle wall using magical arcane missle cannons in second something the alliance catapults / trebuchets and war towers have been unable to do after hours of shooting. She is even able to somehow control the blight/plague like its nothing using what seems like frost magic?

I do get how these cinematics can't last forever so they need to be somewhat blunt and to the point. And I do understand that Jaina is all powerful and all. But come on? We have players playing mages forever. Players being champions and leaders of the class order hall for the past expansion and none of them are even close to being capable of anything like this. And for good reason.

Yup shit on horde constitutes. Hitler Sylvanas vs goodie goodie allys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Galaxy MV4478-87, Vontos cluster, Alpha Prime
    Noone has really noticed the smillarity between first video and the Warcraft 3 human ending cinematic?

Jaina ex machina sums things up pretty well. So she can make her own militarised mini-Dalaran now? Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    WoD 2.0 confirmed. BTW There is no more Jaina action in the next exp. I thought she will have some great moments you know as a follower. But no we won't even see her again until for one scenario... in the whole next exp. I am disapointed.
    And yeah I would fire that sexist woman writer. All leading characters are females. WTF? There is no balance in leadership.
    Since when Anduin became female?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    As others have said if you think you can do a better job, then go right ahead and apply for a job at Blizzard..
    for all white knights..

EVERY pen and paper rpg player can write better fantasy stories!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas was badass. FOR THE HORDE!

"China! The wall!"

Was D. Trump involved in working out the script?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    for all white knights..

EVERY pen and paper rpg player can write better fantasy stories!
    And to everyone who says that well if you/they think you/they are that good apply for a job at Blizzard and teach them how to write..

Deleted
    And yeah I would fire that sexist woman writer. All leading characters are females. WTF? There is no balance in leadership.
    Bane, Genn and Anduin?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    WoW has now entered into the anime storytelling mode. This is such bad writing that there is no way to solve it other than crash Jaina's ship into the Horde blimp and let them all die so that the stories can reset with new heroes. So many aspects don't make sense at this point that I don't see a decent way out of it.

Just to name a few:

Jaina flies a ship and can AoE freeze plague, can't stop Sylva from flying away?
    With Jaina so amazingly powerful, why not just fly her ship to Zandalar and bomb everything to hell?
    How did Anduin know to say "Jaina, the wall!" ... was he expecting her to conjure up some canons cause that's just how things are now that Jaina is so OP? She just showed up 11 seconds ago!
    Why was Sylva waiting for them in the throne room? What did she benefit from that?
    Why did they allow her to walk up to Anduin? Did she look like she was giving up?
    How are the Tauren okey with what's going on?

I just ... well, whatever, not like BfA is anything but WoD 2.0 filler expansion and hopefully they have a new Warcraft IP in the making, cause WoW sure is turning into one giant poo.
    1. Banshee Wails tend to cause unnatural fear and stun people in place or cause them to run, the more powerful the banshee, the more powerful the effect.
    2. She's strong, but this was just a single battle, I don't think she'd be able sustain that for a long war, not to mention that she is needed in Kul Tiras for her ties to the ruling family.
    3. She's flying a giant ship, and blasted a giant ice blast that encapsulated all the plague on the battle field, nearly all of Anduins cannons have been destroyed, and most of his gunners are dead, Jaina was the only one that had any chance of blasting that wall, she was the only one he could ask, he gambled that she could.
    4. Sylvanas did that for two reasons, one to box the Alliance leaders into the throne room in an attempt to kill them, and two to show them how powerful and fearless she really is, and to which lenghts she's willing to go, war is as much mind games as it is actual warfare.
    5. They thought she was giving up, the Alliance is very much about due cause and trials, Anduin's line of "Surrender or Die", they had to take the chance to bring her to court, same reason why Varian stopped Thrall from executing Garrosh on the spot at the end of Siege of Orgrimmar, which would have been the way Orcs see justice done.
    6. Tauren are not okay with it, you can see that from Baine's reaction during the Horde cutscene, his sarcastic "for the horde", there is no honor in this, but it's not easy to depose a Warchief, one would have to declare Mak'Gora and win it, and Sylvanas is very strong, currently Baine can't beat her one on one, he also has to factor in his worth, if he fights and dies on the battlefield, is captured by the Alliance, or loses in a Mak'Gora against Sylvanas, she would replace him with a Tauren that's loyal to her, but she also knows the worth Baine has as tactician, and as a leader of his people, hence she tell him that he can join Saurfang in certain death on the battlefield, or "tend to the living", which he does begrudgingly.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    That's what I've been saying all Beta!!!! This is clearly not targeting the audience of gamers who are older than, say, 22, which, let's be honest, is actually the majority of their playerbase. I don't think they get many new players, and probably not teens, with graphics from a decade ago.
    Well that's the problem of Blizzard, they try so hard to get more money by keeping the game PEGI 12 that they forgot that their target audience has grown up already and nowadays 12 year olds just care about mainstream like Fortnight. I cannot stress it enough how amazing the game would be Pegi 16 or 18, more blood, character swearing, more twisted things, maybe even nudity. In Witcher 3 many character swear when it's appropriate and it only makes them look more human-like, you can understand their feelings more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Uh WFT blizzard i think you got top mutch mery sue with Jaina in these chapters.

So frost and arcane spells can now just remove the blight that should destroy everything for like thousands of years…
    This way the plague has no use just get Jaina in it and she cleanse it in a day.
    Look up the definition of "Mary-Sue". Jaina was always written as being one of the most powerful mages on Azeroth. If anything, she is a "Disney Princess" because 2 main characters of the Warcraft Universe have been falling for her (Arthas and Kael'thas).

The term you have been looking for is "deus ex machina".

And of course, now she is again used as a plot device to teleport important characters out of a trap. Was conveniently forgotten back in Broken Shore, so Varian died. Just like the tech in Star Trek, you can do things in one episode, but not on others. WTF.

WoD 2.0 confirmed. BTW There is no more Jaina action in the next exp. I thought she will have some great moments you know as a follower. But no we won't even see her again until for one scenario... in the whole next exp. I am disapointed.
    Why does it matter? We live in a modern society. It shouldn't really matter if it's all women, all men, all brown, all white or whatever. The fact that you even react to it just underlines how wrong some people in our society really is. Stop caring for gender and colour, start caring for the people and personality behind it all. There is no correct or perfect balance between gender, races and colours so stop pretending like there is some magical compliance that needs to be followed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    Well that's the problem of Blizzard, they try so hard to get more money by keeping the game PEGI 12 that they forgot that their target audience has grown up already and nowadays 12 year olds just care about mainstream like Fortnight. I cannot stress it enough how amazing the game would be Pegi 16 or 18, more blood, character swearing, more twisted things, maybe even nudity. In Witcher 3 many character swear when it's appropriate and it only makes them look more human-like, you can understand their feelings more.
    PEGI 12 is funny, if you think that you have a ton of mass-murderers in this game, you even play one, and that torture is a perfectly acceptable way to get information.

USA is so sick. How are naked breasts more dangerous than a killing spree or torture?