Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    No. Just no. I wish people would stop with this nonsense.

If you were downranking as a mage then you were doing it wrong. We had evocation, mana gems, mana pots and mage armour. There was absolutely no fucking reason to downrank spells as a frost mage especially when you have stuff like clearcasting and mana cost reduction talents.
    Only specs that down ranked were healers and Shadow Priests and Boomkins......(it is because they would oom and SPriests needed to keep up the shadow debuff as it was the only reason they were considered to be taken)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Only specs that down ranked were healers and Shadow Priests and Boomkins......(it is because they would oom and SPriests needed to keep up the shadow debuff as it was the only reason they were considered to be taken)
    Exactly. Downranking was primarily a healer's domain. The idea that every class did it, and even mages? absolute horse shit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Exactly. Downranking was primarily a healer's domain. The idea that every class did it, and even mages? absolute horse shit.
    THe only time I remembered downranking on a DPS was during the pull of bosses that had Wing Buffet so you could pad your damage a bit with out risking pulling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Anyone but me lacking keybinds as it is. Legion pre-patch gave me 1-2 many binds for my main really. Not gonna start using too uncomfortable binds like F5, 6 or something.
    I have tried most classes and I am sitting at 5-8 active keys.

I cleared Naxx with Deus Vox(Diskordia, MK, HotChocolate, Olgal, Diego, etc). It was was difficult due to the lack of player base available to guilds as you were pulling from a server player base(we did power level some player as a form of server xfer), the need for class stacking, gearing 8 warriors(find 8 warriors), and but the raid itself once you had the classes and gear were not overly difficult because most of the fights had minimal mechanics and once you had that down the only true threat to dying was parry oneshot on a tank or someone fucking up their one responsibility in the fight. And now if you bring the tools that are available to the vanilla it will be a push over, except in vanilla you could have someone right addons that almost played the game for you(Olgal did that for a couple classes).
    Who ever used 8 warriors of their own guild though? If my memory serves me right we used at least 1 druid and we took 1 warrior from a guild that wouldn't get anywhere near 4 horsemen anyway to get it cleared. Another problem is that some guilds weren't able to convince their rogues to gear their warriors to the 4 piece set bonus first, simply didn't care or were just plain naive. 4 Horsemen is just an example though. Many guilds weren't even able to kill Thaddius or Loatheb, where class stacking was not relevant/needed.
    Last edited by Sil; 2018-08-08 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    Who ever used 8 warriors of their own guild though? If my memory serves me right we used at least 1 druid and we took 1 warrior from a guild that wouldn't get anywhere near 4 horsemen anyway to get it cleared. Another problem is that some guilds weren't able to convince their rogues to gear their warriors to the 4 piece set bonus first. 4 Horsemen is just an example though. Many guilds weren't even able to kill Thaddius or Loatheb, where class stacking was not relevant/needed.
    It was though even in Thad or Loatheb. Most of the heavy progression guilds DPS came from mages, rogues and warriors, they had a couple hunters for tranq and pulling duties and then a couple locks for COE/COR. I know Deus Vox recruited warriors from other mid tier guild and would recruit most of the PVP GM warriors(and even help them get their). We ended up having 9 warriors on roster by the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    "Vanilla rotation was only 1-2 buttons" – and!?

You think memorizing a 5-7 button rotations is hard? Not It's not and most people do it while leveling…
    there is nothing hard or impressive about memorizing a 5-7 button rotation.
    This is dumbest thing I've ever heard; It literally takes 5 hours to master it.

While in Vanilla and TBC! You had to think ahead and manage your resources –that is what actually takes skill– and doing that would take months
    you would have the illusion that you've mastered your class, but you didn't.

Key things that you are missing when you think about vanilla
    – Resource management
    – Timing
    – Thinking ahead
    Which are not vital to game right now at all or not present altogether…

Vanilla & TBC gameplay was more strategy and RPG like, while modern wow is flat out action game.
    9/10 for the shitty quality of the bait

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Comparing retail and vanilla is pretty bad at this point. Retail is more like an action game. Boss difficulty comes from having 5 different "dont stand in the fire" mechanics on every fight. Vanilla difficulty comes from coordinating 40 people to not fuck up and do their job properly, and have the right gear and the right consumes and the right buffs.
    Here is the phrase that show us, you never went above 2/11 in antorus.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's that? Someone is comparing LFR retail to endgame Classic as a measure of difficulty..? Again.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    I know truth is harsh to swallow.
    But after 14 years Vanilla is pretty much "retard-monkey" lvl of difficulty compared to retail.

Nevertheless RPG "feeling" of Vanilla shit on top of Retail, but yet on BLizzlike servers AQ40/NAXX get/got cleared in 4 days because are no brain

It was though even in Thad or Loatheb. Most of the heavy progression guilds DPS came from mages, rogues and warriors, they had a couple hunters for tranq and pulling duties and then a couple locks for COE/COR. I know Deus Vox recruited warriors from other mid tier guild and would recruit most of the PVP GM warriors(and even help them get their). We ended up having 9 warriors on roster by the end.
    Weird, we didn't do class stacking for Loatheb and Thaddius. Not with the intent of getting an edge on a boss at least, only really done it for 4 horsemen. The only thing i remember is warlocks not having many spots, with were occupied by warriors i guess. Then again, we didn't get any world first either. Top 50 somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post
    It's the same back then if you're raid is not prepared for the boss fight, well prepare for 500 boss attempts before you kill him.
    Something you couldn't afford back then since you couldn't just use your mommy credit card to pay for everything in game.
    You proved nothing; most of the things you say are flat out lies as we see from the video you talked about in the first page.

More complex mechanics or longer rotations(which can still be put under castsequence macro btw) gives you the illusion of difficulty but if you look at things from unbiassed perspective, you will realize that most people learn them in few hours.

Look at how long it took to clear bosses in Vanilla and TBC
    You're a typical modern wow player who thinks he's better than everyone in the past

Modern WoW is a P2W online action game and that's a fact
    P2W? I would love to see how that is true. Do you imply gold = winning? Because better gear does not make a better player. I am assuming Blizzard is milking us with all those store mounts too?

Deleted
    >"Blizzard is removing abilities, they are dumbing the game down!"
    >"it's fine to use just two abilities!"
    Make up your God damn minds, haters

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    I know truth is harsh to swallow.

But after 14 years Vanilla is pretty much "retard-monkey" lvl of difficulty compared to retail.
    How far did you get in vanilla, or are you one of those that didn't play it and played a level 8 on a private server once to make this judgement?

Sorry friend, Vanilla was never ever been hard. It was time consuming, thats two seperate thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastian View Post
    Sorry friend, Vanilla was never ever been hard. It was time consuming, thats two seperate thing.
    Another one that never even touched vanilla.

Deleted
    How far did you get in vanilla, or are you one of those that didn't play it and played a level 8 on a private server once to make this judgement?
    Stuck 4H on Vanilla due to no tank/guild drama

Clearead on Nost

Titanslayer on Live

your exp? or you are some lfr peps with rose tinted glasses?

Combat may not have been exactly thrilling in vanilla, but there was a lot of preparation that went into it. You didn't just wait for CDs before charging the elite mob and killing it like you do now (and in some cases dont even have to do now). You had to gather mats, make potions, maybe get a few friends, etc.

A lot of the MMO has been taken away from this game because they've made it so everything can be done alone, and because it can be done alone, the rewards for doing it aren't special.

Lets come up with a hypothetical. Lets say Blizzard realized this point, and added in mobs that can't be solod easily, but have pretty good drops. Not something like a world boss, but just mobs that pop up here and there. Do you think players wouldn't stop to help? Do you think potions/bandages wouldn't matter?

Rotations may have been simpler back then, but who cares. The game required more knowledge than memorization, if you consider them two separate things. You felt like you had to travel more often than now. You didn't just accept a summon and start blowing up bosses in the raid like you do now. The crudeness of it seems like it wouldn't work now, but frankly, it was all that made WoW unique.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Stuck 4H on Vanilla due to no tank/guild drama

Clearead on Nost

Titanslayer on Live

your exp? or you are some lfr peps with rose tinted glasses?
    Cleared Naxx 10 times. First kill 6 nov 2006.

Deleted
    Cleared Naxx 10 times. First kill 6 nov 2006.
    So no exp on live to have a clear comparison between them.

ok

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I have literally seen people recording raid bosses just standing around doing nothing. Go watch nihilum do kelthuzad.
    since standing still against Kel'thuzad phase 2 for more than 1.5 second will lead to a wipe, i question that video legitimately, go check wowpedia kel'thuzad old tactics page
    And Nihilum was the horde guild that got for long time (and its many incarnations) world first kills in general
    There was some exploits like famous shadow priest 5 men Leothab but that was hotfixed very fast, while other bosses like Heigan are far more forgiving for half of raid dying too, the top bosses like Kel'thuzad, 4 horsemen or Thaddius done by less than 39 member prior to 2.0 patch, doubt it, there is reason why Naxx was re-released again in Wrath (and that reason is as blizz officially stated almost no one saw it during vanilla wow)
    Kel'thuzad is a fight that lagging wipes raid, and since 64 modem was the common back then... even attempting him was suicide, and repair bills were insane (again it was 'known' that most top raiding guilds have 'questionable' "chineese" methods to have enough gold to raid back in the day, i know personally a warlock who did that)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Another one that never even touched vanilla.
    It seems you neither, otherwise you wouldnt state the opposite.