Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Really weird how there were tons of people that were using DDoS and scripting in MoP/WoD and only a few of them were ever really punished but Reckful just used another account and got permabanned? I mean I get that rule breaking is rule breaking but ffs Blizz have some consistency. Some of the biggest cheaters made it to Blizzcon and only then were they found out smh...

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz should just unban him already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    He really didnt deserve to be banned. People were getting temp bans for worse during that time. Blizzard would actually gain alot of subs just by him streaming WoW again.

If they still dont unban him this time, Ive gotta believe somebody high up at Blizzard just doesnt like him & wont allow his account to ever be recovered.
    It was a terrible ban, but he had openly admitted to it. If they would have let him go unpunished with his following it would have sent a pretty big message that it was an okay thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    He seemed alright when he first started streaming. Then his merchant side came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageadon View Post
    Whaaaaat, you have some vids you need to watch, Reckful is one of the most legendary players in wow!
    Oilman is a lot better!

Blizzard would actually gain alot of subs just by him streaming WoW again.
    And they would pretty much green light TOS breaking for everyone. Because if you're popular enough rules and punishments shouldn't apply to you! Just like in Hollywood!

10+ Year Old Account
    dont do the exploit / acc sharing if you cant do the ban

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    And they would pretty much green light TOS breaking for everyone. Because if you're popular enough rules and punishments shouldn't apply to you! Just like in Hollywood!
    I doubt everyone is gonna be breaking the TOS if it means getting banned for 4+ years. Reckful was made an example of to stop (and failed) account boosting.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont ressurect this guy, let him where he is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Given the context that he bragged about boosting/acc play and payed acc play while sort-of mocking blizzard a few weeks ago in his own podcast with XQC makes it harder to believe he is genuine and it is just his subconcious desire to play again while he then might still act ungrateful and risk crossing the line again.

He seems like an emotional wreck and from what you read here and there can't get anything done in life besides streaming which keeps him going.
    Wow jealous much?
    He cried about one important memory to him you have no idea what it was like being at that level, and getting fucked over.
    He's more successful in life than you will ever be.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Don't have to tell me about how many other scrubbadubs like to hack and exploit their way to the top. He just got singled out, tough shit. I wish Blizz would ban everyone that hacks but they don't. You don't let some fool get away with shit just because you're too lazy to ban others. I see a lot of people defending hacking/exploits and other shit and I know they're the random hackers you get in even the most casual PVP. It's sad.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by GlazeyB View Post
    I doubt everyone is gonna be breaking the TOS if it means getting banned for 4+ years. Reckful was made an example of to stop (and failed) account boosting.
    Reckful was obviously only caught and harshly banned because he was account sharing publicly, several times.
    Random individuals would neither get caught that easily nor would they be punished as severely.

He fucked up. In public. Got what's coming for him. Unbanning him (although he could easily just get a new account) would be equal to Blizzard doing him a favour after he spat in their face.. right in front of a bajillion people.
    Last edited by Gasparde; 2018-08-08 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    I love the sentiment in here.

He clearly knew what he was doing was against the ToS, he had been warned several times about doing it. He thought he was untouchable because of his profile, that Blizzard would turn a blind eye to it because of who he was.

He then actively, and publicly flaunted the ToS by going on his Stream and accessing accounts that were not his. Essentially telling Blizzard to come at him.

Blizzard got sick of his shit and banned him.

4 years later, he crys about it, once again trying to use his profile to avoid the consequences.

And you people fall for it. Every, single, time. Because Blizzard are the "Bad guys", and the person who did something wrong, repeatedly, never deserved to get punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy2760 View Post
    Wow jealous much?
    He cried about one important memory to him you have no idea what it was like being at that level, and getting fucked over.
    He's more successful in life than you will ever be.
    Aye, alright Fanboy, nice of you to make an account just to defend someone elses poor decisions.

He screwed the pooch. He got caught screwing the pooch, and paid the price for screwing the pooch. Instead of doing it privately, he set up a spectacle, rubbed Blizzard's nose in it, set of fireworks, had spotlights and big neon signs, and got hammered because of that. They did make an example out of him, but only because he shone the spotlight on himself.

Don't wanna be punished for doing dumb shit? Then don't do dumb shit.

A) He's not crying about being banned. He cried because of how his 2010 Blizzcon run ended.

B) Tons of people are getting punished for account sharing, piloting etc each season - but they're not getting permabanned (DQ is the most common one, maybe also temp bans but unclear on that one). The only person I know who ever got permabanned for piloting is Reckful.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Still lots of people have used exploits and account shared since and have not received Lifetime bans. Think Blizz should let him play, tbh.
    "other people haven't gotten caught yet, that means we should not try to catch anyone for breaking the rules"

Seriously?

Considering you "only" get a 6 month ban today for what he did 8 years ago, it would seem petty of blizzard to not unban him if he appealed to get it unbanned.

still doesnt deserve a perma ban. 4 years is more than enough to give him 1 more chance.
    When you do it repeatedly and it is clearly against the rules that is something different all together. The big problem for him was taking cash to do these things too. Meanwhile top raiders at the time were clearly account sharing and Blizz turned a blind eye to that. Some people going as far as to stream while on others accounts.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Considering you "only" get a 6 month ban today for what he did 8 years ago, it would seem petty of blizzard to not unban him if he appealed to get it unbanned.
    You still are permabanned for boosting other players accounts even today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I caught this yesterday too and the end really surprised me. I've been watching a little of his Japan vlogs recently after not watching him for a long time. I used to watch him back in his WoW days mostly. That really sucked when he got banned. That's so much time and hard work invested gone. Even though they act like it doesn't hurt, I know it must. He was rank 1 for like every damn season. I also just found out that he was the best player in Asheron's Call at one point and he was just a kid at that time, lol. Crazy.

Damn, he even gets emotional talking about it here too. https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF...asherons_call/
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy