Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    ... You do know that those raised into undeath suffer eternal torture after they finally bite the dust a final time, right? Like that's actually a thing in lore, it's one of sylvanus's main reasons, if not her only motivation, to avoid her final death and that shit. Because she committed suicide after arthas died, and spent a short time in the shadowlands before the valkyr rezzed her.

Literally all of those people she raised are going to suffer. forever.
    Those were estimated skeletons. That's different from necromancy. I could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Those were estimated skeletons. That's different from necromancy. I could be wrong
    animated*
    it depends, the skeletons are all that remains after the blight so since they know how to use weapons one has to assume they have intelligence compared to the soul-less ghouls that rely on flailing with their decayed-hands-turned-into-claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    It's giving me some sick pleasure to watch some horde (not you) defend her STILL!

But tbh, for those people not in denial like you, i feel bad. I'm hoping for those sane horde that you guys will get some cool quests to have some sort of covert resistance. and possibly overthrow her or something. And ya i agree, Garrosh wasn't even as bad as her.
    The difference at this point, is garrosh was actively pooping on the other horde races/racial leaders i.e trying to have vol'jin assassinated and calling some race useless (think it was blood elves) and forsaken 'monsters'. The only difference now is Sylvanas is doing shady shit and saying 'for the horde' and if other leaders oppose her she says ok sure leave then, I'm gonna keep working for the horde.

She also has dirt on most of the other leaders or they can't leave the horde or they would be destroyed. Blood elves will never join the alliance after the purge of dalaran, and Sylvanas knows baine likes anduin and he would lose his place if it was known to the rest of the horde. The orc and troll leaders are new/interim and wouldn't oppose the watchief. Thrall is out of the scene. It's very different to when garrosh was committing atrocities.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Which is not really sure either, it is is simply assumed others are send off in a peaceful afterlife, there are several quests linked to that, Sylvanas being damned can very well be connected to her deeds after her resurrection.
    Just as the Light saves its followers from suffering in the afterlife, so does Elune (whatever she might be). The undead have no protection. That's the whole point. Sylvanas hasn't done anything that really deserved eternal damnation during the time between freeing herself from LK's control and suicide in Icecrown, and that's when she first learned what was waiting her in the afterlife. So yes, these are assumptions, but they are quite well founded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Maybe I'm not 100% caught up on Sylv's abilities, but when was she able to raise the dead like a lich king/death knight?
    She's always had the Black Arrow ability (in WC3 as a Dark Ranger) which would explain her raise skeleton abilties, but she seems to have improved on it somewhat. Which I thought, as a DK main, was freaking awesome! Waiting for her and the Forsaken to join us at the Ebon Blade as a third faction

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    If only we listened to him...

Also, nothing wrong killing your troops. IRL humans do that all the time.

And skelemen army is neat. Skeleman allied race when ?
    friendly fire happens, yes, but we don't exactly drop chemical weapons on our troops. thats some shit the syrians do. so i guess you're right!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    friendly fire happens, yes, but we don't exactly drop chemical weapons on our troops. thats some shit the syrians do. so i guess you're right!
    Unless you tried to use gas weapons pre WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by dekal View Post
    You've got to look at this from a horde character's point of view. Most of them detest her at this point. But many still remember Vol'jin's appointment of her and his famous last words. They also know that if they turn on her now, it would be the end of the Horde. Right now, there are so many Alliance leaders calling for the end of the horde like Jaina, Genn, Alleria, possibly even Tyrande and Malfurion at this point. For the Horde, its either be complicit in the war and act later to reclaim what honor can be reclaimed, or die at the hands of the Alliance.

I have to say i really love the way this story is shaping up.
    Jaina -of course but she lacks political power
    Genn- his focus has always been Sylvanas ,never horde
    Alleria- I cannot remember it when she said anything about killing entire horde as a whole ,verassa sure can be given her husband was killed by horde
    Malfurion- Even told Saurfang that he has lead horde in service of death
    Saurfang being kept alive by alliance shows alliance don't want horde head . He was one of the main person that organized attack on Teldrassil
    If right now if Sylvanas head fall off war would be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Just as the Light saves its followers from suffering in the afterlife, so does Elune (whatever she might be). The undead have no protection. That's the whole point. Sylvanas hasn't done anything that really deserved eternal damnation during the time between freeing herself from LK's control and suicide in Icecrown, and that's when she first learned what was waiting her in the afterlife. So yes, these are assumptions, but they are quite well founded.
    Except creating the blight, experimenting on innocents etc. but then again almost everyone goes to the shadow lands upon their death, with very few exceptions and these lands are a horrifying place in general.

If you had to sacrifice ten of your own army to save hundreds, would you not do it?

Maybe I'm not 100% caught up on Sylv's abilities, but when was she able to raise the dead like a lich king/death knight?
    the dark ranger class variant of teh RTs had the dark arrow ability that raised a unit as it was freshly killed.

I feel this skill has changed for sylvanas over the course of the story. It's also possible that the raising of lesser undead was made somethign she can use as a result of her deal with the valkyr after they brought her back the first time post ICC... or part of her deal with Helya which was never fully explored.

I want to say she HAS had teh ability to summon minor undead for a long time, though. Like wasn't this one of her boss skills if alliance attempted to raid UC?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    Saurfang being kept alive by alliance shows alliance don't want horde head . He was one of the main person that organized attack on Teldrassil
    If right now if Sylvanas head fall off war would be over.
    the fact that ONLY Saurfang is shown getting this treatment is also a bit odd

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    this is ridicule! it is impossible that my character after seeing how sylvanas kill my brothers and sisters from the horde and raises them as undeads still follow her orders.
    This is bad writing! we overthrew Garrosh for less than this
    undead are part of the horde. she just made more of them. whats wrong with more undead? racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    this is ridicule! it is impossible that my character after seeing how sylvanas kill my brothers and sisters from the horde and raises them as undeads still follow her orders.
    This is bad writing! we overthrew Garrosh for less than this
    Looks like someone discovered the meaning of "morally grey" !

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Sylvanas is a sociopathic monster and everyone knows that. What's funny though is how often we're lately abandoning the comfortable place of "cold pragmatism 'cuz war is bad and you don't get that noblesavages lel" to examples of borderline idiocy. Burning Teldrassil wasn't exactly the work of genius but this "killing troops" thing looks particularly retarded, mostly because of how comically forced it looks. I mean, it's not like the gates of Lordaeron couldn't open, they ARE opened to let the Blightspreaders out, those troops could have just run behind them while they started to spread their shit.

But nope, Sylvanas had to show how pRaGmAtIC she is, because "lel this is war" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the dark ranger class variant of teh RTs had the dark arrow ability that raised a unit as it was freshly killed.

I feel this skill has changed for sylvanas over the course of the story. It's also possible that the raising of lesser undead was made somethign she can use as a result of her deal with the valkyr after they brought her back the first time post ICC... or part of her deal with Helya which was never fully explored.

I want to say she HAS had teh ability to summon minor undead for a long time, though. Like wasn't this one of her boss skills if alliance attempted to raid UC?

- - - Updated - - -

the fact that ONLY Saurfang is shown getting this treatment is also a bit odd
    others in stormwind jail (horde quest) where beaten and tortured ?
    If they where ill treated can you give the quest name.

She always could raise skeletons, but this here was on an unprecedented scale and i would say it is mostly rule of cool, like pretty much all these cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She always could raise skeletons, but this here was on an unprecedented scale and i would say it is mostly rule of cool, like pretty much all these cinematics.
    It's worth noting how the raising achieved absolutely nothing, since those skeletons got freezed by Jaina literally 10 seconds after they came to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by pyro989898 View Post
    others in stormwind jail (horde quest) where beaten and tortured ?
    If they where ill treated can you give the quest name.
    in the alliance side of teh quest you don't exactly see much in the way of quarter given to anyone except Saurfang

maybe the stockade leg of the quest has been changed but I don't recall any other horde entities winding up in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh no, sylvanas raised useless skeletons en masse when avarage DKs AoD is way more powerful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    oh no, sylvanas raised useless skeletons en masse when avarage DKs AoD is way more powerful.
    Can people read properly before attempt an edgy comment, the problem alone is not raising skeletons, is massive killing your own troops to do so

And who give a damn about DKS, when they are not faction leaders?