Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Update on the future of diablo franchise

Today the CM Nevalistis released a small update about the future of Diablo at Blizzard.

https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/1027193169094430720

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVaqS_bd-8

Can we at least be hyped for Blizzcon now?

I didn't get much from that, please, can you tell me what I should be hyped about?

sensory deprevation due to lack of new content basically makes news of possible news seem exciting

Quote Originally Posted by badgersmashr View Post
    sensory deprevation due to lack of new content basically makes news of possible news seem exciting
    Hahah, was about to say the same.

Hoping, but not feeling hyped just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    I didn't get much from that, please, can you tell me what I should be hyped about?
    I don't know about you, but I'm getting hyped for Blizzcon since they pretty much confirmed that we'll get a big announcement there this year, or even at Gamescom who knows.
    Last edited by Khain; 2018-08-08 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I don't know about you, but I'm getting hyped for Blizzcon since they pretty much confirmed that we'll get a big announcement there this year, or even at Gamescon who knows.
    I'm hoping for Diablo 4 or Diablo mmo. just didn't get the impression that anything interesting is going to be revealed anytime soon, really really hope I'm wrong.

Deleted
    pooer diablo. they butchered it

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect an announcement for the new game and new class for Diablo III.

I am hoping for a Diablo MMO announcement but it is unlikely. They will probably announce Diablo 4 and something mobile related.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too am hoping for Diablo 4, but also for a Diablo 3 Switch port (don’t shoot me).
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I am hoping for a Diablo MMO announcement but it is unlikely. They will probably announce Diablo 4 and something mobile related.
    I don't know what people want if a Diablo MMO, a copy paste of WoW in the Diablo universe? Can you imagine getting out of Tristram and seeing 50 people killing zombies, that would totally blow the mood and atmosphere of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that it's either a D3 expansion (doubt it considering that it's 4 years since Reaper of Souls), a major patch with maybe a new Class, or Diablo 4. Though, considering that they said "multiple", it could be more than one game as well, or just continued development on D3 while D4 is in the works.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2018-08-08 at 03:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's just another overpriced one class DLC, that'd really solidify the meme status of the game.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

My bets are the switch edition, diablo 2 remaster and d4.

What ever happens please don't be another d3 class expansion.

Diablo the mobile game
    Diablo the card game
    Diablo the mobile card game

There I spoiled the projects.

I would totally play a Diablo MMO. Doing the same thing over and over for years on end with nothing new just isn't my thing.

I know it's not a lucrative thought for any developer, nor is it as in-depth as other B2P games (GW2, etc, and no I don't like GW2 heh), but really the only thing preventing them from doing it is the on-going cost of new development. It's all instanced to begin with anyway.

An announcement of a announcement. Hate it in Hearthstone, hope its not gonna affect every Blizzard product now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    An announcement of a announcement. Hate it in Hearthstone, hope its not gonna affect every Blizzard product now.
    Better than last year where they did an announcement of no announcements.

My hopes aren't extremely high because its an easier fall that way if it needs to happen. I am hoping the short term stuff is perhaps new class and some new maps. Medium announcement of maybe a remaster or two. A longer term goal that I would call the "years out" type of announcement being a new Diablo game. In what form that game will be I am unsure.

Deleted
    what classifies as a project?

multiple diablo projects may sound like a lot.
    but it might aswell just be a few pets and season themes.

Hoping that they're just gonna kill diablo 3 (no more updates in form of added content) and devote their time to a new game.