Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

The Future of Diablo

The Future of Diablo
    Blizzard released a video letting the community know that there may be a Diablo announcement later this year.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Greetings heroes, I am community manager Brandy Camel, also known as Nevalistis.
    On behalf of the Diablo team welcome back to Sanctuary for our newest season.

For those of you still rocking your heroes in Reaper of Souls, you might have noticed we did something a little bit different for Season 14:Themed Seasons.

The Season of Greed is our first Themed Season and we plan to explore additional themes in the future. If you'd like to know more, click the link in the video description below.

We'd also like to let you know that the forges here at Blizzard are burning hot. And we have multiple Diablo projects in the works. Some of them are going to take longer than others. But... we may have some things to show you later this year.

We hope you stay tuned, while we work to bring these Diablo experiences to life.

None of this would be possible without the support that you have shown us for over 20 years. So whether you first joined us in D3 or you are a seasoned veteran, thank you.

Diablo is, and always will be, part of Blizzard's identity, and we can't wait for the future.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile port, or a new hero, at best

For those who can't find the link mentioned in the vid: https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/21839180

Nah I think they are going to do another xpac.

A true RoS sized xpac.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for some Gamescom teaser at least to get people excited for Blizzcon.

Is this gonna be the new Blizzard thing, announcements of announcements? It's annoying in Hearthstone, and hope it does not spread to all the Blizzard products.

1. Mobile Port. Android AND iOS wooohooo!

2. Switch Port

but "some things take longer" sounds like Diablo 2 HD/Remastered. Not that that is really any more exciting, but I guess some people will love it.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

That thumbnail isn't exactly inspiring confidence LUL.

Deleted
    A new expansion and the long term project is d4..

I want to see a Cavern of Times style expansion where we get to revisit the complete first and second game and then some other events we have not seen from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    1. Mobile Port. Android AND iOS wooohooo!

2. Switch Port

but "some things take longer" sounds like Diablo 2 HD/Remastered. Not that that is really any more exciting, but I guess some people will love it.
    A shit ton of people want a remaster of 2.

inb4 switch port and amazon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in if its a new expansion or a new game. Not so much if its just a new hero. I love the Diablo series, but I'd like some more story coming out that follows the events at the end of RoS. I'm also wondering about a Switch port of one or more of their games. If they did a remastered Diablo 2 for the Switch (or even just PC), I'd probably pick that up too.

SEVERAL projects.

I say 3 things:

Diablo 4
    Diablo 3 expansion. Rescuing & let Leah find peace in death?
    Diablo 2 remaster + Lord of Destruction expansion

One of these definitely i would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitex View Post
    A shit ton of people want a remaster of 2.
    I'm one of those people. My friends and I have played more D2 in the last five years than D3. A lot more fun, too. D3 was good, but not good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would buy a D2 or/and D3 port for Switch.

I Would buy a D4.

I don't buy a 27 year old community manager having anything to say when she wasn't old enough to have even played Diablo 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    Nah I think they are going to do another xpac.

A true RoS sized xpac.
    if that is true. Why did they go into maintanance mode and hardly done jack shit to keep players in d3 if they knew something new was coming to it. Shareholders first. To make them happy they need to sell a lot of copies. You aren't selling a lot of copies to a dead game. If they knew a expansion was coming. They would do what they could to keep as many as possible playing. Instead of basically just giving up on the game like they have done

Unless a mobile game, I will probably buy it. If it's mobile, I will pass. Mobile gaming isn't for me.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescom is right around the corner hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Remus88Romulus View Post
    SEVERAL projects.

I say 3 things:

Diablo 4
    Diablo 3 expansion. Rescuing & let Leah find peace in death?
    Diablo 2 remaster + Lord of Destruction expansion

One of these definitely i would say.
    Why only go for one. Lets hope for all 3