Poll: Will you miss Undercity ?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Will you miss Undercity ?

Well, I'll start by voting no, the most depressing zone of the game.

It was my favorite horde city in terms of layout assuming you teleported in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder where the heirloom vendor is going.
    /s

So what happens if you create a new Night Elf or Undead character?

I assume you just are in the old zones (phased) and once you complete the Battle for Lordaron scenario it's different?

I guess I don't actually know what happens if you fly to/over Undercity after yesterday? Is it just empty and covered in green blight?

On topic - I will miss it. My first true "main" was an Undead Warrior. Undercity was always my home.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Miss it? I already had the bronze lady switch it back!

Undercity is where I do all of my shopping! Port in and everything I need is so easily accessible and rarely ever crowded. It's the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

It's still there, you'll still be able to visit it with lower level characters and by talking to that time dragon lady.

But yes, I'll miss Undercity. It's one of those cities that made me think "Woooah..." the first time I went up to it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    She is up on the roof of the Orgrimmar gate along with the Roach vendor, UC quartermaster, and even the bat handler is hanging out up there.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    probably still at undercity.

just talk to zidormi.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Well, I'll start by voting no, the most depressing zone of the game.
    It is a necropolis, what do you expect? a fucking beach vacation?

I loved its ambience, it had a dark beauty of its own. I suspect they are removing it and Teldrassil because it is becoming apparent the older designers who have now all left the company were more talented than the current crop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    She is up on the roof of the Orgrimmar gate along with the Roach vendor, UC quartermaster, and even the bat handler is hanging out up there.
    Org could use some gloom.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I was hoping they’d have a little closed off section of the underhold beneath Orgrimmar.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heerobya View Post
    So what happens if you create a new Night Elf or Undead character?

I assume you just are in the old zones (phased) and once you complete the Battle for Lordaron scenario it's different?

I guess I don't actually know what happens if you fly to/over Undercity after yesterday? Is it just empty and covered in green blight?

On topic - I will miss it. My first true "main" was an Undead Warrior. Undercity was always my home.
    Yes to your speculation regarding new toons; that is precisely how it works.

As for flying over after completing the event, that is also true.
    • The entire city and a large chunk of the field in front is covered in blight.
    • The sewer cave entrance is blocked by rocks.
    • The blight does not care at all if you have immunity (or at least not about ice block- tested).
    • The elevators are still running.
    • There is an invisible wall preventing living players from approaching said elevators.
    • The aforementioned wall does not prevent ghosts from approaching.
    • Yes you can die in front of the elevator door, run back, enter the elevators, and accept the res just as the elevator starts to go down.
    • The city is completely in tact and blight-free!
    • After a few seconds of being down there alive, you'll be ported outside next to the bronze dragon.
    • The Silvermoon crystal does not work from the UC side. Using it from the SM side ports you to the dragon.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2018-08-08 at 04:24 PM.

Yeah, it was always my go to city for crafting/AH + to get away from the crowds of Org. I'll miss the solace of it, but my banker is still there, so it's not gone entirely for me.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I was hoping they’d have a little closed off section of the underhold beneath Orgrimmar.
    You know I actually didn't think to check down there, that would make a lot of sense; I'll have to go have a looksee.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna miss that rotting-stink-hole. Where else are we gonna be able to celebrate the most important holiday in WOW?!?
    Where else could possible be a more fitting setting for a dark and spooky holiday in which we get to chow on fists full of candy, burn a giant straw-man and gank Alliance party poopers as they swoop in?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Yeah, it was always my go to city for crafting/AH + to get away from the crowds of Org. I'll miss the solace of it, but my banker is still there, so it's not gone entirely for me.
    You'll still have SM and TB!
    Cthulhu 2024, why vote for a lesser evil

7+ Year Old Account
    Naw.

Even with nostalgia, it was the least appealing city hub to me. Playing this game since 2007 I can vaguely remember any memorable moments I experienced in Tirisfal Glades.

Actually, come to think about it, world PvP at the Scarlet Monastery summoning stone back in the day is really the only thing that made that zone worth while.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea, Org I'd guess, or you could talk to the Bronze Dragonflight chick to revert UC to as it was pre-battle
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

UC has always been my least favorite city, either faction. The layout has always been a garbage pile of a maze, no straightforward routes to anything, and even though you can fly, it's got small corridors that make it difficult to fly with ease. Next up, the alliance can take silvermoon...

Nah, didn't overly care for Undercity, prefer the more openness of Orgrimmar and Thunder Bluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't my favourite city, but I'm still gunna miss it. Same goes for Teldrassil to a lesser extent. However, I'm just glad the world is progressing/changing.