Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Uh ?
    Jaina has ALWAYS been Alliance. She never went neutral (unlike Dalaran, which was Alliance but somehow magically went twice neutral because gameplay).
    Never said neutral. Since the Dalaran event she has been wavering, Legion is a very good example of how useless she has been.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

First off, how can even Jaina afford a ship with her credit score?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    I wonder how much mana floating a ship mid air costs? And then to fire arcane cannons from the side? She's an arcane mage, so her manapool must have been screaming uncle there.
    Can you imagine if any of this happened in the RTS games? Magic-boosted catapults that can siege your base from across the map, summon floating battleships, azerite war machines...
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    All the Alliance leaders would be dead by the trap Sylvanas set up
    Jaina saved the Alliance from losing the war right there, why does no one talk about it?
    bahahahahaah, you think some BLIGHT is just going to instantly kill these high level characters lol...

I get it, people believe these are just normal characters.. like US that basically don't have any extra power - These people are ultra strong in comparison to normal characters.. I don't think Jaina did much but help them out

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Uh.... care to explain how Teladassil burning via trebuchets was the "key" to winning the war? Last I checked, the entire Nelf army was routed and shitty writing led Sylvannas to burn the tree down as a spite thing, not as a "well we need to burn the tree to win gaizs"
    You think to small. Sylvanas has no problem with sacrificing anything or anyone, as long the horde will win. She doesn't care for honor. The burning of Teldrassil was NOT on a wimp. That was calculated, cold blooded. Saurfang didn't tell her something new with the "they come for us". This was exactlly what she intended to do. Aggro the allicance so much, they start to come for vengance and make errors.

We don't have any timeline here, but you can be sure, prepping UC with the blight like this was not done in a short time frame. I'm sure they already began preperations before sylvanas even attacked the tree.

Sylvanas always planed ahead... far ahead. She couldn't know about Jaina, nobody did and it was a surprise. If Jaina wouldn't be there, the alliance leaders would be dead by now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Can you imagine if any of this happened in the RTS games? Magic-boosted catapults that can siege your base from across the map, summon floating battleships, azerite war machines...
    Yeah... we had something simmilar in battletech with units shooting over the whole fucking map and landing a headshot. Or some other inbalanced crap. Not to mention some official storylines that were just... well...
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Uh.... care to explain how Teladassil burning via trebuchets was the "key" to winning the war? Last I checked, the entire Nelf army was routed and shitty writing led Sylvannas to burn the tree down as a spite thing, not as a "well we need to burn the tree to win gaizs"
    There’s a bit in “A good war”, with Sylvanas nattering about inflicting a “Wound that doesn’t heal” to the Alliance, she first figured on bumping off Malfurion for that (Making an enemy a martyr has the reverse effect, if i’m not mistaken), so she decides to burn Teldrassil instead after Delaryn Summermoon mentions hope to her (Earth history with regards to the Alamo and Pearl harbor say otherwise on that front), it’s all rather silly, but we’ll be off to pastures new in a week, to ally our way into new navies (That i believe Azshara will wreck to give us reason to do her raid), you know how it goes, just a regular day on Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    You think to small. Sylvanas has no problem with sacrificing anything or anyone, as long the horde will win. She doesn't care for honor. The burning of Teldrassil was NOT on a wimp. That was calculated, cold blooded. Saurfang didn't tell her something new with the "they come for us". This was exactlly what she intended to do. Aggro the allicance so much, they start to come for vengance and make errors.
    She did it because she wanted to demoralize the Night Elves by killing Malfurion. Like she said in the novella, Darnassus was never the goal, it was always Malfurion. Summermoon pushed her over the edge with her hope speech and Sylvanas went all out. It wasn't the outcome she expected, and it was very much an in-the-moment decision, not one that was carefully calculated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    First off, how can even Jaina afford a ship with her credit score?!
    buy now pay later...
    much later.. she will do another vanishing act

Do you think... if I shanked Jaina I could steal her ship and be a pirate?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Jaina saved the Alliance from losing the war right there, why does no one talk about it?
    At no point were they in danger of dying when Jaina first showed up with the ship. They had fallen back and were ready to fully retreat/gtfo when she came. They weren't trapped, but sure...pay zero attention to the events and keep telling yourself that
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the definition of mary sue is an ideal and all perfect fictional character, immediately loved/respected by the majority of people he encounters while he/she excels incredibly at tasks he/she shouldn't be that good at given the amount of training/experience, while having a fuckton of power for whatever reason.

jaina isnt a mary sue.
    she made a lot of mistakes in life, a lot of people hate for the things she's done, she's an emotionally broken person and she has tons of combat and arcane experience to back up her skills.

anduin is a classical mary sue/garry stue.
    everyone loves him, for some reason he's an amazing swordsman and king while being a bookworm most of his life with next to no combat experience, nearly perfect on all fronts.
    he even has a spidey sense for fucks sake.
    yeah, i feel jaina has become a deux ex for alliance, just as thrall was becoming for the horde
    "There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."
    — Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Not really. The CE story doesn't give any indication on how Sylvanas and Malfurion were until Saurfang intervened. We see in-game she was near death and he was fine, and we know historically that he vastly overpowers her.

Plus Tyrande wasn't far behind that whole thing anyhow. If Saurfang had not intervened Sylvanas was beyond dead.
    Actually believing that Malfurion "vastly overpowers" Sylvanas
    Good one, but no.

I know it has been said already but Deus Ex MaJaina.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    Yea they made it look like if she didn't show up the Alliance and all the main leaders would be dead. Pretty lucky they have their Mary Sue character.
    Jaina is not a Mary Sue. By definition of WHO she is over the course of the whole of the Lore, she is one of the most powerful Mages in Azeroth. There is a reason she was the leader of the Kirin Tor. She is perhaps only outmatched by Khadgar and Aegwynn. They have never shown her power scope like that simply because there has never been a cinematic ability to in game until recently.

You can be bitter all you like, but she's not a Mary Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    lol what a stack of bs .

the only this she is , is possesed by Ghuun
    Ho? What you talking about ? HOW THE Hell is possessd by Ghuun ? Who is still under the 3rd seal in Uldir ? First it was dread lord now it is from the lesser old god... Yall is dumb for real.

She is literally the Most powerfull Sorceress (Female mage) in all of azeroth. So sit down and shut up. SHe has more power in her pinky then you. Yall forget she super charged her staff. (With the power of a Titan) When she took the remainder of Lei Shens power. She survived an arcane blast that forever changed here. SHe gonna beat the horde down.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If Jaina didn’t show up anduin would have just fallen back he was already clear of the blight he was in no way ducked.
    I disagree. Anduin would have failed in his attempt to avenge Teldrassil. That's pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    You can be bitter all you like, but she's not a Mary Sue.
    People like their labels, but the problem still remains. Jaina has become a walking plot device. Even if her power is justified, it feels really cheap just to watch her do all this shit. Anduin would have failed in his assault without her (and Alleria too). Nothing about this feels like it should be happening.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-08-08 at 09:11 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I disagree. Anduin would have failed in his attempt to avenge Teldrassil. That's pretty bad.

People like their labels, but the problem still remains. Jaina has become a walking plot device. Even if her power is justified, it feels really cheap just to watch her do all this shit. Anduin would have failed in his assault without her (and Alleria too). Nothing about this feels like it should be happening.
    the war wouldn't have ended because they didn't win one battle.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLisanna View Post
    SHe gonna beat the horde down.
    Yeah..by herself.

That is why it was so stupid. She flew in at the last second and with one spell wiped out a risen army and somehow froze? the Blight away. Then with a waggle of her finger her magic pew pew cannon breached the city walls and then with another waggle she ported a whole army back to safety at the end. With her around the Horde is fucked.

And if Sylvanas didn't fly away into the random window that was never there on top of having the "the building is collapsing and a boulder blocked our entrance!" cliche, the war would have been over.

The Alliance (specifically Anduin) wanted to capture Sylvanas, not kill her. That was the reason for the risky and ill-advised assault. Otherwise they could have just sat back and bombed Undercity out of existence or called in the Vindicaar to rake it with lasers from orbit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯