sentinals are the little flying robots you get and vacuum is a mod that increases the range you pick up items so you don't need to pretty much stand on top of them to pick them up

Vacuum was changed so that it can be equipped on all sentinel companions, not just the carrier.

But you still want the carrier because it got the "Looter" mod instead, which auto destroys containers you're nearby. I have received so many resources because of that one mod, it's really one of the most impactful mods in the game when you're to lazy or impatient to stop and shoot every container you see.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2018-08-07 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Vacuum was changed so that it can be equipped on all sentinel companions, not just the carrier.

But you still want the carrier because it the "Looter" mod instead, which auto destroys containers you're nearby. I have received so many resources because of that one mod, it's really one of the most impactful mods in the game when you're to lazy or impatient to stop and shoot every container you see.
    its really only a choice between carrier and helios at this stage

Made a ton of progress in 2 weeks, now it’s time to go back to wow and prepare for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    its really only a choice between carrier and helios at this stage
    Taxon should really have a health regen aura.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Farmed my three Nidus parts and they're cooking in the oven. Guess I won't be able to start playing Nidus until this weekend... but there's only a week left to get my warrior up to 110 and get exalted with the AotL so I can race change my warrior to a LFD, so I guess it's back to WoW. Poor timing a I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Taxon should really have a health regen aura.
    That's what Medi Ray is for.

Imo Helios is the clear winner in any companion contest because it's the only sentinel that can heal itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this will help someone: a guide/list of guns, schools and companions:

https://www.cephalonwannab.com/
    Last edited by Bugg; 2018-08-08 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    That's what Medi Ray is for.

Imo Helios is the clear winner in any companion contest because it's the only sentinel that can heal itself.
    ...are you meaning the Djinn? It can equip a mod that allows it to eventually resurrect itself, on top of the Regen mod that all sentinels can equip.

It's what I've been taking to pretty much everything these days, specifically because it's essentially immortal. I only grab the Helios if I'm going somewhere where I think I still need to grab Codex entries (like the recent Acolyte event), or the Carrier if I'm gonna be running a longer mission with a weapon that has poor ammo efficiency. Even then, I'm wondering if relying on Squad Ammo Restores might be better, since if my Carrier dies on a longer mission, it will eventually be as if I hadn't take it with me after all.

Unless Helios has a means of healing itself I'm not aware of....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

So now that I've pretty much cleared the star chart...What all is there to do or what should I be doing? I started doing the eidolon dailys, and I've been doing the synthesis scanner daily if I remember it, and I do any of the alerts I need to for mats/mods, and I've been doing the events. I got my first lens so I started working on gaining some exp for my operator talents. I need to work on my quests a little bit more, I still have a decent number of those to do. I saw the acolyte event yesterday but I'm not sure what that's about or what I'm supposed to do for that.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2018-08-08 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    ...are you meaning the Djinn? It can equip a mod that allows it to eventually resurrect itself, on top of the Regen mod that all sentinels can equip.

It's what I've been taking to pretty much everything these days, specifically because it's essentially immortal. I only grab the Helios if I'm going somewhere where I think I still need to grab Codex entries (like the recent Acolyte event), or the Carrier if I'm gonna be running a longer mission with a weapon that has poor ammo efficiency. Even then, I'm wondering if relying on Squad Ammo Restores might be better, since if my Carrier dies on a longer mission, it will eventually be as if I hadn't take it with me after all.

Unless Helios has a means of healing itself I'm not aware of....
    The Helios is the only Sentinel that has a weapon which counts as a melee weapon, which means you can put Healing Return on it.

Mod it’s weapon right and it’s basically unkilllable.

Looks like we have 2 events going on at the same time. Guessing you're supposed to wait for Torment to show up then farm the hell out of him for Argon scope mods. Those sell for the big plat.

Can Helios heal itself? I've honestly never know that to be the case, outside of modding it to be able to do so with something like Healing Return.

That being said, I'd argue that, in some situations, Ammo Case is more valuable. It really depends which weapons you're using, but I doubt any of the really competative bullet hoses have room to fit an ammo mutator on there for free. Most launchers also suffer with ammo efficiency issues at higher levels too, since Sniper ammo is much harder to find than the other kinds. As a complete package, Carrier is very competative imo.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Can Helios heal itself? I've honestly never know that to be the case, outside of modding it to be able to do so with something like Healing Return.

That being said, I'd argue that, in some situations, Ammo Case is more valuable. It really depends which weapons you're using, but I doubt any of the really competative bullet hoses have room to fit an ammo mutator on there for free. Most launchers also suffer with ammo efficiency issues at higher levels too, since Sniper ammo is much harder to find than the other kinds. As a complete package, Carrier is very competative imo.
    It heals itself through the melee damage healing return mod. Since Helios is the only Sentinel that can use Deconstructor/Prime.

I personally use Helios Prime/Deconstructor Prime.
    I have an incredible Riven, I put in my healing return, and go for a solid damage build with some support. (Namely the healing beam and primed regen)
    I haven't felt the need to ever use any other Sentinel, haven't had ammo issues in any content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    It heals itself through the melee damage healing return mod. Since Helios is the only Sentinel that can use Deconstructor/Prime.
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't even equip my Sentinels with weapons. All it really does is increace the chances they'll end up dead at some point. I expect that fully modded, forma'd and potatoed, it could do respectable damage, but I've almost never found lack of damage to be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    I haven't felt the need to ever use any other Sentinel, haven't had ammo issues in any content.
    I often find myself running out, especially on longer endless missions. Though I admit part of that is my fault, I tend to use the Supra Vandal as my primary and the Twin Grakata as my secondary. They're not the most ammo efficient weapons around, although they are very good at what they do. Carrier just works better with that kind of setup

I expect if you're using things which don't consume vast quantities of ammo then Helios or a Kavat are better choices. If you're using melee or exalted weapons then its a complete none issue to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't even equip my Sentinels with weapons. All it really does is increace the chances they'll end up dead at some point. I expect that fully modded, forma'd and potatoed, it could do respectable damage, but I've almost never found lack of damage to be an issue.

I often find myself running out, especially on longer endless missions. Though I admit part of that is my fault, I tend to use the Supra Vandal as my primary and the Twin Grakata as my secondary. They're not the most ammo efficient weapons around, although they are very good at what they do. Carrier just works better with that kind of setup

I expect if you're using things which don't consume vast quantities of ammo then Helios or a Kavat are better choices. If you're using melee or exalted weapons then its a complete none issue to begin with.
    I use Supra Vandal and Lato primarily myself.
    Only time I usually run dry is a Defense where I'm too lazy to run around.

And I'd rather my Sentinel do damage, especially as it very rarely dies.
    Decon currently one shots everything until Sortie 2 for me.
    I unequip it for Riven challenges or if I'm playing with new friends so it doesn't "carry" though tougher stuff.

Deleted
    I honestly can't even remember the last time I ran out of ammo for my Arca Plasmor, and if I did thats what secondaries/melee are for.

No idea why anyone uses the Carrier. I can understand arguments for the Kavats with the crit/loot bonus, but even they can't compare to the Helios. He can scan stuff (infinitely if you get the Simaris augment for your scanner that gives you infinite charges), and then when he's scanned enough stuff for you that you've completed things in the codex, you can use the Detect Vulnerability mod on him to give you a mini version of Banshees weak spot ability, where you can get up to a 275% damage multiplier if you max the mod. He's tanky as hell thanks to his ability to heal himself, and he can actually kick out a surprising amount of damage/cc (can get to 85% status chance with 4 dual stat mods, mod him for blast and he'll be constantly knocking things over for you).

I've done near enough everything this game has to offer, and my Helios has survived all of that while dishing out damage, completing the codex for me, healing me, and making me do more damage to enemies.

No other companion even comes close.

I honestly can't even remember the last time I ran out of ammo for my Arca Plasmor, and if I did thats what secondaries/melee are for.
    Arca Plasmor is a very ammo efficient weapon though. You can, at times, kill multiple enemies with a single shot. My bullet hoses... Eeeh, I'm looking at spending more ammo than I'm going to pick up for a single kill alone.

Typically, I have my secondaries and melee modded to deal with different enemy types within the same faction or else to deal with a specific problem. So for dealing with Corpus, for example, I bring something to deal with large groups, something for heaviliy shielded robots, nullifiers etc. It's not really required at maybe >70, but I typically end up going for 60+ minutes in surivivals, 40+ waves in defence and so on. It's effective for dealing with problems, though it doesn't offer much in the way of flexibility. I have a specific tool for a specific problem.

The Helios is the only Sentinel that has a weapon which counts as a melee weapon, which means you can put Healing Return on it.

Mod it’s weapon right and it’s basically unkilllable.
    Ah, I had actually forgotten that the Deconstructor counts as a melee weapon. Like Strawberry, I oftentimes don't even equip my sentinels with weapons, since most of the time their weapons don't even really seem to do much, and I usually value the utility provided by a sentinel, over whatever damage they can do. Killing stuff is my job, after all. :P

Ironically enough, I actually got the last piece of Helios Prime last night, and have it currently being made in the Foundry. It sounds like I might want to consider actually upgrading it properly when it's done....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Mmm Vauban Deluxe skin.
    And I got my 900 day Syandana.

Feels good.

As much as I love this Vauban skin, I sort of wish the layout of colors was a little different.
    The Trim on the armor also affects quite a few other parts.