Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What if Sylvanas remains Warchief?

Looking over a lot of threads, there seems to be an assumption that we're redoing Mists of Pandaria, with Sylvanas as Garrosh, and Saurfang as Vol'jin. And then Sylvanas becomes a raid boss and is deposed by the Alliance/Saurfang at the end of the expansion.

What if this doesn't happen? Sylvanas remains Warchief, with the rest of the Horde rallying behind her, maybe reluctantly in some cases. Saurfang remains outcast, or becomes reconciled to the Horde. The Alliance is unable to secure a full/major victory against the Horde this expansion.

There's an argument that the big mistake Garrosh made was making enemies of the non-orcish Horde. So far, Sylvanas is not doing that, but is working with the entire Horde.

I think Blizzard might take this path, as it would make the faction war more or less permanent for future expansions. It also avoids killing off a fan favorite character, and avoids another round of Name the Warchief. It would also avoid completely rehashing MoP.
    Last edited by RohanV; 2018-08-08 at 05:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the Horde has have a history being under the thrall (no pun intended) of outside forces. The Burning Legion, namely.

So perhaps this time around substitute the Burning Legion and demon blood with... necromancy?

Sylvanas gets purified and returns to the living. Without her obsession with death, or maybe with more of one, she honorably changes gears towards protecting the horde so that they may never know the same fate.

Meh. It could be done by blizz. Sylvanas Windrunner will be around for as there is a World of Warcraft, I believe.

Horde wins.

Deleted
    We'd have enough Saltwater Potions from the Alliance to last forever.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she has a change of attitude, yes. The "Sylvanas is doing something shady and won't tell us" plot is outdated.

It's entirely plausible, it's quite obvious she has a plan. Even the attack on UC seemed that she was baiting them At no point did she really seem to have lost control of what was happening there. If she succeeds in whatever her plan is, it's quite possible she will remain leader of the horde and everyone horde side will be happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she remains Warchief I'd like a damn good reason for her to do what she does. Though I'd much rather prefer for her to step down due to the other races no longer accepting her crap and going off on her own.

She doesn't have to die, she doesn't have to redeem herself she just needs to not be the Warchief when all she cares about is the Forsaken and herself.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

I’d imagine the trolls and orcs would support Sylvanus if she gets them out of the desert.

If she were an orc doing the same exact shit people would love her. I don't understand the salt. Also don't think she's going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    If she were an orc doing the same exact shit people would love her. I don't understand the salt. Also don't think she's going anywhere.
    People that criticize her now that used to like her, have rose tinted glasses of all that she's done. I've always liked her since she was was doing messed up shit since Vanilla and I was playing Undead Rogue and Mage. The people that never liked her, just like her even less now that she's the faction leader.

Are you expacting the next expension to be full pve with no Pvp, we need conflict
    It's not World of Peacecraft fater all.

While only Anuin want peace all the others member of the alliance are a bunch of aggressor.
    Sylvannas must remain, all the other Horde leaders are soft

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    She doesn't have to die, she doesn't have to redeem herself she just needs to not be the Warchief when all she cares about is the Forsaken and herself.
    I dunno. I feel like she really does care about the entire horde, and not just the Forsaken. I don't remember her doing anything which would indicate she does not care about trolls, orcs, tauren, etc... The only thing she does not care about is "straight forward honorable combat". But, that was never her strong suit anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I dunno. I feel like she really does care about the entire horde, and not just the Forsaken. I don't remember her doing anything which would indicate she does not care about trolls, orcs, tauren, etc... The only thing she does not care about is "straight forward honorable combat". But, that was never her strong suit anyways.
    Most people quote book content which isn't in the game and her internal thinking. Summation of it is that she basically is using the horde as a whole to further her own goal for the forsaken/herself. I haven't read the books but that seems to be what people are getting at.

Deleted
    ofc she will stay warchief.
    do you really think they are going to make the next warchief go badguy? we all know blizzard is lazy and original content was never blizzards strong side but just making garrosh 2.0?
    they try so hard to make her look so bad right now (which she does) just to later show a 10sec. clip how it was not her fault or how she did the right thing.
    also how much shit would they take form all the sylvanas fanboys sperging out over her?
    the horde and the sylvanas fans are in the majority.. its like game of thrones would kill daenerys. if any of those 2 will die it will be a martyrs death.

also just look at the current storytelling in entertainment bussiness... sylvanas will get a really really nice (in fact terrible bad) redemption story... so she will be the hero that nobody deserved (even for the alliance players).

its so boring... every villian is like "yeah she did not so nice things.. but she was mindr**ed by arthas so she is fine now" most of the time it even goes back and forth.. if you are looking for a plot.. there is non anywhere because it changes over and over.. since people need to be engaged to the story.. nobody has the time or the resources to develope new storys/heroes/ideas.. its just to much risk. (they even change stuff that was "written in stone" or change the story BY writing in the chronicle "THATS how it was actually") (not only talking about WoW here.)

i hope they go trough at this point with her becomming the new lichqueen or something. i wouldnt even mind if we at first couldnt get her out of the way just not as stupid as garrosh (oh yeah btw he ran away with the help of a black dragon.. and everything happend not in the game but in a comic. "oh shit that went so b ad lets just kill garrosh in the middle of a questchain")

but judging by what ion said.. "the light can be bad" "we want to explore that scenario" and the overall fanboybase of sylvanas i really doubt that she will be the one true evil. im counting on the redemption story until the day we finally kill her or stop her as the true evil and not as "yo, we killed the wrong girl in the end guys".

the world of warcraft is a tv series.. with endless seasons until the "viewers" drop. not a movie.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2018-08-08 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    She won't. Blizzard is anything but subtle. Sylvanas will be overthrown before the expansion ends.

I guess it would stop a majority of her fanbase from commiting seppuku.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Are you expacting the next expension to be full pve with no Pvp, we need conflict
    It's not World of Peacecraft fater all.

While only Anuin want peace all the others member of the alliance are a bunch of aggressor.
    Sylvannas must remain, all the other Horde leaders are soft
    Do you not think the writing has been on the wall for a while with Timeless Isle coin farming, free for all PVP world quests and the "mercenary mode" for battlegrounds? PVP can still exist without you being bound by honor to only attack people from other factions. Arenas and rated battlegrounds being the best example of how it works just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    I guess it would stop a majority of her fanbase from commiting seppuku.
    the haters will do it instead

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    People that criticize her now that used to like her, have rose tinted glasses of all that she's done. I've always liked her since she was was doing messed up shit since Vanilla and I was playing Undead Rogue and Mage. The people that never liked her, just like her even less now that she's the faction leader.
    Right? I remember the Forsaken under Thunder Bluff doing experiments on Tauren. The torture chamber under Sylvy’s room. Having a goddamn Dreadlord as her #2.

Sylvy’s always been fucked up. Death to the living, y’all