Poll: Will you miss Undercity ?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Love the zone, not so much the city, or rather in-game design of it. An underground city of the dead sounds great, but Undercity doesn't come anywhere near the potential epicness.

It was the best Horde Capital.

Deleted
    Having never levelled a Forsaken character or really having a character that made UC it's central hub, I did not spend all that much time in there other than as a means of transport to places in the EK. But I am still going to miss it because I have memories of seeing it from as far back in original Vanilla and instantly loving it's gothic and sinister aesthetic, and the circular symmetric design with all it's levels I always found fascinating and very cleverly designed, almost like something out of an Escher drawing. As a Horde player I always felt very safe - far underground and surrounded by Dark Rangers and Dreadguards everywhere, it felt like a well fortified underground fortress. I'll always have fond memories of the epic post-Wrathgate scenario where you get to kick ass alongside Thrall and Sylvanas and take down a bigass dreadlord at the end. Probably my fondest memory though will be of when I started going hardcore PVP'ing in Legion with the Prestige levels in effect, and upon reaching Level 1 (LOL) I got a summons to Undercity, not having the first clue what it was about - only to enter the main throne room and see every one of the Horde's leaders there and listen to Sylvanas give an epic proud speech that made me sound like an unstoppable Alliance-slaying machine, and then getting a "FOR THE HORDE!" roar from all the faction leaders as my legendary weapon gets a power up. In hindsight I'm glad I made the decision to go full PvP mode when I did so I could experience this awesome, and last, memory. It's gonna be a shame to see it go after so long, but I can at least be happy I took away some great memories before it fell

It was my favourite capital aesthetically, musically and thematically. I remember freaking out in vanilla that I could walk through the throne room that Arthas killed his father in, then discovering that there were freaking Abominations guarding every elevator!

Also, for my auction alts, the mailbox is right next to the auctioneer.

As my main is a Tauren, I will not miss Undercity and its tiny doors and elevator of death. I'll miss Darnassus more, tbh.
    /Catchphrase!

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I wonder where the heirloom vendor is going.
    It's gone. The Horde is so brutal and skilled they don't need heirlooms to level up.

As much as I miss Darn, so not at all.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Both Darnassus and Undercity were iconic WoW cities.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    She is up on the roof of the Orgrimmar gate along with the Roach vendor, UC quartermaster, and even the bat handler is hanging out up there.
    Ah, my old and good friend Jeremiah! I'm happy now! But the Auctioneers, they are MIA? If so, I am gonna miss Ryhker...

And OT: Of course I will miss it! I always did everything there (with the obvious exceptions), and always log out there too. I know I can speak with Zidormi, but I like to have the game with current changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    probably still at undercity.

just talk to zidormi.
    Is that going to last though or is it just for the Legion's fleeting time frame?

Undercity didn't get destroyed, it just got blight bombed with a couple walls destroyed.... You gotta remember most of the tenants are undead, so no worries, life will go on.

I'll miss Brill far more. Have a lot of memories RPing there.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd really miss it if it was taken out completely, but you can still talk to zidormi lol so no harm done, still gonna go there time to time.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Miss it? We just got it back. Just have to cleanse it up over time like the plaguelands and then rebuild Capital City to its former glory. All things in time, what matters is that it is ours.

"I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    Love the zone, not so much the city, or rather in-game design of it. An underground city of the dead sounds great, but Undercity doesn't come anywhere near the potential epicness.
    Much like Darnassus... The difference between the concept art of Darnassus and its actual implementation in-game was really staggering.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    You might be thinking of the Cleft of Shadow, which is also an appropriate place for them, but I meant the area Garrosh created in secret that you visit in Siege of Orgrimmar. It's basically Undercity 2: Ragefire Chasm Boogaloo.

Of course I wouldn't want the entire thing as a city beneath Org, it's way too big, but a small portion of it would be cool.
    OOoo, that would have been an even better idea! TBH I always thought it was lame that they just repopulated RFC with new mobs instead of extending Org. The dungeon could still be there for lower levels, but speaking in lore terms it didn't make a whole lot of sense for Vol'jin to just close up the entire area over putting it to work for the Horde.

I'm imagining the Klaxxi cave areas in particular for the UC refugees, like where the paragon fight is. Damn, missed opportunity there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    Ah, my old and good friend Jeremiah! I'm happy now! But the Auctioneers, they are MIA? If so, I am gonna miss Ryhker...

And OT: Of course I will miss it! I always did everything there (with the obvious exceptions), and always log out there too. I know I can speak with Zidormi, but I like to have the game with current changes...
    You know I don't recall the auctioneers being there; there are some pockets of forsaken I found scattered throughout the city though; (the Dark Rangers certainly seem to have made themselves at home along every wall circling the city). Maybe Ryhker made it out in time; and he's working in one of the district AH's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Its pretty obvious to me that both cities that got clipped were the least traveled to ORIGINAL capital cities. In a total 1 for 1 everyone is a winner and loser of what mattered the least story. If they really wanted to shake shit up they should have trashed SW and Org. That way we would be forced to different main capitals for the expansion.

Deleted
    realy?

ive been there only for quest realting stuff ( realy rarely occured ) and for the heirloom vendor ( once a year maybe? )
    I didnt even liked the layout , was way to complicated.

So: i dont miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Its pretty obvious to me that both cities that got clipped were the least traveled to ORIGINAL capital cities. In a total 1 for 1 everyone is a winner and loser of what mattered the least story. If they really wanted to shake shit up they should have trashed SW and Org. That way we would be forced to different main capitals for the expansion.
    they didnt even removed them completly , wouldve been to much work to make old quests work which were involved in the city.
    Its even worse for OG/SW.

Because you are FORCED!!! to visit og and sw for several big main questy .

Wouldve been better they keep main story/xpac related quests to xpac zones only.

Yes, because of the centralized layout completing cooking and fishing dailies, bank access and AH on alts were easy.

They really needed to destroy SW and Org instead of two of the most unique capitals (both in design and location). If anything, making Darnassus and the UC the new main capitals would have been the best idea. It also makes sense, at least on the Horde, given that Sylvanas is warchief and can run the Horde from her own city (especially when the undead were unhappy that she was in Orgrimmar, not paying enough attention to them).

But no, I will not miss it because there was never any reason to go there anyway and I actually like the direction of the story right now.