Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by untrentide View Post
    Bwonsamdi only gets the souls of a troll or one killed by a troll who worships him. He wouldn't benefit from a majority of the souls in this war.
    Your point? Any soul sent to him makes him stronger. He would still gain hundreds of souls from a war.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sylvanas would have preferred to stay in the shadows as opposed to be the Warchief (this is confirmed, 100% Sylvanas didn't want to be Warchief.) This means either the Loa wanted her to be warchief for some reason or that something pretending to be a Loa did. Why that is, we don't yet know.

It could be as bad as Sylvanas is currently, she would have been worse if left to her own devices.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    How is everyone missing the most obvious explaination? If things didn't progress exactly how they did since Vol'jin's death, the Zandalari might never have joined the horde. Burning of Teldrassil, Battle of Lordaeron & the rescue of Talanji by the Horde were all intregal to a new unified Troll empire
    Also, Loa (aka Troll 'Gods') will feature A LOT in BfA storylines- just keep your eyes open and clues will show up. Not going to spoil anything for those not tried beta or read books.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    An untold story that has yet to be revealed why Sylvanas was chosen by him?
    How is this not the obvious answer? People are flipping out about stuff that isn't even available yet, when we -know- it isn't about the Horde vs Alliance.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

(at 55sec mark) He claims that the spirit has granted him vision and that many will not understand, but that she must step out of the shadows and lead.
    So, was he delusional or possessed? Or maybe something third? An untold story that has yet to be revealed why Sylvanas was chosen by him?
    To be fair, had Jaina not showed up, her plan to cut the head off the Alliance in the throne room would have worked.

On a side note, the score for this cinematic is one of the best in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I kinda like this theory. It forces her to step out of the shadows and show her true colors to all.
    like this idea! but with bliz all things are so simple "who burn the tree???" "sylvanas!"
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-08-09 at 03:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Sylvanas is likely the key player in the coming war against the Void, which fears her.
    God I hope they won't pull that out of their hat.
    We just had Illidan vs the Legion. Now we get Sylvanas vs the Void?

Also, if they pull Garrosh 2.0, that would be lame as well.

Wasn't it Bwonsamdi who told him he should appoint Sylvanas?
    We will see a lot of Bwonsamdi in BfA... so we will most likely find out why.

I'm of the opinion that Sylvanas had learned to manipulate spirits at this point. She's clearly versed in controlling the dead - what kinda leap is there from Skeleton to Loa, we have no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    To be fair, had Jaina not showed up, her plan to cut the head off the Alliance in the throne room would have worked.
    If Jaina had not shown up, the Alliance wouldn't even been in the throne room. They were forced to retreat until she showed up with her airship.

Deleted
    Blah blah blah sylvanas does not abide by todays moral standards blah blah blah evil.
    Everyone ignoring the part where she tells saurfang that she does not give a shit about his honor because while "he would send his troops to die an honorable death to her this Horde is worth saving".
    She might not be doing it your way but guess what.
    Inb4 she killed her own troops in the battle for lordaeron. She gave everyone plenty of time to evacuate before using the blight. The ones that remained were mainly orc that wanted to keep fighting honorably and a few tauren.

(at 55sec mark) He claims that the spirit has granted him vision and that many will not understand, but that she must step out of the shadows and lead.
    So, was he delusional or possessed? Or maybe something third? An untold story that has yet to be revealed why Sylvanas was chosen by him?
    A theory: Can Sylvanas as the Banshee Queen manipulate spirits? If so, she could have a hand in Vol’jins choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Sylvanas would have preferred to stay in the shadows as opposed to be the Warchief (this is confirmed, 100% Sylvanas didn't want to be Warchief.) This means either the Loa wanted her to be warchief for some reason or that something pretending to be a Loa did. Why that is, we don't yet know.

It could be as bad as Sylvanas is currently, she would have been worse if left to her own devices.
    How do we know that Sylvanas didn’t want to be Warchief? Her saying so could be a cover up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    A theory: Can Sylvanas as the Banshee Queen manipulate spirits? If so, she could have a hand in Vol’jins choice.

- - - Updated - - -

How do we know that Sylvanas didn’t want to be Warchief? Her saying so could be a cover up.
    Spirits yes
    Loa are an entirely different thing
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Vision was corrupted by an Old God. Probably.

I wish there was an explanation, but at this point it’s almost like Gendalf saying that Gollum had a role to play in the atory ahead. Writers can come up with any future story that could justify Vol’jin appointing Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Spirits yes
    Loa are an entirely different thing
    But lets say Sylvanas can manipulate some spirits. Could these spirits then potentially trick Vol’jin in a wounded state to think they resprent the Loa?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Because she said it to herself and not out loud.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by drukai View Post
    I'm of the opinion that Sylvanas had learned to manipulate spirits at this point. She's clearly versed in controlling the dead - what kinda leap is there from Skeleton to Loa, we have no idea.
    It's nothing comparable, at all. The Loa are Wild Gods, spirits of nature. Usually, they aren't connected to the realm of Death and even when they are, they are the ones controlling or manipulating those spirits at most, as Bwonsamdi shows.

But lets say Sylvanas can manipulate some spirits. Could these spirits then potentially trick Vol’jin in a wounded state to think they resprent the Loa?
    She can't manipulate the Loa, nor there is a way in hell that she can somehow convince the top Shadow Hunter around that those who showed him visions and shit aren't Loa. Vol'jin was hurt and agonizing, he wasn't mad or out of his mind.

Besides, this theory has absolutely zero merits at all, since it's Sylvanas cursing "Vol'jin and his Loa" for a position of power she never wanted and she does so in her own thoughts, which means it's 100% the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Because she said it to herself and not out loud.
    When did she do that? I’m asking because I’m curious and interested in seeing it. Nothing spiteful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's nothing comparable, at all. The Loa are Wild Gods, spirits of nature. Usually, they aren't connected to the realm of Death and even when they are, they are the ones controlling or manipulating those spirits at most, as Bwonsamdi shows.

She can't manipulate the Loa, nor there is a way in hell that she can somehow convince the top Shadow Hunter around that those who showed him visions and shit aren't Loa. Vol'jin was hurt and agonizing, he wasn't mad or out of his mind.

Besides, this theory has absolutely zero merits at all, since it's Sylvanas cursing "Vol'jin and his Loa" for a position of power she never wanted and she does so in her own thoughts, which means it's 100% the truth.
    This theory was based on Vol’jin being delusional because of infection in his injured state. Maybe it could be possible to trick him with a “false Loa” in that state.