Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    when you are doing the Battle for Lordaeron thing, boom, you are in a group instanly, that is how it should be for every content, if people want to do the same thing group them up automatically. I have spent evenings browsing group finder for 5-6 hour to do some group content, and for that time, i could not ever play properly, just browse and refresh manually. Those were some wasted nights... you should just "sign up" what you would like to do and the game should do the matchmaking automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Stop splitting hairs here. If something goes to a worse state, then it's getting worse or suffering. If you have to resort to semantics, then you don't have a argument to make. You lose.
    You're making yourself look like a fool by saying that just because you're a paying customer, Blizzard can't do any changes that make the game "less fun" for you.
    I'm a paying customer too and I welcome this change. Even more after reading all the commets in this thread.

Deleted
    Stop splitting hairs here. If something goes to a worse state, then it's getting worse or suffering. If you have to resort to semantics, then you don't have a argument to make. You lose.
    Worse state is highly subjective. I find this change good for the game

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    when you are doing the Battle for Lordaeron thing, boom, you are in a group instanly, that is how it should be for every content, if people want to do the same thing group them up automatically. I have spent evenings browsing group finder for 5-6 hour to do some group content, and for that time, i could not ever play properly, just browse and refresh manually. Those were some wasted nights... you should just "sign up" what you would like to do and the game should do the matchmaking automatically.
    This is the kind of service we would expect from such a big company.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    You're making yourself look like a fool by saying that just because you're a paying customer, Blizzard can't do any changes that make the game "less fun" for you.
    I'm a paying customer too and I welcome this change. Even more after reading all the commets in this thread.
    She said an entirely reasonable thing. Here it is, again:

"I am a paying customer who had not used any quest addons, but now, my gaming experience is crippled because they went overboard on their game, just as they always do. Go figure."

This is completely reasonable. Like, 100%.

Deleted
    To any blizzard stalker reading this thread - you will regret this!
    With everything what is happening hope Bfa will be wod quality failure for you.

Deleted
    A handful ruined it for everyone by abusing addons to collect quest credit without participating. Like always.

Deleted
    Does Premade Group Filter still work ? It does not automatically find groups but allow you to sort them by difficulty, x players of y role in the group, etc. I use that a lot and that would be a real pain if they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Why they just don't make WQ grouping seamless like in GW2? You can enable or disable in options, voilà!
    I would very much appreciate that. The leechers wouldn't, though, because GW2 also tracks contribution.

Or just limit the change to single player quests.
    This is basically how it is. For group/elite quests, the base UI still shows the looking for group eye icon next to the quest in the tracker and you can search or create through that with very few clicks. And addons can do that too, but its limited to quests flagged to be enabled for this.

In fact they actually made this part smarter in this hotfix, because it'll now search by quest id, removing localization from the problem.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2018-08-09 at 08:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    So, what kind of content do you play? I have been running WQs on multiple characters for the whole expansion, finishing up to 12 emissaries on some days if they have been relevant for me (like, farming Paragon chests for mounts). I have never used addons for that, because the system they had in place was good. It had faults, like not being able to create a raid group for Broken Shore world bosses, but beside that, there was nothing to change.

It's wrong that the group of people who have been playing AS INTENDED cannot do this anymore, because of some people who abuse the system. And I would rather ignore the abusers, than have my gaming experience being crippled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I would very much appreciate that. The leechers wouldn't, though, because GW2 also tracks contribution.
    Hitting 2 birds with 1 stone. Win-win solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwaite View Post
    Does Premade Group Filter still work ? It does not automatically find groups but allow you to sort them by difficulty, x players of y role in the group, etc. I use that a lot and that would be a real pain if they removed it.
    I don't know how that particular addon works exactly, but just filtering/sorting results you get from any search would still be possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    This is basically how it is. For group/elite quests, the base UI still shows the looking for group eye icon next to the quest in the tracker and you can search or create through that with very few clicks. And addons can do that too, but its limited to quests flagged to be enabled for this.
    Still, the forced manual accept change is annoying. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuya View Post
    How is this going to stop people from leeching. This just gives them an extra step, THAT'S IT.
    Extra step is effort. Leeching is about avoiding effort.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    It’s hilarious how lazy people are and effected by this. It was a handy add on to have, but it takes no time at all to open thr group finder and find a group.
    Wanting to be efficient is lazy now? Comeon. World quests are nothing but a chore. You have to do them (at least to a certain extent) and your ability to do anything else in the game is severely impaired while doing so.

Maybe, just maybe, if it was possible to complete (world) quests while in a raid group, all of this would be much less of an issue. Imagine being able to join a forming pug raid, while doing world quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Extra step is effort. Leeching is about avoiding effort.
    This. And that is definitely the point of this whole thing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Wanting to be efficient is lazy now? Comeon. World quests are nothing but a chore. You have to do them (at least to a certain extent) and your ability to do anything else in the game is severely impaired while doing so.

Maybe, just maybe, if it was possible to complete (world) quests while in a raid group, all of this would be much less of an issue. Imagine being able to join a forming pug raid, while doing world quests.
    Imagine just getting everything in the game without any effort. How fun that could be

So, what kind of content do you play? I have been running WQs on multiple characters for the whole expansion, finishing up to 12 emissaries on some days if they have been relevant for me (like, farming Paragon chests for mounts). I have never used addons for that, because the system they had in place was good. It had faults, like not being able to create a raid group for Broken Shore world bosses, but beside that, there was nothing to change.

It's wrong that the group of people who have been playing AS INTENDED cannot do this anymore, because of some people who abuse the system. And I would rather ignore the abusers, than have my gaming experience being crippled.
    It caused alot of stress on their servers with tons of people auto-joining through those addons. I'd rather have good, stable servers than to be able to just click a group in LFG and then auto-join, just for the sake of me being lazy and needing everything to be automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This. And that is definitely the point of this whole thing
    I wonder when you will realize that in 9 out of 10 posts that you make, which nobody replies to, you turn out to be wrong. Let's wait for the blue and have a laugh where it will say exactly nothing about leeching.

While I don't agree with the change it's really not that big of a deal.

Just type the first few letters of the quest and there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    Why they just don't make WQ grouping seamless like in GW2? You can enable or disable in options, voilà!
    Side note here since I see this being quoted a lot: This will never happen.

There's an underlying reason for this change which seems so plainly obvious to me that it's apparently being completely missed by others. The functionality of this add on was disabled not because of fringe abuse (although that's likely how it'll be frame if they ever do give an official response), it's been disabled because efficiency is the bane of the current dev team's existence. These days, every design decision in WoW is predicated by the amount of time investment they can garner from the player. If they can increase the daily, weekly and monthly play time of each individual player by ~10 minutes, they're effectively netting hundreds and millions of hours of time logged into the game.

Coupled with MAUs, this is the only metric Blizzard currently measures the success of the game. This change was inevitable and I'm honestly surprised it didn't come sooner.