Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I legitimately do not understand why people need to use group finder for WQs...

If I got specific quests to do, they are over in a few minutes, solo. What the hell is so important about doing them as a group? Are you that lazy you can't even do the whole of a quest on your own?

I've NEVER used it, the whole of this expansion, for anything related to WQs. The only time I used it was for the World Bosses on occasion, getting my Field Medic title before 8.0 went live, and... I think that was it.

If you find world quests so damn tedious: DO NOT DO THEM. If the rewards are meaningful, do the work. Deal with it. Nobody is MAKING you do the world quests, except for you. You just don't like the idea of doing all the work, and want others to make it faster.

I‘m actually really sad about this change. The game is bugged as sh*t at the moment and they keep making it so it’s even more inconvenient to play... Building groups for world quests is going to take so much time. I hate this -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I agree with most of your points, but legacy loot states that you must be "10 levels or more above the content". Right now, we are 10 levels above WoD content, and in BfA we will be 10 levels above Legion content. So if legacy loot is not active in WoD content right now, it definitely unintended.
    Unfortunately, thats not true since 8.0 released, legacy loot starts at “11 levels or more above the content” so personal loot in wod content is intended right now

I didn’t really give a shit last they changed the groupfinder and I don’t now but I do think it is an odd thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

If I got specific quests to do, they are over in a few minutes, solo. What the hell is so important about doing them as a group? Are you that lazy you can't even do the whole of a quest on your own?

I've NEVER used it, the whole of this expansion, for anything related to WQs. The only time I used it was for the World Bosses on occasion, getting my Field Medic title before 8.0 went live, and... I think that was it.

If you find world quests so damn tedious: DO NOT DO THEM. If the rewards are meaningful, do the work. Deal with it. Nobody is MAKING you do the world quests, except for you. You just don't like the idea of doing all the work, and want others to make it faster.
    If you play multiple chars and work 8 hours a day it makes a GIGANTIC difference if you take 20 minutes for 20 world quests or 2 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Lol wut? Why would they disable auto join feature? What the ... Blizzard?
    Now you cant join your own extended raid IDs anymore without inviting someone else to invite your farming char.

wtf

Dunno why they did this but tbh not the end of the world.

I mean silly to not let people find groups easier but having to search manually isn't that daunting. Literally just type the first few letters of the quest and voila.

Deleted
    Says the casual player who plays 2 months and freeze his account... STFU. When you have to do 10k+ WQs on more than one character just to be viable in the end game (which is not LFR, kido) you will understand how this manual name typing sh*t is cancer as f*ck. I could write a book with that much typing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    legacy loot states that you must be "10 levels or more above the content". Right now, we are 10 levels above WoD content, and in BfA we will be 10 levels above Legion content. So if legacy loot is not active in WoD content right now, it definitely unintended.
    That was changed to 11 levels so you have to be 2 expansions over the one you're running.

Lol at all the lazy AFKers crying about the group finder change. Please stay far, far away from Classic when it relaunches so that we don't have to put up with more crying.

More retarded changes from retarded developers. I'm not even surprised. They have been attacking third party addons functionality on regular basis lately.
    They are effectively ruining theirs own game. Changes like this clearly show how disconnected those devs from community.

Looks like vote with wallet is the only way to stop this.

Deleted
    Legion was probably the best expansion for making it easy to group up with others and Group finder add-ons were a big part of that.

Seems like they are throwing the baby put with the bath water here, just making it much harder to make groups on the fly? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSTARFIGHTER View Post
    That was changed to 11 levels so you have to be 2 expansions over the one you're running.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZabKill View Post
    Unfortunately, thats not true since 8.0 released, legacy loot starts at “11 levels or more above the content” so personal loot in wod content is intended right now
    Aww shit, really? Well, that's fucking dumb. But thanks for clarifying.

Deleted
    They rly dont want me to play with other players....
    Guess blizzard is pushing for solo play, now make dungeons and raids also solo then.

This MMO is turning into a single player game ...and fast. Only thing you get from disabling group finder options, is people not bothering with the content and leaving the game. If you deep down want to drop this game, so you dont' have to come up with more stuff for us to do, I think there would be better ways to end the game. This way you get us gone, and without us saying anything nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Honestly, the biggest issue I have with manually putting in the name for your group is one borne from the fact that I'm playing on EU servers. We have a bunch of different languages, so quest names and sometimes even mob names differ greatly, thus increasing the likelyhood of simply not finding as many (or any) groups for your planned acitivity. People who create groups put in typos or abbreviations and suddenly you cannot find them anymore. It reduces the potential group size drastically. Not cool.
    Therefore having it in the default ui which can translate npc and quest ids to local names, would be great.

Huge change without any communication beforehand. I hope the shitstrom will hit them hard and long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    I highlighted the key word for you. Quick =/= Time Spent to report to investors. You have to think on the macro scale here, adding 3 minutes to creating a world group may sound small, but over the course of repeating the same shitty world quests 2,000 times for 2 years that adds up quite a bit.
    Which is also the reason for the long no-flying period. More travel time = less time to actually do things = more time spent in the game.

It's faster than doing it solo. And since probably no player really likes to do WQs, why not optimize it and spend as little time as possible doing it?

No, I certainly won't 'deal with it'. I like raiding and doing mythic keystones. Everything else is just busywork to me. Obviously, since I want to be as good as possible, I'm in a tricky situation. I don't like to do WQs, or LFR, or the daily heroic dungeon, but I also don't like to slack and feel like I could've done more to improve. So I'm doing all those things that are meaningless and tedious, but I sure as hell will try EVERYTHING possible to spend as little time as possible on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mojojojo101 View Post
    Legion was probably the best expansion for making it easy to group up with others and Group finder add-ons were a big part of that.

Seems like they are throwing the baby put with the bath water here, just making it much harder to make groups on the fly? Why?
    You did not even need addons, because even with the standard quest UI it was quite comfortable. But they also have ruined group making for people who did not abuse addons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dismis View Post
    This MMO is turning into a single player game ...and fast. Only thing you get from disabling group finder options, is people not bothering with the content and leaving the game.
    Considering that WOW had it's biggest community before the LFG tool was even created I doubt disabling the group finder will make things worse.

If anything it might turn the game back into a MMO again