Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Seems the only thing this garbage dev team can design anymore is methods to add inconvenience to everything
    It's simple: If it's fun, nerf it. And why use a scalpel when you can use the axe. Disabling features to abuse it is ok, but instead they destroy all functionality that allows people to improve the crappy Raidfinder-system instead of only the features that allows it to abuse it. And why is it not possible to simply seperate groups created by addons from manually created ones?

But hey, they are the same people that created BfA, so don't have high expectations to create something meaningful or practical.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2018-08-09 at 09:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Lol at all the lazy AFKers crying about the group finder change. Please stay far, far away from Classic when it relaunches so that we don't have to put up with more crying.
    Why don't you just wait for classic and don't ruin the game for everybody else who had been fine with the changes so far?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    I legitimately do not understand why people need to use group finder for WQs...

If I got specific quests to do, they are over in a few minutes, solo. What the hell is so important about doing them as a group? Are you that lazy you can't even do the whole of a quest on your own?

I've NEVER used it, the whole of this expansion, for anything related to WQs. The only time I used it was for the World Bosses on occasion, getting my Field Medic title before 8.0 went live, and... I think that was it.

If you find world quests so damn tedious: DO NOT DO THEM. If the rewards are meaningful, do the work. Deal with it. Nobody is MAKING you do the world quests, except for you. You just don't like the idea of doing all the work, and want others to make it faster.
    One reason is that some use items disappear if tagged / used by a person not in your group. So, while we have solved the problem of stealing mobs from other players by shared mob tagging, for other quests, you still have a competition instead of a cooperative gameplay.

Also, why is it suddenly so bad that people group up for single player quests? People have been doing that for ages.

The LFG changes were a steaming pile of glittered shit before hand, now they’ve removed the glitter so it’s just a steaming pile of shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Honestly, the biggest issue I have with manually putting in the name for your group is one borne from the fact that I'm playing on EU servers. We have a bunch of different languages, so quest names and sometimes even mob names differ greatly, thus increasing the likelyhood of simply not finding as many (or any) groups for your planned acitivity. People who create groups put in typos or abbreviations and suddenly you cannot find them anymore. It reduces the potential group size drastically. Not cool.
    Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They rly dont want me to play with other players....
    Guess blizzard is pushing for solo play, now make dungeons and raids also solo then.
    Group Finder delivering extra NPC's for your questing was the real solo play. Technically, they may have been player-operated, but functionally, did you ever meaningfully interact with them in the seconds it took to zerg the quest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Group Finder delivering extra NPC's for your questing was the real solo play. Technically, they may have been player-operated, but functionally, did you ever meaningfully interact with them in the seconds it took to zerg the quest?
    Interaction with other people begins when you recognise that they are there. You cannot "not interact" when others are present. Communication is not needed for interaction, not at all. You need communication if you have to discuss tactical things, or any other assignments (like "split up so we get things done faster"). You cannot have any kind of "meaningful interaction" if the content does not require anything like that to be completed. You don't even have to communicate in a dungeon if all people know their tactics and how to play their character in the respective role. You are looking for a solution for "meaningful interaction" in the wrong place.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Interaction with other people begins when you recognise that they are there. You cannot "not interact" when others are present. Communication is not needed for interaction, not at all. You need communication if you have to discuss tactical things, or any other assignments (like "split up so we get things done faster"). You cannot have any kind of "meaningful interaction" if the content does not require anything like that to be completed. You don't even have to communicate in a dungeon if all people know their tactics and how to play their character in the respective role. You are looking for a solution for "meaningful interaction" in the wrong place.
    You could have just answered "No".

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Why don't you just wait for classic and don't ruin the game for everybody else who had been fine with the changes so far?
    Yeah because I'm the one who asked for this change and implemented it myself. If these group finder changes have "ruined the game" for you then you might want to have a good think about why you're even playing this game, and perhaps go play something else.

The way you're acting is as if the lazy group finder is the most important thing in the game and the only feature it has.

The absolute state of you people

Deleted
    So basically you are mad because you can't join any group now and do nothing while others do the job for you. Got it. Well, cry more.

LOVE the Demonology buffs. Oh wait, they only care about destro and affliction as always. Silly me!

That graph means bugger-all without any numbers attached to it, but knowing the unoriginal sheep and meme whores that WoW players are, I'm sure it's a substantial amount.

15+ Year Old Account
    R.I.P World Quests

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather sad, people are (rightfully) expecting the World Quests to be the major part of BfA gameplay, but on the other hand they want to be done with it in the fastest way possible. That combination speaks a lot about the perceived quality of the expected content.

Deleted
    I have to shake my head at all this, people so angry about the group finder change, while it's still a horrible convenient tool, even if you have type out what the group is doing (omg, typing, the horror) and manually accept people wanting to be part of your group (oh no, you might have to click a button and actually decide if you need a healer more then a dps, such an arduous task, the stress, the responsibility, how dare Blizzard)

In the mean time I'm here sitting remembering 18 years back in the days of EverQuest, WoW's illustrious predecessor, a game where soloing was reserved for only a few classes because of their mechanics and abilities, and even then they could only use those mechanics in certain zones, for the rest of us it was forced grouping all the way through, these days it's different but in 2000, you had to have a guild, you had to be willing to group all the way through, and there was no such thing as a group finder.
    And if you're wondering lower level mobs that you could solo didn't give any worthwhile exp, the mobs that did give good exp, well there was the /con(sider) command, the ones that did give exp usually resulted in "it appears to be quite formidable", "looks like quite a gamble", "looks like it would wipe the floor with you!", note that the blue color were mobs 1-5 levels below your own, white color were mobs equal level to you, and yellow were 1-3 levels above your own, and all (even the blue con) still required a group to kill.
    For actual group finding we had the chat box, the main general chat channel, and praying that there was room and all the good spots weren't taken and you went "level 20 warrior lfg", or "lvl 35 wizard lfg", etc. and you waited and 10 to 15 minutes later you repeated that if you didn't get an invite yet, spamming it was frowned upon and usually resulted in no one inviting you. (things like phasing, shards, and cross sever grouping of course didn't exist yet either)
    If you were lucky you played a healer or a tank class and when the original one logged off, the group went looking for one instead you looking for a group.

My personal horror story of this was when comes from my main in EQ, my Ranger, in a zone called The Dreadlands, which at that time was the leveling spot for my level range, Rangers weren't the most desirable class, back then Rangers didn't use bows in EQ to fight (these days they do), they did high dmg dual wield melee damage, and had a few high aggro abilities, which could pull a mob straight of a tank, only way to stop that was to stop fighting and let the tank take the aggro back(no feign death like hunters in WoW), a ranger's mail armor was made of tissue paper, "Ranger down" was a common phrase and joke, because a strong mob could kill you in a few hits if you pulled too much aggro, oh and no threat meters to show you when you did that, only way to know when you pulled aggro was when a mob started beating on you instead of the tank.

So the actual horror story, sitting in a safe spot in The Dreadlands (outside of the spawns and pat routes because nothing could be soloed there) going "Lvl 51 ranger LFG" every 10 to 15 minutes, for three hours straight, without a result, and that happened several times over a two week period.

The group finder is still horribly convenient in my eyes, and a lot of you are making this sound like Blizzard have done this horrible thing to you and kicked your puppy in the process as well.
    So ya...this old MMO veteran has absolutely no sympathy for all the people whining about the group finder change here, heaven forbid that you actually have to do some work to make a group, let alone maybe talk an interact with your group members.
    Last edited by mmoccdfb04c462; 2018-08-09 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    It's rather sad, people are (rightfully) expecting the World Quests to be the major part of BfA gameplay, but on the other hand they want to be done with it in the fastest way possible. That combination speaks a lot about the perceived quality of the expected content.
    well that much should be honest. I hoped they wouldnt come back and would be legions "thing" but its too easy of a way to fake content and pump those "concurrent" player numbers for the bank.

But yea, this is just gonna make sure that many less people are doing them. rip. nobody ever said you had to be smart to be rich.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reathyr View Post
    I have to shake my head at all this, people so angry about the group finder change, while it's still a horrible convenient tool, even if you have type out what the group is doing (omg, typing, the horror) and manually accept people wanting to be part of your group (oh no, you might have to click a button and actually decide if you need a healer more then a dps, such an arduous task, the stress, the responsibility, how dare Blizzard)

In the mean time I'm here sitting remembering 18 years back in the days of EverQuest, WoW's illustrious predecessor, a game where soloing was reserved for only a few classes because of their mechanics and abilities, and even then they could only use those mechanics in certain zones, for the rest of us it was forced grouping all the way through, these days it's different but in 2000, you had to have a guild, you had to be willing to group all the way through, and there was no such thing as a group finder.
    And if you're wondering lower level mobs that you could solo didn't give any worthwhile exp, the mobs that did give good exp, well there was the /con(sider) command, the ones that did give exp usually resulted in "it appears to be quite formidable", "looks like quite a gamble", "looks like it would wipe the floor with you!", note that the blue color were mobs 1-5 levels below your own, white color were mobs equal level to you, and yellow were 1-3 levels above your own, and all (even the blue con) still required a group to kill.
    For actual group finding we had the chat box, the main general chat channel, and praying that there was room and all the good spots weren't taken and you went "level 20 warrior lfg", or "lvl 35 wizard lfg", etc. and you waited and 10 to 15 minutes later you repeated that if you didn't get an invite yet, spamming it was frowned upon and usually resulted in no one inviting you. (things like phasing, shards, and cross sever grouping of course didn't exist yet either)
    If you were lucky you played a healer or a tank class and when the original one logged off, the group went looking for one instead you looking for a group.

My personal horror story of this was when comes from my main in EQ, my Ranger, in a zone called The Dreadlands, which at that time was the leveling spot for my level range, Rangers weren't the most desirable class, back then Rangers didn't use bows in EQ to fight (these days they do), they did high dmg dual wield melee damage, and had a few high aggro abilities, which could pull a mob straight of a tank, only way to stop that was to stop fighting and let the tank take the aggro back(no feign death like hunters in WoW), a ranger's mail armor was made of tissue paper, "Ranger down" was a common phrase and joke, because a strong mob could kill you in a few hits if you pulled too much aggro, oh and no threat meters to show you when you did that, only way to know when you pulled aggro was when a mob started beating on you instead of the tank.

So the actual horror story, sitting in a safe spot in The Dreadlands (outside of the spawns and pat routes because nothing could be soloed there) going "Lvl 51 ranger LFG" every 10 to 15 minutes, for three hours straight, without a result, and that happened several times over a two week period.

The group finder is still horribly convenient in my eyes, and a lot of you are making this sound like Blizzard have done this horrible thing to you and kicked your puppy in the process as well.
    So ya...this old MMO veteran has absolutely no sympathy for all the people whining about the group finder change here, heaven forbid that you actually have to do some work to make a group, let alone maybe talk an interact with your group members.
    Great story, grandpa, now let me welcome you into the 21st century, where companies rely on korean-style grinding gameplay, and players are frantically looking for new ways to make the grind shorter. Because long gone are the days when games used to have engaging and meaningful gameplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    Great story, grandpa, now let me welcome you into the 21st century, where companies rely on korean-style grinding gameplay, and players are frantically looking for new ways to make the grind shorter. Because long gone are the days when games used to have engaging and meaningful gameplay.
    I didn't know 37 was grandpa age, but I brought that onto myself with the "old MMO veteran" bit

And gameplay can be as engaging as you make it yourself.
    One could for instance instead of hitting a button at each world quest for a quick 1 to 2 minute group like it was, and now can't be done anymore, go into the group finder and say, make a group for doing all the world quest in a particular zone "Doing all WQ in Nazmir, starting when group is full", or just group up with a bunch of your guildies for it, it's not like the old Tank/Healer/DPS combo is required for WOs
    Last edited by mmoccdfb04c462; 2018-08-09 at 10:53 AM.

Well let's just make all games like they were 20 years ago. How but no saving at all? Man was that inconvenient. Spoiled kids nowadays!

What a worthless rant.

Bringing all 3 roles makes it faster though, pull them all, tank them, bomb them into the nirvana

I like the monk change a lot, the rotation was too focussed on blackout kick.

Deleted
    I didn't know 37 was grandpa age, but I brought that onto myself with the "old MMO veteran" bit
    OK, Mr. Veteran grandpa player I hope you will learn typing on keyboard because you need to write a lot to make those WQ groups.

I will just ignore WQs from now on I didn't bought this game to type 50-60 long and complicated WQ titels every day.