Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Welp, I was having fun but you just evoked the Tumblr card. I'm calling Godwin's Law. This argument is over.

Pack it up, boys! Nothing more to see here.
    You don't even understand what Godwin's Law is and used it in the completely wrong context, nice pseudo-intelligence. (And what does Tumblr have to do with anything? please try to stay on track.)

Done replying to you as you contradict yourself in every post. 10 year veteran btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Fanboy View Post
    You don't even understand what Godwin's Law is and used it in the completely wrong context, nice pseudo-intelligence. (And what does Tumblr have to do with anything? please try to stay on track.)

Done replying to you as you contradict yourself in every post. 10 year veteran btw.
    Oof. Right in the feels. I thought we were bros!

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memefarce View Post
    If you can't relate to the following, just remember; even the "2%" consumers in this world do their part in cycling an economy
    Blizzard very clearly realizes this MMO has been thriving since 2007 and is, in it's own, an economy. Like any business, forefront, or behind the scenes decisions based on profit and sustainability must be made.... That being said; the first and most obvious failure for me was gladiator arenas. Blizzard previously announced a tourney realm style, scheduled, moderated, live arena match, where players would enter with their own live characters, using IDENTICAL available gear. If I remember right, this was going to be up at certain times each day, and actively monitored, with a player ladder. WHY did this fall through? I think this was around when resilience was removed, and all PVP/PVE gear equalized when in a PVP instance... But all that did was require PVPers to commit even more time to wow with trying to keep up with PVE content. You were going to give us a bone, and then took it away.

I tried to come back to play WoW just recently... I love the game. I thought it was going to somehow be better than the last 4 times I've tried to come back... But the same reasons for why I left have been amplified sadly and looks almost the same for BFA. Legendary random farm(Required items with a ludicrous amount of time required to get the right combos). Artifact weapon farm; amazing idea, infinite farm time sink, just to be removed. Questing: this is ridiculous, it's worst than questing required in MoP... There are those of us who simply hate quests. We should be able to enjoy the game with doing a MINIMAL amount of questing required for storylines and such, and no more. It's almost like Blizzard is desperately forcing everyone to be involved and playing for longer to get anything done. Remember when WoW was at 10million+ subs in the glory days mid burning crusade through WoTLK? That's because people loved the game, and everything was being done right to improve it... But only so many improvements can be made before they are perceived as change, instead of upgrade, and change is usually not welcomed, even if it is for the better.

Blizzard needs to give hardcore casuals a way to enjoy this game again.. If not in PVE, at least for PVP. I used to be super competitive. Now, being competitive is synonymous with the amount of time spent. Look at overwatch, LoL, any FPS. When CoD black ops drops, you will lose all of your hardcore casuals temporarily, if not permanently... Simply because they can log on, and have rewarding skill based game-play instantly, and log off when they want to. To be honest, the most fun I've had since coming back is tuning my PVE gear on alts and mains with third party apps/sites, and that is truly sad.
    This is a large part of what happens to a game when you go from monthly subscribers to MAU (Monthly Active Users) when defining your player base. They no longer care about if you have a month long sub and only measure player engagement by how often/many people access the game each month. Honestly for the last 2-3 years I have just been waiting for WoW to offering a charge by the hour form of payment in order to milk the more sporadic players for all they are worth since paying for a monthly sub is getting less and less worth it as each day goes by, I can only surmise that once monthly subs and/or token sales fall below a set threshold they will switch to such/similar payment scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Since we're buddies now, I'd like to remind you that referring to people who you deem unworthy of playing the game as "casuals" is a pretty elitist and narrow-minded viewpoint. I'll take you out to lunch later and we can talk it out. Maybe you can show me on the doll where the casual touched you.
    darnit I nearly choked on my coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    This is a large part of what happens to a game when you go from monthly subscribers to MAU (Monthly Active Users) when defining your player base. They no longer care about if you have a month long sub and only measure player engagement by how often/many people access the game each month. Honestly for the last 2-3 years I have just been waiting for WoW to offering a charge by the hour form of payment in order to milk the more sporadic players for all they are worth since paying for a monthly sub is getting less and less worth it as each day goes by, I can only surmise that once monthly subs and/or token sales fall below a set threshold they will switch to such/similar payment scheme.
    thing is, monthly sub is still a critical metric as much of wow revenue is tied to it (either directly or via token redemption). They just moved to a metric company-wide that we assume has a relationship to product revenue, though they don't spell it out as far as i can tell - and it is a metric they can report improvements in.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I don't like that they remove group finding addons but let's be real, there's a higher chance people communicate with each other creating a group for a quest than letting an addon auto-invite and auto-leave a group.
    love it how he is bitching that wow is a group game, yet doubt that he ever spoke one word with people whom he did quests with, he just joined a party, afked till they completed the quest for him (maybe killed 1 mob), and left the group without a word, just so he can find a new one for his next WQ,

that kind of gameplay has nothing to do with multiplaying or group play, its just lazyness
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-08-09 at 01:21 PM.

Hardcore casuals?????????????????????????????????? Dont believe these two words can go together.
    Casual: i do lfr plus hc dungeons, proff, some wow secrets and i play 2 hours per day
    Hardcore casual : what a casual do plus 1 more hour per day
    LoL and again LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the title of this thread is absolutely nothing to do with the content of the posts, but still, have to say WotLK Questing/Levelling style was awful.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you need to move on and play Fortnite or something then. Seriously...MMO's just might not be for you man.

So you talk about hating quests, but then want to bring back WotLK's quest style, which involved absurd amounts of daily quests, where you'd do the exact same ones in the exact same zone every single day.

What is it about WotLK's questing that you found so charming? It would have been infinitely better with the questing system we have now, allowing me to enjoy world quests in Grizzly Hills instead of spending all my time in dreary old Icecrown.

"It's almost like Blizzard is desperately forcing everyone to be involved and playing for longer to get anything done."

AKA: "Oh no, Blizzard is making content that takes a lot of time to complete so that people aren't bored for 9/10 of the expansion like in WOD!"

The fact that it took me until yesterday to finish all my goals for the Legion expansion is the biggest accomplishment Blizzard has ever done.

I agree with the sentiment of what some are saying that your request of "I want skill-based gameplay with no progression system that I can log into whenever" you don't want an MMORPG. But the closest thing you'll find for that I'd say is PvP, which was recently made to scale so people of different gear levels don't just stomp you instantly.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-08-09 at 05:57 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    darnit I nearly choked on my coffee.

- - - Updated - - -

thing is, monthly sub is still a critical metric as much of wow revenue is tied to it (either directly or via token redemption). They just moved to a metric company-wide that we assume has a relationship to product revenue, though they don't spell it out as far as i can tell - and it is a metric they can report improvements in.
    I would be wiling to agree with your point if not for the fact that they have totally removed monthly subs as a metric for the quarterly earnings reports they present to stockholders years ago. It may possibly be an internal metric they use for the WoW team, but company-wide they have not bothered using it as a metric for WoW when it became painfully obvious using it was doing nothing but showing the slow and steady decline of WoW's sub base. Hence my pointing out how I will not be surprised if/when they go the asian route of monetizing WoW on a per hour or even per day basis once revenue from monthly subs/tokens gets too low. I will spare the thread from my own more personal and cynical views as to why sub numbers are no longer included in stockholder quarterly earnings reports.
    Last edited by Antipathy1018; 2018-08-10 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Spelling error.