Poll: When will we get Dark Ranger class?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    Yep, they would have to have vastly different mechanics then a normal hunter. But I do think that if we are getting a new class it will be mail armor based as the other types are overcrowded already, and Dark Ranger fits into this.
    There are 4 leather classes, there's no reason there can't be 4 cloth ones, or 4 plate ones. And there are far better mail choices around, like Tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, they would have to have vastly different mechanics then a normal hunter. But I do think that if we are getting a new class it will be mail armor based as the other types are overcrowded already, and Dark Ranger fits into this.
    There are 4 leather classes, there's no reason there can't be 4 cloth ones, or 4 plate ones. And there are far better mail choices around, like Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    Yes I understand that but factor in Nathanos' comment, his sudden importance, Sylvanas moving to forefront, and Alleria showing up too, I'm not saying I am requesting the Dark Ranger class, I'm just saying it would not surprise me. Especially if were possible gearing up for a Lich King 2.0 scenario, or even just void. Undead are resistant to old god/void whispers.
    Still does not mean nothing. They're just hunters, that's it. We also have Night Elf Sentinels who had an even more important role in the pre patch... but still, those are also just hunters.

7+ Year Old Account
    The last thing Wow needs is more classes. It's hell for them to keep what we have at a decent level, no need to add more. At most maybe redo some specs, give classes more flavour.
    Scarlet Briar: Let's play "Giant club vs. Overripe Fruit." I'll be the club.

Scarlet Briar: Careful now. Death by cannonball would be funny, but killing you myself is actual fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never hopefully

I think it would work better as a spec or having a few 'dark ranger' talents. I don't know that it's different enough from hunter to flesh out an entire class without feeling redundant. Also the lore issue of them specifically being undead elves. Void elves wouldn't make sense given they never had an allegiance to the Horde according to Umbric in BFA and we haven't seen a living dark ranger to my knowledge. Similarly, I don't think Sentinel would ever work as a class because I don't see non night elves becoming sentinels. Plus, would you really want the only alliance race that can be that class to be an allied race you have to grind previous expansion rep for? It's bad enough we have to unlock allied races at all when I don't know of any other MMO you have to do that with, but to have to unlock them to play a class on your faciton while the other can play it on a base class? That wouldn't go over well.

Demon hunters managed to work because elves are highly played and demon hunters have been highly requested since vanilla. I think adding a second elf exclusive class would be a mistake even if all four elf races could be it. Next class should be more accessible like DKs and monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I think Tinkers would be leather no? Maybe cloth? I just can't see them wearing mail.

Deleted
    And what if it were an 'Allied Race'? The undead thalassian elf. The alliance would get high elves. So horde would get the red eyed elves while alliance blue eyed. But again then again then there would be waaay more than enough elves in the game already.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    I think it is a given. Lots of hints, nathanos asking why we don't have any like said above. Also the other person nailed it, alleria leads void version for ally, and sylv/nathanos leads shadow version for horde. Also if sylvanas has a redemption arc and goes neutralish she could lead both sides like illidan with DHs or say how DKs were led by a bit of both faction.

Lots of hints dropped lately...
    This "lots of hints" thing is such an intellectually lazy way of opining how something you want to be true is just right around the corner. And I say 'intellectually lazy' because you can do it for almost anything.

Watch:

"Guys! Christine Golden mentions bards in the Temple of the Moon in Darnassus in the new short story, 'Elegy.' There's a bard in the rogue class hall in Legion. There's also a bard in one of the two new arenas in BFA, complete with instrument playing and music note animations. The engineering music box toy creates musical note animations above your head - this must be a work in progress for a new bard ability effect.

The next class is bards, confirmed. Just so many hints. So. Many. Hints."

I think Tinkers would be leather no? Maybe cloth? I just can't see them wearing mail.
    Tinkers wear mainly mail armor and some even use plate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morinas View Post
    And what if it were an 'Allied Race'? The undead thalassian elf. The alliance would get high elves. So horde would get the red eyed elves while alliance blue eyed. But again then again then there would be waaay more than enough elves in the game already.
    Yeah I guess if anything, adding undead high elves that can Play hunters would make a lot more sense than adding an entirely new class that is 1:1 the same as a hunter with the only difference that one does nature Damage and the other shadow or whatever.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    After tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Flc View Post
    This "lots of hints" thing is such an intellectually lazy way of opining how something you want to be true is just right around the corner. And I say 'intellectually lazy' because you can do it for almost anything.
    You misunderstood, I was not saying I want them I was saying their were hints about it. In my last post since then I said I was not requesting them, just saying it would not surprise me.

Personally I'd rather them start doing 4th specs in certain situations like this. Dark Rangers for hunters, Sentinels or Wardens for Rogues for instance. But then ppl would get all up in arms if their class did not get a 4th spec. But I mean it would be a cool way to add some extra flavor/customization where applicable.

The neverer the better

You think that the class based around using metal would be wearing cloth and leather, but that the reskin of hunter that is always depicted as wearing leather is a good fit for a new mail class?

Neither do hunters.
    You are missing the point. I was just suggesting that Hunters be the pet managing class, and dark rangers be the non-pet managing class. That would help really differentiate their play styles (so you don't have too much class homogenization), and allow Blizzard to create some good variation of both styles. Currently, they can't do that because there are only 3 specs for a Hunter.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like they did with the Allied races, they will probably create something alongside with a class specialization.

Making so, would create viable subclasses like Tinker, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Witch Doctor, Shadow Hunter and such...

Also I think most of those archtypes could be archived with race specific traits, think of paladins seal of blood and seal of vengeance or shaman bloodlust and heroism, which each faction had it's own unique spell with the same effect.

So a gnome, could have it's spells to something like 'Cog Trap' instead of a hunter trap, 'Laser Beam' instead of 'Arcane Missiles' or 'Arcane Shot'.

This wouldn't require additional effort to balance a 'new class's just the effort of making new effects (which they are already doing)
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-08-09 at 02:29 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Deleted
    probably never, we already have hunters so i can rather see other new classes coming if anything

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a Rogue Spec to me.

Every Fantasy universe has a Ranged spec for the Thief / Rogue / Scout class. Hunters had Survival turn into a Melee spec and Dark Ranger sounds like it would fit into the Sub / Shadow Rogue spec as a their Ranged spec.
    Last edited by Geofferson; 2018-08-09 at 02:24 PM.

You think that the class based around using metal would be wearing cloth and leather, but that the reskin of hunter that is always depicted as wearing leather is a good fit for a new mail class?
    Using metal is not equal to wearing it. So directly from wowpedia: The iconic gnome tinker is a mad inventor, wearing goggles on her head as well as over her eyes, with a bandolier of equipment slung over each shoulder; she is covered with oil and scorch marks, looking forward to the next invention. - Besides the obvious gnome generalisation, imagine all the equipment, plus a plate armor and then imagine building something in it. No effing way.
    Leather - mail difference is not that big on the other hand. You could say they wear some light chain mail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    How you gonna have a class that is forsaken only...
    Where does it say that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    Sounds like a Rogue Spec to me.

Every Fantasy universe has a Ranged spec for the Thief / Rogue / Scout class. Hunters had Survival turn into a Melee spec and Dark Ranger sounds like it would fit into the Sub / Shadow Rogue spec as a their Ranged spec.
    Dark ranger sounds like a rogue spec to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    probably never, we already have hunters so i can rather see other new classes coming if anything
    We have 1 bow/crossbow class.

How many do we have of the others?

We could use another bow class for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    We could use another bow class for sure
    This I agree with. With now weapons being on boss loot lists, having a gun or bow drop for only one class that can use it seems like a waste.