View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    My point? You brought up the jersey option. Apparently, once again, you don't know what you're talking about. The jersey option excludes freedom of movement, a requirement for passporting, but it includes staying within the customs union and therefore under ECJ jurisdiction. You call this a win.
    Who said anything about passporting?

We want free movement of goods - EU capitulation - tick.
    We want no free movement of people - EU capitulation - tick
    No NI/Ireland border - EU capitulation - tick
    No ECJ jurisdiction - next target - EU capitulation pending

One by one the cherries are being picked by the UK.

It's a difficult choice with so many links to choose from, but to keep it simple ima going with this one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/697691...years-to-come/

So where will the EU get the services it requires from March? London or New York? Answer the damn question - surely it won't choose bankruptcy?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The Jersey option.

Jersey has a special relationship with the European Union (EU). In simple terms, the Island is treated as part of the European Union for the purposes of free trade in goods, but otherwise is not a part of the EU. The formal relationship is set out in Protocol 3 of the UK's 1972 Accession Treaty and confirmed in what is now Article 355 (5) (c) of the EU Treaties.

https://www.gov.je/Government/Depart...ipeuanduk.aspx

So the UK will be offered the same "special" status as the tax haven of Jeresy in a major capitulation by the EU. Crucially giving free trade of goods and taking away free movement of people, in effect turning the UK into one big tax haven island just off the coast of Europe.

Slice of cake anyone? Eurochums, do you wish you were special too?
    Which EU member state do you (the UK) want to become a crown dependency of?
    Belgium?

15+ Year Old Account
    Who said anything about passporting?

We want free movement of goods - EU capitulation - tick.
    We want no free movement of people - EU capitulation - tick
    No NI/Ireland border - EU capitulation - tick
    No ECJ jurisdiction - next target - EU capitulation pending

One by one the cherries are being picked by the UK.

It's a difficult choice with so many links to choose from, but to keep it simple ima going with this one.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/697691...years-to-come/

So where will the EU get the services it requires from March? London or New York? Answer the damn question - surely it won't choose bankruptcy?
    Your second point, no free movement of people = no passporting, ergo a killing blow to your service industry. Free movement of goods = staying within ECJ jurisdiction, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your second point, no free movement of people = no passporting, ergo a killing blow to your service industry. Free movement of goods = staying within ECJ jurisdiction, period.
    LOL a killing blow my arse. You go on about this passporting as though it is the reason the referendum was called in the first place. News Flash - it wasn't. The UK position in the event of a no deal is that EU firms who want to passport services into the UK after March will be given a 3 year temporary registration with the FCA after which a UK subsidiary will need to be set up in order to allow continuation. Does the EU have a clear position yet for the opposite direction?

It is a good job the UK is on the ball and in the lead on these negotiations, winning concession after special concession. Must make the other member states just a tad jealous really...

Still haven't decided between New York and London I see...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The Jersey option.

Jersey has a special relationship with the European Union (EU). In simple terms, the Island is treated as part of the European Union for the purposes of free trade in goods, but otherwise is not a part of the EU. The formal relationship is set out in Protocol 3 of the UK's 1972 Accession Treaty and confirmed in what is now Article 355 (5) (c) of the EU Treaties.

https://www.gov.je/Government/Depart...ipeuanduk.aspx

So the UK will be offered the same "special" status as the tax haven of Jeresy in a major capitulation by the EU. Crucially giving free trade of goods and taking away free movement of people, in effect turning the UK into one big tax haven island just off the coast of Europe.

Slice of cake anyone? Eurochums, do you wish you were special too?
    Except Jersey has this status only because of its relationship with the UK, a Member State responsible for its external relationship. Just like Greenland/Denmark.
    This status will likely change after Brexit and is not on the table for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Except Jersey has this status only because of its relationship with the UK, a Member State responsible for its external relationship. Just like Greenland/Denmark.
    This status will likely change after Brexit and is not on the table for you.
    It has already been offered, just it is not quite good enough. We want the Jersey cake version but with cherries on top too.

It has already been offered, just it is not quite good enough. We want the Jersey cake version but with cherries on top too.
    Offered by whom?
    And whose crown dependency is the UK about to become?

It has not been offered. It was suggested by the UK early on and flat out rejected by the EU as too bureaucratic and unworkable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Offered by whom?
    And whose crown dependency is the UK about to become?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    It has not been offered. It was suggested by the UK early on and flat out rejected by the EU as too bureaucratic and unworkable.
    It is all over the news here how many more links do you want? Let's pick one I never used before.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/09/eu-on...rexit-7818675/

Honestly is the EU becoming like China now in it's censorship of global news? That new GDPR regulation has gone too far.

It is all over the news here how many more links do you want? Let's pick one I never used before.

Honestly is the EU becoming like China now in it's censorship of global news? That new GDPR regulation has gone too far.
    Care to answer the important part of the question?
    Whose crown dependency is the UK trying to become?
    Belgium? The Netherlands? Please enlighten us...

Again with the reading disability. All that article says is that the EU leaders would probably seriously consider the Jersey solution if May brought it.

15+ Year Old Account

So it's not been proposed by the EU and it will probably maybe be discussed in a month from now?

Also this:
    "This could potentially mean that Britain will be unable to change laws in order to give it a competitive edge against the EU and could hinder any chance of signing additional trade deals."

Oh, dribbs, you're winning big here.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Care to answer the important part of the question?
    Whose crown dependency is the UK trying to become?
    Belgium? The Netherlands? Please enlighten us...
    The answer is obvious silly, the UK is trying to become a crown dependency of the UK :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Again with the reading disability. All that article says is that the EU leaders would probably seriously consider the Jersey solution if May brought it.
    But I thought the four EU pillars were sacrosant? And yet one by one they are crumbling...

Oh, dribbs, you're winning big here.
    Its bigly just FYI.... so New York or London, tap tap tap I'm waiting....

Deleted
    Two places in the world provide the services the EU cannot for itself.
    What exactly are you talking about?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    What exactly are you talking about?
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)602058_EN.pdf

You might not like London, but for the EU it is shit or bust.

Do you ever read the things you link Dribbles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibblewink View Post
    Do you ever read the things you link Dribbles?
    Hahahahahaaa good one.

Deleted
    So you want a deal now dribbles?

Deleted
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegDat...)602058_EN.pdf

You might not like London, but for the EU it is shit or bust.
    I'm sorry, but you have to be a little more specific for me to understand your point. I have not read the entire report, since it is 69 pages long and I'm not an economist, but abstract, policy recommendations and concluding remarks don't really support your view that "only London and New York can provide financial services the EU needs", at the very best they support that they are the only places that can do so right now, and even that is a stretch from the source you linked.

The answer is obvious silly, the UK is trying to become a crown dependency of the UK :P

But I thought the four EU pillars were sacrosant? And yet one by one they are crumbling...

Its bigly just FYI.... so New York or London, tap tap tap I'm waiting....
    Hmm, getting desperate now? So you want a Jersey deal? Sure. You can have it if you like. That means no services into the EU. No passporting. No free movement. Basically, you'll get a glorified trade agreement on goods. But you will adhere to EU regulation and standards. And you will be within the jurisdiction of the ECJ.

Sure, go ahead. Do that. We'll happily do that. Goods is what we're good at, we will supply you with all the foods you like. Not sure where you'll take the money from to pay for them, since basically London would be unemployed. But it's your choice. I like the bit where the EU says that for this shitty deal, they'll be asking for concessions in return.

You're the absolute worst at negotiations, aren't you.

And just like the desperate clown that you are, you revert from "No, I don't want your help, fuck you, I want a no deal Brexit!" to "Oh, let's please have this shitty deal, because that sounds much better!" LOL
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.