Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Obviously it is because the behavior you describe was uncommon enough that joining groups wasn't a complete waste of time.

The fact that these addons were used basically proves that you had the wrong impression about their usefulness and as such, it is perfectly reasonable to think it is stupid to disable them, regardless of your pseudo-moralistic, holier than thou name-calling.
    Cry me a river.

The behaviour was common enough to make it perfectly reasonable to try and maintain it too, clearly. I'm sure Blizzard's got better access to stats on the matter in any case. Players have feels, they've got access to reals.

The crybabies could clearly do with less hand holding, seeing their tantrums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideon View Post
    How is your post helpful in any way?
    At least provide constructive feedback instead of trolling.
    How is the pages upon pages of whining and threatening to quit the game helpful either?

Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    Forget about Alliance x Horde. Reasonable Players X Blizzard Fan Boys is the real battle imo.
    Reasonable players? LMFAO!

I fail to understand why they keep making finding groups harder and harder. I never used any addons, but I did use "right click find group" on the quest tracker. I did use auto-accept option. I found those extremely useful.

Why are they making it harder to group up in an mmo game? This is pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Maybe they think by discouraging grouping they are encouraging guilds + the community thing

I'd be willing to take the bet they are wrong lol
    For sure. I think that's probably it, and I think you're very right. If anything, group finder has helped with guild recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    For sure. I think that's probably it, and I think you're very right. If anything, group finder has helped with guild recruiting.
    Surely the people who are willing to put in the effort to manually create and search for their own groups instead of being so reliant on addons would be a more admirable quality to recruit them into a Guild?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Surely the people who are willing to put in the effort to manually create and search for their own groups instead of being so reliant on addons would be a more admirable quality to recruit them into a Guild?
    the raging hyperbole, the hyped up mannerisms, you're getting this excited over some people not liking a change to WoW.

do you have autism? cool those jets there, hotshot - you don't need to make yourself look anymore socially retarded than you already do, lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyMoonz View Post
    the raging hyperbole, the hyped up mannerisms, you're getting this excited over some people not liking a change to WoW.

do you have autism? cool those jets there, hotshot - you don't need to make yourself look anymore socially retarded than you already do, lolz.
    Clearly you're someone who fails to realize the irony and hypocrisy in their own retarded comments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Pretty much.

Blizzard seem to have this insane focus with "MAUs" recently aka Monthly Active Users rather than actual subs for WoW as of late.

Plus with how heavy they've been content gating does seem like they are focusing more on time played than people playing as of late.

Just my 2 cents though. I mean look at Broken Shore and it's 14 week gated "story".
    For funsies, try requesting your account data if you're in the EU. I did, and they keep track of when you logged in to wow, how long you stayed online, and when you switched characters. It goes back atleast a year. Anybody who's under the illusion that "surely this can't all be for the shareholders" needs to look at the available evidence we have on hand right now.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    For funsies, try requesting your account data if you're in the EU. I did, and they keep track of when you logged in to wow, how long you stayed online, and when you switched characters. It goes back atleast a year. Anybody who's under the illusion that "surely this can't all be for the shareholders" needs to look at the available evidence we have on hand right now.
    To be honest I've never cared about this sort of thing of how many subs a game has because there's more than enough people in WoW.

But look at how much gating Legion has had compared to other expansions. Hell it even took the piss and gated an entire "story" by 14 weeks where only 1 week was actual story and the other 14 was just breadcrumb "go kill mob/fetch" quests.

Nobody can sit there and say gating content by 14 weeks isn't to keep people playing.

To be honest if I end up liking BFA but they pull a 14 week gate like that again I just won't stick around. Argus was fine. It was 3 weeks at most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    don't really get what they want to accomplish by attacking addons that make quick group creation possible.
    they want you to create groups/guilds/communitys to do content.

because when you find a group/guild/community to play the game with its more likely that you will keep playing the game even if you dont like it that much anymore but you like the time spend with those people.

so they want you to create a group with wich you then go on to do worldquests... great isnt it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Good god ... this and other comments ... the stupidity on the internet is alive and well.

Nobody is trying to make everything take longer, that is how a child might interpret it I know, but it is not what is happening. The devs want more actual interaction between players and content that is not automated, so they are removing features or functions that move the game too far in an automated direction.

Now, does this mean you need to like the direction they are going? No, that is subjective and you are welcome to your opinion. For me, I am glad they are making these changes and the game moving back toward a more personal interaction like it used to be.

Cheers.
    Just where have you been in the recent months? Mate, the leveling is so damn fucking slow now (even with heirloom) no words can describe it...If it took -let`s say- 4 days to get an alt from lvl 1 to lvl 110 and now takes 3 times more with the same effort from my side, then yes it has been made slower...by devs....
    The rest of your comment is just gibberish..how the flying fck an auto accept of joining makes the game automated? It makes it more fluid, as I (the tank) can start a fight and let ppl to join mid fight without any focusing on a non-relevant part...the interaction with the content is the same (the mob have to die...)
    i simply can`t decide...pathetic troll or mentally challenged person?

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Good god ... this and other comments ... the stupidity on the internet is alive and well.

Nobody is trying to make everything take longer, that is how a child might interpret it I know, but it is not what is happening. The devs want more actual interaction between players and content that is not automated, so they are removing features or functions that move the game too far in an automated direction.

Now, does this mean you need to like the direction they are going? No, that is subjective and you are welcome to your opinion. For me, I am glad they are making these changes and the game moving back toward a more personal interaction like it used to be.

Cheers.
    Quoted for truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Just where have you been in the recent months? Mate, the leveling is so damn fucking slow now (even with heirloom) no words can describe it...If it took -let`s say- 4 days to get an alt from lvl 1 to lvl 110 and now takes 3 times more with the same effort from my side, then yes it has been made slower...by devs....
    The rest of your comment is just gibberish..how the flying fck an auto accept of joining makes the game automated? It makes it more fluid, as I (the tank) can start a fight and let ppl to join mid fight without any focusing on a non-relevant part...the interaction with the content is the same (the mob have to die...)
    i simply can`t decide...pathetic troll or mentally challenged person?
    Remember a time when it took months to get to cap back in Vanilla? You also didn't have these QoL addons back then either.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I fail to understand why they keep making finding groups harder and harder. I never used any addons, but I did use "right click find group" on the quest tracker. I did use auto-accept option. I found those extremely useful.

Why are they making it harder to group up in an mmo game? This is pretty ridiculous.
    Apparently for the "social connections".

Even without them it's gonna be the same shit.

Group up, do world quest, kthxbai and more than likely never see that person again.

I don't understand the change. It was a convenience thing like the LFD. If Blizzard wanted to force social interaction, you think they would do so for more meaningful content. If they came out today and said that LFD groups had to be created manually, in this day and age, it would seem ridiculous. That is how I feel about the world quest group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    You're not old enough, kid.
    /drops mic

And you can pull your fat head out of your ass.
    Maybe he will once you stop deepthroating Blizzard's dick

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible change, just when I was about to resub. Not anymore.

Taking way the auto invite is stupid. Going to make getting into a world boss group more of a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dopefishz View Post
    Maybe he will once you stop deepthroating Blizzard's dick
    You make accusations, but it's obvious you're already burying your nose into the crotches of the Blizzard hating circlejerk.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2018-08-09 at 05:02 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Accepting group members now must be done manually, as the Auto-Accept functionality has been disabled.
    Holy shit LOL
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Umm...

My Orc Elemental Shaman has been named "Zapbomb" since MoP.