Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Mythic is a difficulty of dungeons and raids. Introduced with Warlords of Draenor, it is the new cutting edge difficulty, replacing the position of Heroic raid difficulty.[1] In Patch 6.2, Mythic mode was expanded to include 5-man dungeon instances." Interesting....
    Sorry, you're right. There were great end-game difficulty raids in Cata, which was Heroic at that time.

It's been a while.

Yes, I unsubscribed during Cata. It was so bad that I didn't come back to WoW until 8 months before the end of Pandaria.
    I also unsubscribed during WoD. I came back and only stayed subbed because the Garrison Gold Machine made it easy to not pay a subscription fee. I really didn't think WoD was worth a subscription fee, and honestly I don't know if WoW in general is still worth a subscription fee.

I'm trying to keep an open mind, but between the mindbogglingly-stupid story so far, the stat squish & all the problems it's caused, the unending nerfs to tedious leveling through OLD content, the loot changes, the silly changes to the UI (group finder nerfs being most recent)...IDK. BFA's not looking too great right now. Even something as small as the extremely lazy mount rewards for Alliance faction reputation (3 different colored horses?? are you serious?) kills my hype and kills my interest.

Every little flaw and problem has started to feel like the straw that will break the camel's back.

I haven't unsubscribed since November 23 2004, haha!
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

Yes. I played Paladin and Druid and couldn't stand the holy power/lunar solar changes. I still think it was silly. I ended up resubscribing during MoP.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX | Teamgroup DDR5 6000 32GB RAM | Sapphire Radeon 7900XT | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB + SK Hynix P41 Platinum 1TB | Windows 11 Pro

“When you've burned the bridges behind you, don't go starting a fire on the one in front of you.” ― Steven Erikson, The Bonehunters

Yes, because was fed up from LK, fed up of my toxic realm and wanted to try other games. Returned at MoP prepatch as Alliance and on another realm. Played with couple of short breaks till now.

I unsub everytime the game gets stale. So I unsub like 5 times per xpack or something.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Heresy!

T11 with BWD, BoT and TotFW was one of the greatest raid tiers of all time, easily rivalling Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Blackrock Foundry, Nighthold or whatever else people consider to the in the "greatest raids" category.
    Al'akir was not a cool fight for me. Super annoying. Especially the Boss before that.
    BWD had cool bosses but rehashed Onyxia and Nefarian.
    Halfus was just annoying and the only really cool fight in BoT was Cho'Gall.
    Sinestra was hard but what kind of dragon looks like that? fugly dragons? No thank you.

Yes,but not because of any external factors,just because WoW sucked then

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, have only dropped my sub twice. Once during WoD and a 2nd time during Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You do if you have an active raid group and want to keep your raidspot.
    Or a Guild leader, or in any social position where people have expectations.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2018-08-09 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Dragon Soul was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Your memory about the class mechanics is completely wrong. Tanks did more threat and had way better defensives than in WotLK, and EVERY Dps spec worked a lot better mechanically than its counterpart did in WotLK. Dots scaling with Haste was possibly the biggest mechanical improvement classwise in the entire history of the game. Cata was the first expansion with anything close to proper classbalance (outputwise). Casters most certainly did not go oom unless you forgot to use your manaregen spells (Shadowfiend, Evocation, Life Tap etc,etc).

The only roles that had a harder time than in WotLK, were Healers, and that was only because of mana issues the first few months. Their actual toolkit, spells and cooldowns were a lot stronger than in WotLK.

The first half of Cata was the perfect expansion imo. Out of everything they did since then, the only thing I would have added was M+ and forced MS loot prio (I believe everybody could still roll for everything that dropped at that point, unless that was WotLK, I know MS prio was there in MoP atleast). Yes, MoP style grploot is vastly superior to PL.

The latter half of Cata, aka 4.3, is the reason why the expansion is remembered as one of the worst today. 4.3 was probably the single laziest Major patch Blizz has ever done, possibly only beaten by the Selfie patch in WoD. Dragon Soul was a boring raid with tons of reused models turned slightly bigger as bosses, and the 3 new dungeons were complete dogshit compared to the both the original Cata 5mans and the ZA/ZG remakes, both of which were irrelevant at this point.
    My memory can be wrong, but patch notes just can't - all nerfs were clearly stated there and justified by "Well, you need to use CC to actually fight against 1 mob at a time, that is possible without even having healer and tank, otherwise your tank would be one-shot and healer will go oom just after 2 casts of any ability, that isn't weakest one". I won't even tell you, how broken game mechanics were at that time. Healing tank via Lifebloom only, cuz everything else was causing instant oom? Yeah, nice.

Only players, that had no issues - are small % of players, that had instant access to raid gear.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-08-09 at 06:11 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I unsubbed during Cata because it was horrible early on and I didn't stick it out

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I unsubbed near the end of the expansion since my interest had waned and I had accomplished what I thought was my limit. Then there was a big guild drama that just made it seem like a good time to Exit Stage Left as Snagglepuss used to say.

Only time I unsubscribed was during Mist of Pandaria. I left after hitting max level on a few characters. Hated the the daily quest grind. Came back during Throne of Thunder. I've stayed subscribed since. During Cata I stay subscribed and leveled every class to max level. They have all been max level since. Allied races are giving me a reason to level again. It's kind of fun running through old content... though I'm in no hurry to hit max as I don't want to do the Class Halls again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

The promotion that involved Diablo 3 was during Cata right? In that case I didn't unsubscribe, but played very little at various points.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Hi guys,

I have seen a few people say that the number of players decreasing in Cataclysm was only caused by external factors (League of Legends, etc...). I personally have troubles believing that but I thought that the best way to get as close as possible to an answer would be to the ask you, the community.

I am not creating this poll to discuss if Cata was or not the worst expansion WoW has ever had. If you want to discuss that, feel free to do so on this post : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-in-your-mind

So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?

Edit: I wanted to create a real poll but it seems like I'm a damn noob that can't figure out how to do so...
    Yeah, I did.

Reason is my server died and my friends stopped playing. We are talking about a total server community collapse. My server went from populated to deserted.

Look below:

In addition, I was playing an Alliance Human Rogue at the time and the Devs had really screwed up Rogue raid DPS during Catafail. My 25 man Raid Guild only had two Rogues raiding, me and one other, and 8 priests with those stupid special staffs that caused Priests become the No 1 DPS class in the game.

We were told that we would not6 be taken in raids b/c we were a waste of a raid slot as Priests could DPS better than we did, they could heal, they could ressurect and in short there was nothing we as Rogues could contribute to the guild.

We learned that they recruited 2 more priests and got them those stupid staffs to DPS with. I had enough with Retail and went back to TBC on a Polish Private Server.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Yes. because of LFR plus was burned out by firelands. Didnt resub till a year into WoD. In retrospect, I regret not doing Mists at that time.

Deleted
    I unsubscriped at the end of every addon exc. Vanilla, BC and Legion.
    It was pretty okay, because running the same content for a year and stuff is pretty annoying.
    I even took a break in legion and returned after the prepatch lauched, but did not unsub. Were just around 4 or 6 weeks. Needed some summer, holidays and stuff. Was pretty fine, I'm not longer completely f***ed off from the game.

Deleted
    I did and I never came back to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've unsubscribed every expansion except Legion.