Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    I would put some money on a DDOS attack being a issue making any log in issues worse.
    DDoS attacks haven't been effective for a few years now.

Legion Launch didn't have DDoS issues but I promise you that people were trying.

Its super easy to detect the IP addresses that are trying to DDoS and automatically block them now. Even little garbage small town ISPs offer DDoS protection to their clients now.

on one end, maybe 8.0 tanked the biggest part of connection issues, on the other end this is the first time we are experiencing a global launch. Particularly worried for our australian cousins and such getting the game in the middle of the night (or their IT who will be doing overtime in the middle of the night)

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Making a threat is wrong, who was making a threat? Maybe you should report them....
    Who said it's wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Wod and legion launched smoothly enough that I have decent Hope's of bfa launching without major problems. Not to say without problems just without major ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flinchyy View Post
    Legion Launch was as smooth as butter so i'm not too concerned. I'm sure there will be some issues but nothing too major that breaks the game.
    Legion had people start with an instanced Artifact questline and then 25%+ of the playerbase went to Stormheim because it was an instanced start too. Afaik, BFA doesnt have any of that exlcluding the 5 minutes to get your necklace, which is shorter than the artifact weapon quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Legion had people start with an instanced Artifact questline and then 25%+ of the playerbase went to Stormheim because it was an instanced start too. Afaik, BFA doesnt have any of that exlcluding the 5 minutes to get your necklace, which is shorter than the artifact weapon quest.
    Uhhh, you have a long, solo scenario to complete right after you get your neck. In fact, it's longer then most of the artifact obtaining quests where.

You then have factions split between 2 continents, each faction split between 3 zones and multiple different shards per server with war mode, non war mode and everything else.

So yea, whatever you're trying to say is an issue is certainly not an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Wod and legion launched smoothly enough that I have decent Hope's of bfa launching without major problems. Not to say without problems just without major ones.
    WoD "launched" smoothly but a few hours into launch it was a shit show most of the day. Definitely not one blizzard would be proud of unlike Legion.

Deleted
    assume there's going to be some problems with quests breaking, but nothing major.
    maybe a little bit of lag in some instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffer View Post
    DDoS attacks haven't been effective for a few years now.

Legion Launch didn't have DDoS issues but I promise you that people were trying.

Its super easy to detect the IP addresses that are trying to DDoS and automatically block them now. Even little garbage small town ISPs offer DDoS protection to their clients now.
    Blizzard sure likes to blame them and or "ISP" issues anytime their servers have issues.

Everything will crash and burn just because people who have already given up on the game/expansion say so.

Deleted
    quite scared since people seem to funnel into zandalar/kultiras all at once, only really the scenario to spread out players based on speed, while legion had evryone split up into their artifact questlines which probably made it way easier to keep things stable

On the one hand, WoD was easily worse than any of the other recent releases, on multiple counts...both lag, queues, bugs, several days before the kinks were worked out. On the other hand Legion was perfect, no issues at all. So I'm hopeful it'll be smooth but depending on what changes they've made under the hood it could be awful ofc, time will tell.

Deleted
    Lets's hope the lag will not start even hours before launch cause everyone will already camp in Silithus

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Taking all bets! How long will it actually take before you can log in? How many times will you d/c? Which bug in the beta that you reported still make it to live? How much lag are we going to get? What's the problem they are going to have to take the servers down for? Will Ion be apologizing in another Q&A? What feature will just not work?

This isn't me hating on the game. Love the game and the story. Launch days are always a shit show though, and they are trying to one shot Mythic Launch Day. So make your predictions, place your bets. And launch day comes, tell us what you found!
    Unfortunately, every single bug I reported in Beta and PTR has made it to live.
    Every. Single. One.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    on one end, maybe 8.0 tanked the biggest part of connection issues, on the other end this is the first time we are experiencing a global launch. Particularly worried for our australian cousins and such getting the game in the middle of the night (or their IT who will be doing overtime in the middle of the night)
    Good to see you around Zlygork!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Legion was smooth as fuck so I expect minimal problems bar a few overlooked bottleneck quests and perhaps a bug or two.

It will go fine, server queues will probably be jam packed so if you are expecting to play monday night then you might want to login early and get a auto clicker going to keep you on the server.

I don't think there would be anything major if it was a normal launch. Of course I don't expect to play that night anyways but I think the world wide launch might be perilous.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!