Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Baker Mayfield looking really good so far. Although, I think it would be funny if Tyrod Taylor ends up kicking serious ass during the season and having Baker sit his rookie year. It would be good for him either way, I just think it would throw off the fans who might already be calling for Baker to start.
    Really? I've been watching the box score, didn't seem that great.

Tyrod went 5/5 for a TD then they put on Baker who's been like 3/7?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Really? I've been watching the box score, didn't seem that great.

Tyrod went 5/5 for a TD then they put on Baker who's been like 3/7?
    He's having great pocket presence, feet movement to dodge sacks, and a couple first down scrambles. One of those misses was a throw away, another was literally an inch too deep on a deep ball, and I think another was dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like AJ did pretty well for the Bills too, and their backfield consists entirely of ex-Saints so far
    /s

Ummm, is there seriously a guy on the Packers defense named Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

Like, that's fucking hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Looks like AJ did pretty well for the Bills too, and their backfield consists entirely of ex-Saints so far
    Yeah, he did decent. He had a few balls sail on him in his early attempts, but then he settled down and looked good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I've got a chance to see Taysom Hill as a QB instead of a special teams gunner.

not so good
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-08-10 at 12:40 AM.
    /s

Time to see Josh Allen in the 2nd half. The other two looked good, but obviously this is the guy the Bills picked to be the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to see Josh Allen in the 2nd half. The other two looked good, but obviously this is the guy the Bills picked to be the future.
    Thoughts & Prayers.
    /s

Josh Allen first play:

70 yard bomb which traveled like 65 yards in the air. Too bad it was thrown out of bounds by about a yard.

2nd play: handoff to a RB for 6 yards.

3rd play: throws it at the feet of his WR on 3rd and 4. LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, is there seriously a guy on the Packers defense named Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?
    Yeah, he was a star at Alabama. Very high profile, without looking think he was also a first round pick. Also without looking, I'm fairy sure his real first name isn't Ha Ha.

Man, they showed Josh Allen trotting off the field after a disastrous 4th and 3, and Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron both looked fucking smug as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somebody never saw the Key & Peele bits about ridiculous names.

/s

Josh Allen first play:

70 yard bomb which traveled like 65 yards in the air. Too bad it was thrown out of bounds by about a yard.

2nd play: handoff to a RB for 6 yards.

3rd play: throws it at the feet of his WR on 3rd and 4. LOL.
    I'm still surprised Elway didn't draft him because that sounds exactly like an Elway QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taysom Hill has gotten better as more Jaguars get subbed out of the game, he looks uneasy in the pocket and breaks and runs too quickly, but the designed runs have been good, and he's only made one bad throw.
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Somebody never saw the Key & Peele bits about ridiculous names.

Hello??? Redo it with the one and only Barkevious Mingo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Hello??? Redo it with the one and only Barkevious Mingo?
    I think I remember an interview where they said Mingo was the most ridiculous real name, because it is.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip for the Fantasy Football people: If you need a late round RB, might be worth it to take a flyer on Jeremy Hill. He's looked like the best Patriots RB out there, by far.

Sony Michel likely won't be relied on early on in the season and none of the other backs fill the goal-line/short yardage role except Gillislee, and Hill has run circles around Gillislee tonight. I think Hill not only makes the team, but locks down that TD pilfering role that LeGarrette Blount used to have.

If only we had someone step up at WR like Hill did tonight at RB...

- - - Updated - - -

Washington players are dropping like flies tonight. So many of them got injured already, including some that looked to be serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pro tip for the Fantasy Football people: If you need a late round RB, might be worth it to take a flyer on Jeremy Hill. He's looked like the best Patriots RB out there, by far.

Sony Michel likely won't be relied on early on in the season and none of the other backs fill the goal-line/short yardage role except Gillislee, and Hill has run circles around Gillislee tonight. I think Hill not only makes the team, but locks down that TD pilfering role that LeGarrette Blount used to have.

If only we had someone step up at WR like Hill did tonight at RB...
    Smart money is generally to avoid Patriots RBs, BB can be fickle, Gillislee looked like a good get last year and that dried up pretty quick, but in the last couple rounds there could be value.
    /s

Josh Allen has had exactly 1 good throw tonight, and Steve Tasker (who has a daily radio show from noon to 3 in Buffalo with John Murphy, our play-by-play guy), said that tomorrow they'd be talking about some of the great throws Allen made that justified his pick at #7. I love Steve, I have an oldschool throwback with his 89 on it, shit if he isn't watching a different game than me.

I was pretty impressed with Mayfield's play. Wasn't expecting much, but he moved well in the pocket, and it looked like he had good downfield vision. A few throws behind, but not high/low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seabass wearing what looks like a jersey 3 sizes too big from walmart. He looks weird in a seahawks uni.