Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    People need to stop making these false accusations or trivializing more serious crimes to buy themselves some attention at the expense of genuine victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The media pays them. This is common sense. Have you not been on the news before?
    Who on "the media" pays them and for what?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I am not opposed to this, if it is proven false or made up yes, I agree 100% no doubt.

However not enough evidence to go forward isn't the same thing as a false accusation, however if the rebuttal to that is what about the accused. I would say I would support legislation to protect those accused much in the same way rape shield laws work.

The Courts should protect the name of the accused, there should be certain mandates that should such information get out, public or private institutions are forbidden from acting.

If there isn't enough information to move forward, the records and information are sealed.
    You do realize that 'not enough evidence to go forward' is still 'enough evidence to ruin the defendant's life' right? There needs to be SOME guarantee of proof before a trial, and not just he said she said with a hope that the judge or jury is a bunch of sexists or bleeding hearts.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Who on "the media" pays them and for what?
    Whoever paid all those Sandy Hook actors

Let them keep crying wolf. Eventually it'll become a house of cards that collapses around them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    You do realize that 'not enough evidence to go forward' is still 'enough evidence to ruin the defendant's life' right? There needs to be SOME guarantee of proof before a trial, and not just he said she said with a hope that the judge or jury is a bunch of sexists or bleeding hearts.
    I don't think District Attorneys will take on cases they know they can't do anything with or win. As to the rest of your conspiracy, it doesn't matter if they are bleeding hearts, if there isn't enough evidence it goes on record, however you aren't even talking about false accusations you are talking about false convictions which also happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    Let them keep crying wolf. Eventually it'll become a house of cards that collapses around them.
    Not going to happen, and you will likely go your entire life waiting for that collapse you made up in your mind to happen.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Nothing wrong with MeToo. Naming and shaming people on twitter is a different story though. Rape is a serious crime, go to the police.

No, I don't agree, I am getting fed up with hypocrites being fed up with #MeToo as if it was ever supposed to be a fad to begin with or trend.

I fully support ALL, yes ALL coming forward and showing support, in fact I don't think this is scratches the surface, I hope this trend sustains and changes society forever, for everyone. I also hope along with it that the issue of sexual assault and harassment isn't ever swept under the rug again.

I want more victims to speak up and speak out

I don't want people to wait years out of shame or guilt

I want the criminal justice system to address problems all around (That includes False Allegations)

There should be no tolerance for sexual assault, even if that means the sacrifice is people can say and do whatever they want whenever they want, without a thought or care. I am an adult I can handle that, and I also hope this helps teach better respect for each other.
    I don't think anyone here disagrees that sexual assault should be punished? Issue with the meetoo movement is that it has evolved into a ''guilty untill proven innocent'' psuido justice system. Lets say someone came forward and said some shit about ... Brad pitt or some shit, even if hes entirely innocent his career and life is most likely ruined. I mean Tom Hanks was almost destroyed because he grabbed someones hand?
    We humans have to stick together

A lot of them are faking or over blowing it for money and attention. Why are they coming out years later? Why dont these girls just knee these guys in the balls, headbutt them in the nose, bite their lip off when they go in for a kiss etc? Stop being such a wimp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I don't think anyone here disagrees that sexual assault should be punished? Issue with the meetoo movement is that it has evolved into a ''guilty untill proven innocent'' psuido justice system. Lets say someone came forward and said some shit about ... Brad pitt or some shit, even if hes entirely innocent his career and life is most likely ruined. I mean Tom Hanks was almost destroyed because he grabbed someones hand?
    Well anything in the public eye especially when it's a bout a passionate issue you have those that act certain ways.

That said, some of this #MeToo ruffles some feathers because it also goes against the tradition of "Well it was a different time back then" or " You can't even say hello anymore" as a way of trying to deflect along with pointing out some who are very aggressive in the MeToo movement.

I support MeToo that is far as I am going to go with it because I don't know anybody now personally dealing with that, however in the past I have. So in the context I mention, I hope this helps all of those affected come forward, if that means having a uncomfortable conversation about social norms, so be it.

I am probably one of those who still has a lot to learn myself in terms of how society is going to change from the norms I was used to. Adapting is good.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Eh, fuck it - i'll bite.

#MeToo is basically a public group therapy session for rape and sexual assault victims. The fact that a few sickos pretend that they are victims just to fit in doesn't take away from that at all. Thats like having a cancer therapy group, find out one of the 100 people there never had cancer and so you decide to shit on the entire group. No. Shit on that individual and push them out.
    Except when the person makes up the fact they have cancer for sympathy, the fake cancer's life is not forever destroyed. This is the part where you will say "Ya BuT iF ItS a FaLsE aCcUsAtIoN tHeN tHe ViCtIm'S lIfE sHoUlD gO bAcK tO nOrMaL!!!!11111" Spoiler, that's not how society works. In fact the same people out there "championing" this cause will simply say, "He's a male, I'm sure hes guilt of something if it wasn't this." because that's exactly what the mob mentality band wagon does with every single fad.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Yes i am sorry and feel empathy for what someone did to you but some of these people are faking it for money and the sake of locking someone up for publicity. If you want to stop #MeToo becoming a thing again buy a gun, mace, knife and anti rape kit and whistle. As long as you let the problem occur the worse it becomes.
    Its funny how people like you are saying others are faking it and yet not one case has been proven to be a fake.

You assume people are lying, Don't assume.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't think District Attorneys will take on cases they know they can't do anything with or win. As to the rest of your conspiracy, it doesn't matter if they are bleeding hearts, if there isn't enough evidence it goes on record, however you aren't even talking about false accusations you are talking about false convictions which also happens.
    Except it happens all the time, how many times are cases thrown out for insufficient evidence?

I'm not talking about false convictions, I'm talking about false accusations, do you really think someone's life isn't ruined if they are taken to court for a rape charge even if exonerated?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its funny how people like you are saying others are faking it and yet not one case has been proven to be a fake.

Read up on Lena Dunham's relation to this case: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...rineau-1059660
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    For every #MeToo story there are likely 10 stories that you haven't heard, rape is underreported and 15-20% of women in the US experience rape at least once during their lifetime . Sorry you don't like it.

#MeToo
    Is it actually rape, or sexual assault/harassment? Some people confuse one for the other, or maybe they consider them to be the same thing.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2018-08-10 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

I have some bad news for you.

How inconvenient for you. You poor baby, you have it so rough.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I have some bad news for you.
    The percent rate of false or misinformed reports is less then 3% (so saying none was wrong on my part). So ya some have been fake but a vast majority haven't, Yet people like OP act like its 90% fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well since you can just make up some shit like Chris Hardwick girlfriend. I'd wager 80%.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...rineau-1059660

is one of the 3 percent of assault cases that are misreported every year.
    Not even close to 80% want to try again, Also It wasn't proven that she made anything up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You looked at my butt once. #metoo

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    imagine how annoying it must be to be sexually harassed all the time. Im sure your pain is greater than theirs though.