Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Is that 5% buff a buff to pets/summons as well? Or literally just the Warlock spells?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    Is that 5% buff a buff to pets/summons as well? Or literally just the Warlock spells?
    All damage abilities increased by 5%.

I imagine that has to mean the pets too. Call Dreadstalkers is a damage ability.

Demo was behind by 13% of the second worst spec, so this is a joke change.

Just cross your fingers they’ll hotfix enough by 3rd week of release instead of the demonhunter approach where they gutted them in EN and didn’t fix them until 2 raid tiers later.

I seemed to have had a lot more fun with the Demo on the Beta a few months ago then I am having on live right now...

What's the tuning looking like after that 5% buff?

I've noticed Blizz has been pretty aggressively nerfing a lot of specs the last few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    What's the tuning looking like after that 5% buff?
    around 5% higher
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Demo was behind by 13% of the second worst spec, so this is a joke change.

Just cross your fingers they’ll hotfix enough by 3rd week of release instead of the demonhunter approach where they gutted them in EN and didn’t fix them until 2 raid tiers later.
    Where is demo 13% behind the next worst dps, because it's sure not on warcraftlogs OR in sims.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Where is demo 13% behind the next worst dps, because it's sure not on warcraftlogs OR in sims.
    My guess it would be from here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

Although its closer to 10% behind the next spec in that ranking.

Deleted
    its will be lvling till 120 and if the spec still drags behind by more then 10% i will focus more on solo play (word bosses/world quest) not gone force ppl to carry me in dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Honro View Post
    My guess it would be from here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

Although its closer to 10% behind the next spec in that ranking.
    But that's heroic?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../17#dataset=90

On mythic it jumps to lower middle at 90%, and when you sort by boss dmg only it goes to pretty much solid middle.

I really hope he isn't using heroic as his sole metric for the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    But that's heroic?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../17#dataset=90

On mythic it jumps to lower middle at 90%, and when you sort by boss dmg only it goes to pretty much solid middle.

I really hope he isn't using heroic as his sole metric for the spec.
    Yup I know, but thats the only one I can find that has anything near the 13% the OP was referring to...

I agree, when played well demo is solid mid-pack and in some fights it out-performs one or even both the other specs. Does it need a buff, maybe. Does it need 13%... uhh no not that much. I mean just the 5% it got today using simple napkin math, it will be in the top 6 overall when u look at mythic rankings @ the 80th percentile.

In fact, it might even be higher then that, because my estimations is not including some of the nerfs other classes got.
    Last edited by Honro; 2018-08-10 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not the end of class balancing, we will be having these things going forward another month and more. That's just a tip of an iceberg. They will keep nerfing overperforming specs and buffing underperforming ones.

A big wildcard now is Azerite traits balancing which is ongoing now and seems to go under the radar for people here.

Basically overall nobody REALLY knows how things will look at 120 especially with all these changes going, so 5% is ok for now, IMO.

I'm happy. Its a small buff, yes, but it's so damn fun to play. Destro and Aff is NOTHING compared to current Demo IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is not the end of class balancing, we will be having these things going forward another month and more. That's just a tip of an iceberg. They will keep nerfing overperforming specs and buffing underperforming ones.

A big wildcard now is Azerite traits balancing which is ongoing now and seems to go under the radar for people here.

Basically overall nobody REALLY knows how things will look at 120 especially with all these changes going, so 5% is ok for now, IMO.
    You hit the nail right on the head. And every class/spec scale very differently when lvling. 10 more lvls is quite a large void to fill in terms of numbers. The real tuning will be week 1/2 of the first raid. Right now, every class & spec is in a great position for lvling.

There are a number of factors as you pointed out. We just need to sit back and see how they play out at max lvl - where it counts. Not run around like the sky is falling and this spec is un-playable etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    5% generic aura buff is OK for now; the subsequent tuning should be done via more specific and insightful buffs. For example, buff the feeble Felguard damage (and survivability), lower Grimoire:Felguard cooldown back to 1.5 min, buff the other lvl90 talents to be competitive with the 1.5 min Grimoire, etc.

So...
    I want to play lock for this xpac.
    demo for raids and content (I am a heroic raider only)
    and destro for M+ (this spec is way superior on this content)

This 5% buff will let it "playable" at that level?

Deleted
    I do find demo fun in therms of mechanics, but i find it very simplistic due to lack of keys to press.

I know, i know, i can choose soul strike to add an extra key but it doesnt feel satisfying to me to press. And yes i know aswell that a lot of keys doesn't necessarily make a rotation fun.

It feels it lacks something to give it more "oomph". Demonic tyrant at a lower cooldown ? vile fiend at a much lower cooldown to make it rotional like 20s CD? Also AOE feels a little ackwards. Implosion is fun to watch but it feels you are trading your resources for little added damage, taking into account you will lose damage afterwards from the sacrifice. Perhaps increase the 10% to 20% to gain a demonic core proc and an extra 20% damage to make it more spicy ?

Surely it's just a rambling, but it feels to me the spec IS fun most of the time, but lacks the finishing blow to make it realy rewarding and i'm not realy sure it's just a extra 5% or 10% overall damage that fixes it for the long run.

But hey, i'm just a newbie. I'm in this game just for fun after 15 years playing, perhaps what matters is just performance in max level sheets, so ignore me if i'm off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enlly View Post
    So...
    I want to play lock for this xpac.
    demo for raids and content (I am a heroic raider only)
    and destro for M+ (this spec is way superior on this content)

This 5% buff will let it "playable" at that level?
    Here is how it went last 3 expansions:

Warlocks start out underpowered, 2 months in some Warlock spec or two get ridiculously overbuffed and proceed to stomp everything for the rest of the expansion... why I'd say it's almost a rule - a game feature at this point.

But really, I don't know whether Demo specifically end up being top or not, but I am pretty confident Warlocks will find themselves again in the usual A-tier one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    5% generic aura buff is OK for now; the subsequent tuning should be done via more specific and insightful buffs. For example, buff the feeble Felguard damage (and survivability), lower Grimoire:Felguard cooldown back to 1.5 min, buff the other lvl90 talents to be competitive with the 1.5 min Grimoire, etc.
    My biggest problem with the spec right now is how quickly the Felguard dies. If they want him to be an all purpose pet for Demo they need to make him a bit tankier.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I do find demo fun in therms of mechanics, but i find it very simplistic due to lack of keys to press.

I know, i know, i can choose soul strike to add an extra key but it doesnt feel satisfying to me to press. And yes i know aswell that a lot of keys doesn't necessarily make a rotation fun.

It feels it lacks something to give it more "oomph". Demonic tyrant at a lower cooldown ? vile fiend at a much lower cooldown to make it rotional like 20s CD? Also AOE feels a little ackwards. Implosion is fun to watch but it feels you are trading your resources for little added damage, taking into account you will lose damage afterwards from the sacrifice. Perhaps increase the 10% to 20% to gain a demonic core proc and an extra 20% damage to make it more spicy ?

Surely it's just a rambling, but it feels to me the spec IS fun most of the time, but lacks the finishing blow to make it realy rewarding and i'm not realy sure it's just a extra 5% or 10% overall damage that fixes it for the long run.

But hey, i'm just a newbie. I'm in this game just for fun after 15 years playing, perhaps what matters is just performance in max level sheets, so ignore me if i'm off.
    Yeah, I guess 1-min Tyrant & 2-min Grimoire:Felguard would work too (as opposed to my suggestion, 1.5-min Tyrant & 1.5-min Grimoire:Felguard). As long as they can be synched.