Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Well, I apologize, I didn't like how you called the cinematic "cheap". These types of cinematics couldn't be further from cheap, and that's why we rarely see them.

I'm aware I don't have to agree, as I obviously don't. But we've been practically begging for fresh, new Horde faces to build on. I'm hoping he sticks around. If he doesn't, oh well, he served his purpose well. I don't completely understand why you hate him because he's popular, though. That's a curious logic, but I can respect it.

Why do you refer to him as "cheap" though? Cheap, as in, plot device?
    You don't have to apologize at all. I was being quite harsh and that usually brings more negative emotions in return. I was:

a) too quick to judge. At the same time I think that the first impressions, good or bad, are always important. It's okay to be wrong.
    b) biased against the young troll, because he suddenly became the center of this huge cinematic. And that happened just because he got popular within the community over a meme. I mean, he is that meme.

I tend to dislike things that are massively popular. It's not something what I do on purpose. And I am not doing it to feel unique. And I don't think that it is a pattern because I do like some of the extremely popular characters like Sylvanas. So the 'cheap part' isn't the plot device but the fact that the troll became a popular meme and Blizz decided to take advantage of that, making him a relevant character.

At the same time a lot of interesting and young characters from the game don't get the recognition that they deserve or development that they could get. Sometimes they have been completely forgoten already.

I do share your wish for more fresh Horde and Alliance faces.

In the end, if zappyboi get's a proper name and some good story later in game, I'm in. I just hate the way how he became relevant.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-08-04 at 11:08 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    You don't have to apologize at all. I was being quite harsh and that usually brings more negative emotions in return. I was:

a) too quick to judge. At the same time I think that the first impressions, good or bad, are always important. It's okay to be wrong.
    b) biased against the young troll, because he suddenly became the center of this huge cinematic. And that happened just because he got popular within the community over a meme. I mean, he is that meme.

I tend to dislike things that are massively popular. It's not something what I do on purpose. And I am not doing it to feel unique. And I don't think that it is a pattern because I do like some of the extremely popular characters like Sylvanas. So the 'cheap part' isn't the plot device but the fact that the troll became a popular meme and Blizz decided to take advantage of that, making him a relevant character.

At the same time a lot of interesting and young characters from the game don't get the recognition that they deserve or development that they could get. Sometimes they have been completely forgoten already.

I do share your wish for more fresh Horde and Alliance faces.

In the end, if zappyboi get's a proper name and some good story later in game, I'm in. I just hate the way how he became relevant.
    I'm pretty confident that Blizzard planned for zappyboi (Zekhan) to be a major character in the BfA cinematic as well (and I have no doubt in the future too). The thing that people latched onto was the fact that he stunned Greymane - normal trolls don't just do that. I think it was intentional that he was able to stand out like that. It was his first battle, and he's a young idealist, dedicated to the Horde, and he wanted to prove himself. A no name troll with no story would have no business distracting Greymane, because it would just serve to make a major Alliance character look weak. Have hope! It's not just a meme!

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Gee, I wonder who his dead troll dad could possibly be.
    I think we need to discuss this for about a year... and then .....No his dead was a nobody who died years ago and left Zappi boi to rot in Kalimdor.

Deleted
    Sylvanas to the end. Even if we have to kill horde and alliance, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Azshara warbringer is almost certainly planned for either Monday like Jaina or Tuesday like Sylvanas. They wouldn't want it to be totally overshadowed by this one. I doubt it was intended for a different time other than now, in between the two to take away from neither.
    I am sorry, you were saying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    I am sorry, you were saying?
    Not my fault they didn't keep to their pattern. I'm disappointed it didn't come out then and still hasn't come out now, Mr. Snarky.

Also, note: "almost certainly" isn't "it totally definitely will and I know 100% for sure."
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.