Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why can't Night Elves use Teldrassil exactly?

The rest of the island was untouched and all that's missing is a tree really, so what's the problem exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The rest of the island was untouched and all that's missing is a tree really, so what's the problem exactly?
    The Tree was the island... what are you on about?

who wouldnt want to live in a burned out tree stump

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Teldrassil was burned and I wouldn't reckon anything other than mayhap the base of the tree was saved. Chances for that, however, is very slim.

It covered most of the island and was 20 times the mass and was burned to eliminate the Alliance from the entire area. I admittedly have not really followed the story and these are just assumptions based on what would likely happen if it was real life but I do not understand how something that size burning will make for any living space below.

Blizz has made some strange story-line twists in the past though....

10+ Year Old Account
    all that's missing is a tree really
    Thats a bit of an understatement. I like it though!

10+ Year Old Account
    "Why can't the Grenfell tower survivors just move back in, the fire's out now right?"

This is a bait thread or something yeah?

Deleted
    Question. Was there ever an island there, that the tree grew on and overtook, or does the truck reach into the sea bed?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm amazed that thing hasn't collapsed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Question. Was there ever an island there, that the tree grew on and overtook, or does the truck reach into the sea bed?
    Yep, there is an island there. But the tree is pretty much the same size so... not that much left.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tree is basically the island, technically still burning. They wouldn't be able to use it for a while.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m not sure why they would want to, what’s the point of the island without the tree there? There are safer places for the night elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    I’m not sure why they would want to, what’s the point of the island without the tree there? There are safer places for the night elves.
    It's isolated from the rest of the continent, so it's more difficult to get to. The water provides a natural barrier defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is either trolling/baiting, or just doesn't understand how fire works.

Centralia was a booming coal town, until the coal mine under the town was caught on fire, and to this day the fires are still burning underground, so even when the fire isn't above ground, the effects of it caused the town to be evacuate and left, the land pretty much being broken apart by the burning fires under it.

I dunno why I thought of this but it made me think of this story
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Flinchyy View Post
    The Tree was the island... what are you on about?
    Did you think the tree was just floating on water? There's an island that the tree was on, without the tree the island would remain.

7+ Year Old Account
    because the tree covers the entire island.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Did you think the tree was just floating on water? There's an island that the tree was on, without the tree the island would remain.
    the tree outgrew the island.

teldrassil isnt gone either, it's burned.
    sylvanas didn't completely disintegrate it.

Formerly known as Arafal

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    OP is either trolling/baiting, or just doesn't understand how fire works.

Centralia was a booming coal town, until the coal mine under the town was caught on fire, and to this day the fires are still burning underground, so even when the fire isn't above ground, the effects of it caused the town to be evacuate and left, the land pretty much being broken apart by the burning fires under it.

I dunno why I thought of this but it made me think of this story
    That Story made me think of Silent Hill.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I guess if they care nothing for comfort or their lungs, they could go back now.
    It would be like living in that burnt building up above; they would need to take time to pretty much knock down the remains, clear out the wreckage, then start again.
    That would take some time, my friend.

At any rate, the tree was the entire landmass of the island.
    Go talk to the chromie homie to revert it to pre-Burning Man and you will see the whole thing is a massive tree stump.
    If the landmass supporting it is not fully submerged, that's a shit load of tree to deal with in order to make it habitable again.

10+ Year Old Account
    For one, the tree is very likely not structuruly sound, and the surface is now literally sut and charred remains of wood.
    For two, the tree might actually still be burning, and could be for a very long time - burning very large amounts of fuel beheaves differently than an average fire.
    Finally, given the amount of the tree that was destroyed by the fire and it being in salt water, the tree is unlikely to be saved one way or another, and is going to slowly fall apart, unless some VERY powerful magic is used to restore it.
    That's all ignoring the Horde very, VERY closeby, which makes any salvage attempts, even if they would be otherwise possible, simply unfeasible.

Deleted
    I'll take it you never took a flight path from Run'theran Village to Darnassus?
    The entire island (NE starting zone) is within the tree.