Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Exarch Yrel View Post
    I cannot blame them. With that stupid boy king in charge, there is hardly any drama within the Alliance, so it would be very hard to write a gripping cinematic on the levels of "Old Soldier" for the Alliance. What would it be about? Anduin and Greymane repeating the same boring lawful stupid crap over and over again?
    Maybe show us night elves facing reality and Tyrande tending to Malfurion thinking about their regrets and vengeance? Are you so dumb to say that it's the Horde facing the drama while being the barbarian aggressors? Only 1 character finds it dramatic, while the whole Alliance suffer from this. Jesus Christ.

Well the internal struggle within the Horde is a very important plot point in BFA and is hard sometimes to express certain points ingame. Making a cinematic is a nice way to explain that and as Terran Gregory said himself, they had an opportunity to make another cinematic and it seemed like the right place to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    You're right, it is suppose to be about both factions. So, why are they only putting effort into the horde side again?
    Because the alliance suck. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    It's always so easy to find Horde mains in threads like these
    Lmao, I play Alliance my dude.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Im almost sure you were among the Horde players that whined that we Got an in game 1min cinematic and now trash People for being sad Ally dont get something comparable to your 6min cinematic :-)
    Why would Horde whine about cinematics? They got a longer version of broken shore cinematic, they also got another cinematic with Sylvanas beocming warchief, then we got the Anduin one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post
    'I think in terms of the Old Soldier cinematic we released, that was something we'd never done before. The high fidelity CGI, pre-rendered cinematics, they're usually only relegated to one per expansion, the introduction. We just had an opportunity to make another one, and this seemed like the right place to do it.“ -Terran Gregory.

https://dailym.ai/2AXyjnm
    Boo hoo Horde favoritism emegerhd

Yeah, I don't think there was ever much chance of another cinematic happening, especially how long this last one was.

That said, I would have totally been down with one from Genn Greymane's perspective. Even though he's clearly antagonizing the Horde at every opportunity, I'd say he's the only member of the Alliance whose motivations actually seem believable and interesting. Frankly, WoW needs more characters like him if Blizzard wants to keep people interested in the fiction.

It would have been interesting to see his perspective on things, with Sylvanas killing his son, and of course we never actually saw the circumstances behind Genn's first transformation. Could have been a good follow-up to Saurfang's cinematic, making you *really* understand the hate he has towards Sylvanas, instead of just coming across as a "warmonger" (I like that he instigates conflict a bit needlessly, but I don't want that to become his whole schtick).

Regardless, even as a primarily Alliance-focused player, I really enjoyed the Saurfang cinematic. I love any opportunity we get to see Blizzard's cinematics, but this one was particularly notable in that it really told a story, instead of trying to pack a bunch of action sequences into a short window of time. The BfA one, for example, I feel moved just a bit too quickly, and I was never quite sold on Sylvanas rallying everyone screaming "For the Horde" (and "For the Alliance" just doesn't carry as much weight as a faction motto, to me).

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Arainie;49914957] It's not really fair, no. I'm absolutely certain Old Soldier had thousands if not tens of thousand work hours sunk in to it, and the cinematic is hardly bound to either faction even though it takes place among the horde. /QUOTE]

The second part is debatable. Saurfang is one of the most centric horde figures, I would argue the entire cinematic premise is a giant horde spotlight moment, when a night elf themed one would have been just as appropriate as a response to the Horde's stark aggression.
    The fact that it had thousands of hours poured into it, only supports people's impressions of a rather one sided interest in the factions.

The alliance is still incredibly one dimensional at this point and that doesnt seem to change much in BFA as war as we know.

I dont know about you but Id actually like for both factions to be engaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Why would Horde whine about cinematics? They got a longer version of broken shore cinematic, they also got another cinematic with Sylvanas beocming warchief, then we got the Anduin one.
    Well you clearly didn't check reddit at the time of that Anduin cinematic, the outrage was insane.
    We humans have to stick together

There's people who actually want less cinematics and content because its not "their" fraction. LOL

It is because we will all be one faction at the end of BfA so welcome your Orc overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    Well you clearly didn't check reddit at the time of that Anduin cinematic, the outrage was insane.
    But the Horde did get the extra funeral cinematic, which was justified and made sense. Anduin going to the land his father died and finally realizing tha he is a leader now also made sense. Saurfang embodying those who would want Horde to be honorable and not warmongering accomplices to genocide also makes sense. That doesn't negate the fact that the Alliance has been getting the less attention in the game right now from many aspects. However, I don't believe an Alliance video is needed either, just more justice for the faction in general.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2018-08-10 at 02:20 PM.

at this point i no longer care my expectation for alliance content is rock bottom. ive played this game long enouth to know blizzard can't write alliance stories ingame, eather because of ineptitude or a stance on how the alliance should act and be. it hower comes across as the alliance looking like incompetant chumps that constantly get led by the nose, by either that peticular expantion flavor of villian or the horde.

and when ever blizzard does decide to throw the alliance a fucking bone. it eather falls flat like: the SoO end cinematic. or is so ham fisted that it comes across as DEM: Jaina this expantion.

i also seriously doubt blizzard will go with the Garrosh 2.0 Senario. i suspect the far more likely Sylvanas going the route of Sarah Kerrigan in star craft 2, IE you hate her guts but shes the only one can save Azeroth.

were that to be the case. i already promised myself i will take my hands of this game. cancel my subscription, uninstall. and if the method is extremely bad, drop blizzard as a game provided all together.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    at this point i no longer care my expectation for alliance content is rock bottom. ive played this game long enouth to know blizzard can't write alliance stories ingame, eather because of ineptitude or a stance on how the alliance should act and be. it hower comes across as the alliance looking like incompetant chumps that constantly get led by the nose, by either that peticular expantion flavor of villian or the horde.

and when ever blizzard does decide to throw the alliance a fucking bone. it eather falls flat like: the SoO end cinematic. or is so ham fisted that it comes across as DEM: Jaina this expantion.

i also seriously doubt blizzard will go with the Garrosh 2.0 Senario. i suspect the far more likely Sylvanas going the route of Sarah Kerrigan in star craft 2, IE you hate her guts but shes the only one can save Azeroth.

were that to be the case. i already promised myself i will take my hands of this game. cancel my subscription, uninstall. and if the method is extremely bad, drop blizzard as a game provided all together.
    What are you talking about, WoTLK and Legion were both heavily focused on Alliance characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    But the Horde did get the extra funeral cinematic, which was justified and made sense. Anduin going to the land his father died and finally realizing tha he is a leader now also made sense. Saurfang embodying those who would want Horde to be honorable and not warmongering accomplices to genocide also makes sense. That doesn't negate the fact that the Alliance has been getting the less attention in the game right now from many aspects. However, I don't believe an Alliance video is needed either, just more justice for the faction in general.
    I just want a cinematic with Malf going batshit on the horde I am not going to complain that they made a wonderful cinematic for the Horde, it is still a wow cinematic after all.
    We humans have to stick together

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I, as an Alliance player, loved the cinematic and shed a little tear when Saurfang held his boy.

I don't mind the Alliance didn't get one. I just hope the balance will be there when it comes to allied races and not 'yeah... making allied races for the Horde is much easier and cooler'

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a shit, you can enjoy the old soldier one as alliance. I sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    What are you talking about, WoTLK and Legion were both heavily focused on Alliance characters.
    alliance content has been crap ever since cataclysm. because the zones just "had" to be balanced more. as for you coment on legion being alliance heavy.

i don't concider Khadgar Alliance he hasn't been since WoD. Velen had a personal vendetta against the legion. and now thats done back in the moth balls he goes. eventho he could have defended teldrassil easily with the vindicaar and those lightforged battlesuits. he could have also have won the siege the same way. and before you say "but the Vindicaar Belongs to the Army of the light. no the fuck it does not it was built by the Alliance Draenei then flown to argus where the light forged commadeered it. and the light forged joined the alliance before the war of thorns. so that point would be moot anyway.

on to illidan he was never alliance.

as for Turalyon and Alleria. their characters were butchered in a patch that had about the same quality as WoD.

So if you had a point i don't see it
    Last edited by bowlink; 2018-08-10 at 05:05 PM.

Not a big deal.

I wish we would have seen the Calia resurrection as a cinematic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post
    'I think in terms of the Old Soldier cinematic we released, that was something we'd never done before. The high fidelity CGI, pre-rendered cinematics, they're usually only relegated to one per expansion, the introduction. We just had an opportunity to make another one, and this seemed like the right place to do it.“ -Terran Gregory.

https://dailym.ai/2AXyjnm
    ..jaina is semi alliance. But do not want to be that guy....again...HORDE biased :S.....