Boost 120 Available, when?

BEFORE you freak out, hear me out.

I don't have a ton of time to play - my (starter) main will be my Legion geared Shaman but I am feeling an itch to play a character I haven't touched in 5 years. (Level 70ish?) How long after the expansion does it take for them to make boosts available? Anyone know the timeline from Legion?

I'm not complaining at all just want to know if I should just bite the bullet or if it will be 3-6 months and I can just wait it out.

Thanks everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    How long after the expansion does it take for them to make boosts available?
    Probably when we're about to launch into the expansion AFTER BFA. So probably 18 months minimum?
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Sounds like I think I should be happy with a 110 boost at this point.

Thank you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycloud777 View Post
    I am feeling an itch to play a character I haven't touched in 5 years.
    Sounds like I think I should be happy with a 110 boost at this point.
    Yes, you should. It is intended that you actually play through the latest content instead of just skipping it. That itch for that old character, it should be sufficient with the 110 boost so you have some time to re-learn your class and adapt to the BfA changes since last you played it. Being able to go straight to 120 at the beginning of the expansion will simply create even more of the useless players that know nothing about their class and spec. We have far too many of those playing as it is

I don't have a ton of time to play - my (starter) main will be my Legion geared Shaman but I am feeling an itch to play a character I haven't touched in 5 years. (Level 70ish?) How long after the expansion does it take for them to make boosts available? Anyone know the timeline from Legion?

I'm not complaining at all just want to know if I should just bite the bullet or if it will be 3-6 months and I can just wait it out.

Thanks everyone!
    120 Boost.... should be available around the Pre-order release for the next expac after BfA. Boost sold During Content only ever boost you to the last expac's level cap, so you can "quickly" start up your current expac's Story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Yes, you should. It is intended that you actually play through the latest content instead of just skipping it. That itch for that old character, it should be sufficient with the 110 boost so you have some time to re-learn your class and adapt to the BfA changes since last you played it. Being able to go straight to 120 at the beginning of the expansion will simply create even more of the useless players that know nothing about their class and spec. We have far too many of those playing as it is
    I hear and understand what you're saying but partially disagree. I do agree with your premise that the content is valuable and so is the experience! Im 100% not expecting to boost then start raiding - just trying to maximize my available time. The game is meant to be enjoyed and should be!

At the same time a players floor and generally their cap for a game or character is usually constant through gameplay no matter when they pick it up. While I'm not claiming to be an above average player - It shouldn't take long or more then a little research to be capable of doing early end game content. (Normals, Heroics, ect)

Your response is very valuable and thanks for taking the time to respond!

I hear and understand what you're saying but partially disagree. I do agree with your premise that the content is valuable and so is the experience! Im 100% not expecting to boost then start raiding - just trying to maximize my available time. The game is meant to be enjoyed and should be!

At the same time a players floor and generally their cap for a game or character is usually constant through gameplay no matter when they pick it up. While I'm not claiming to be an above average player - It shouldn't take long or more then a little research to be capable of doing early end game content. (Normals, Heroics, ect)

Your response is very valuable and thanks for taking the time to respond!
    You have to go through the zones anyways on new characters to unlock flight paths for world quests and gain reputations. From a character perspective, you should also be working on your class/war campaign for garrison/Order hall/HQ while leveling. By the time you do enough to have your character ready for raiding and AP grind, it's probably going to be max level anyways.

Once BfA is close to over.

So... plenty of time to get 120 even with a busy schedule.

Thanks everyone!
    Those will be available at the end of BfA.
    However you should get a 110 boost by buying BfA and trust me: leveling from 110-120 isn't gonna take a whole lot of time and You'll Need to quest anyways as You'll Need the rep for gear and stuff, but also as a requirement for unlocking flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    boosts are made that you can start right at the new expansion, not skip half of it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Probably when we're about to launch into the expansion AFTER BFA. So probably 18 months minimum?
    Yep, it'll happen with the next expansion's pre-purchase option; similar to how it's been handled to this point.

I cannot think of a single reason why someone would want a boost PRIOR to that. It, literally, makes no sense.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    120 Boost.... should be available around the Pre-order release for the next expac after BfA. Boost sold During Content only ever boost you to the last expac's level cap, so you can "quickly" start up your current expac's Story.
    This. When Legion pre-purchase was available, that's when the level 110 boost came out. I expect the same here.

Deleted
    Just play half an hour or maybe a hour per day. It will take some time but you i'll get 120 eventually. This is how I do it with a busy schedule.

Just play for a little per day. No one is rushing you my guy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Usually works that a new boost becomes available alongside preorders of the next expansion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think the 110 boost was Blizzcon last year? So well into the game life cycle. And with the way the systems work, I'd just use a 110 boost and level the new content. The new content leveling usually doesn't take that long and you'll get some good rewards along the way and have a lot of the stuff done in case they add things like Class mounts etc.

Going through the new content will give you some time to reacquaint yourself with spec a bit as well. Get used to the spell icons etc.

110-120 takes like 12 hours, lol. That or wait a year and a half and use your 120 boost after you drop $60 on the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    When?
    in about 1.5-2 years when 9.0 is coming out.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks everyone!
    I guess 6 months after the 1st patch release?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

Thanks everyone!
    Oh no I have to level 10 levels and see the new content 2 times THE HORROR ....