Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Actually blizzard is all about lore and when they deviate from that lore to appease pop culture is when they have effectively cucked not only themselves but the players as well.
    You're clearly not familiar with the concept of writing new lore.

They're not appeasing pop culture, they're just introducing new races that have some of you screeching because reasons. In the end, I'd say the creators of this game have authority on what fits and not. The Vulpera in particular fit like a glove with Vol'dun. Their story together with us as players, make them a perfect match as Allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    None other than getting killed just like the pandas.

Through the Pandas do have a more interesting Culture unlike say Sethrak and Vulpera.

- - - Updated - - -

My Faith was already lost in this game when blizzard ignored Warcraft 2 races in favor of having the same dull themes of Dwarven undercity like Dark Irons, and Same theme of Aztecs like Zandalari. Also let's not forget about asspull races of the generic blueberries themselves Void Elves. As for Ogres. Well no one wanted Ogres because the horde players act like spoilered rotten manchildren the demands pretty races instead of original races.

Since now that Fox people and Snake people are going to playable. I say the Warcraft Theme of being a True Fantasy is dead. In fact you might as call WoW a Final Fantasy Disney Cartoon Game instead of actually being about real fantasy races. God I miss Wildhammer Dwarves, Ogres, Forest Trolls, and High Elves. Yes original elves than boring blueberries....
    There have been snake races and vicious little scavenger races throughout fantasy settings since pretty much Fantasy has been a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    You're clearly not familiar with the concept of writing new lore.

They're not appeasing pop culture, they're just introducing new races that have some of you screeching because reasons. In the end, I'd say the creators of this game have authority on what fits and not. The Vulpera in particular fit like a glove with Vol'dun. Their story together with us as players, make them a perfect match as Allied race.
    That blizzard kool aid must taste delicious

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    That blizzard kool must taste delicious
    What an exceptionally well formulated post to better defend the "case" that you're making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    There have been snake races and vicious little scavenger races throughout fantasy settings since pretty much Fantasy has been a genre.
    Exactly.

Not to mention that Seth'rak and Vulpera play a big role in BfA, they're not like the Void Elves in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    as it is right now, Vulpera are just goblins with fur and tail. same skeleton, same animations etc. Well, they have a nice front flip jumping animation at least.
    They are distinctive enough though. The faces of Goblin and Vulpera are nothing alike. The number of polys have been singnificantly increased. They have unique sleep/get up animations, casting animations. Almost all goblin animations have been retouched. Tails don't clip through cape. Facial expressions have been added to all the animations as well. They have also their unique animation for holding the Heart of Azeroth, which atm is an exclusive animation only for the playable races.

Feel free to check out this wonderful summarization of all vulpera-related facts http://www.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-in-voldun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I don't want bloody fox people in WoW.

Neither do you or Blizzard.
    Yes I do and they are happening! Sorry, mate.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera on Blizzard Store for 25 bucks. Neutral Race where you pick your faction at 20 before you even log into the character.

its a goddamned GOLDMINE
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Through the Pandas do have a more interesting Culture unlike say Sethrak and Vulpera.
    Keep in mind that the pandaren had the whole new continent and 90% of its lore all about them. Vulpera and Sethrak share a single zone. That is a lot less what the pandaren had. Still a lot more than Void Elves.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Vulpera on Blizzard Store for 25 bucks. Neutral Race where you pick your faction at 20 before you even log into the character.

its a goddamned GOLDMINE
    Don't give them any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax
    dont get mad about some posts bro. I mean 20k on mmo champ lol what a pro. Is your pet retail job not panning out like you had hoped? Poor sweden
    How very classy, now he's sending private messages as well.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    One thing that I think is pretty percurliar is that they were recently given a JumpStart animation. That's something that would be weird to give a non-playable race (in addition to the Train emote with expressive faces).
    [Img]http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/guide/images/13508.jpg

I wonder if they'll get a unique dance animation...
    I'm not saying this is the case, but it could be that the Vulpera are a testing ground for new Goblin animations for when they update the Goblin models. Personally I hope they'll add the little guys (and the Sethrak!) in as Allied Races.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    I hope the Horde get these fox gypsies. However if Alliance get those ugly Sethrak I'm kinda super done with the game.
    That's quite possible. Blizzard said that if one faction feels like they lack savage and tough races and the other faction lacks a cute race, they will try to deliver them to rebalance things a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    That's quite possible. Blizzard said that if one faction feels like they lack savage and tough races and the other faction lacks a cute race, they will deliver them to rebalance things a little.
    I haven't kept up, have they actually put some more effort into the Seth'rak? Last time I saw them they were pretty one-dimensional in terms of expressions and customization etc.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    That's quite possible. Blizzard said that if one faction feels like they lack savage and tough races and the other faction lacks a cute race, they will try to deliver them to rebalance things a little.
    What is the cute race the Alliance got lately? The Kul'tirans or the Dark Irons? Oh you mean the void elves? Cute? They are cool but not cute. Let's accept that the void elves are cute, same thing goes for the nightborne. Horde is supposedly the less beautiful faction, despite all those pathetic horde fangirls who have 12 blood elves per realm. They should have the savage and/or animalistic rsces like they used to in vanilla. Now they got beautified orcs via posture, blood elves, nightborne and now are preaching for nathanos-esque forsaken, sanlayn, thr cute vulpera and undead elves.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

My Faith was already lost in this game when blizzard ignored Warcraft 2 races in favor of having the same dull themes of Dwarven undercity like Dark Irons, and Same theme of Aztecs like Zandalari. Also let's not forget about asspull races of the generic blueberries themselves Void Elves. As for Ogres. Well no one wanted Ogres because the horde players act like spoilered rotten manchildren the demands pretty races instead of original races.

Since now that Fox people and Snake people are going to playable. I say the Warcraft Theme of being a True Fantasy is dead. In fact you might as call WoW a Final Fantasy Disney Cartoon Game instead of actually being about real fantasy races. God I miss Wildhammer Dwarves, Ogres, Forest Trolls, and High Elves. Yes original elves than boring blueberries....
    Blizzard is just pathetic. They have made it apparent all they care is the Horde. From all points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I haven't kept up, have they actually put some more effort into the Seth'rak? Last time I saw them they were pretty one-dimensional in terms of expressions and customization etc.
    No, sadly. I don't think so. But they would be the most obvious choice when the Horde gets the Vulpera. The lack of expressions and customization options, basically no distinction between the male and the female Sethraks are all facts that go against this theory.

The mention about rebalancing the tough and cute races is from this interview though - https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

This information feels quite important to note.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-08-10 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    I'd love a Vulpera Hunter, with a couple of Krolusk pets!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    What is the cute race the Alliance got lately? The Kul'tirans or the Dark Irons? Oh you mean the void elves? Cute? They are cool but not cute. Let's accept that the void elves are cute, same thing goes for the nightborne. Horde is supposedly the less beautiful faction, despite all those pathetic horde fangirls who have 12 blood elves per realm. They should have the savage and/or animalistic rsces like they used to in vanilla. Now they got beautified orcs via posture, blood elves, nightborne and now are preaching for nathanos-esque forsaken, sanlayn, thr cute vulpera and undead elves.
    The exact quotation is "If we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn’t want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?". These are not my words.

So yeah, they used the word 'cool' as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue
    Most Likely: Priest, Mage
    On the bubble: Shaman, Monk
    Not Likely: Paladin, Druid, Warlock
    Not a Chance: Demon Hunter, Death Knight
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2018-08-10 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Switching one class.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Definitely: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue
    Most Likely: Priest, Mage
    On the bubble: Shaman, Monk
    What makes you think Mage is more likely than Shaman?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's fair. Balance is the key to everything. However, at the moment, the Horde due to blood elves & strong passives for 3 expansions made it so that many many good guilds merge to Horde because all the good and efficient demand is there. By serving them all the nice things on top of that will leave the Alliance stagnant. All I see is Horde right now and it has never ever happened on my full Alliance server.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    Tera is a game also. Go play that.
    ^THIS /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    Tera is a game also. Go play that.
    Tera is terrible though.

Rather have WoW's style and anthropomorphic animals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    ^THIS /10chars
    Guess you and him will have to find a different game without a fox race then?