10+ Year Old Account
    I WANNA PLAY!

but i don't know if i should come back (stopped playing mid legion) mainly because i normally end up buying every new expansion, playing for a week or 2, and leave the game again... >.>

Imho it makes sense to release it very close to launch, as that is when it would have the most relevance. Maybe it's part of stormsong anyway and it will unlock once people get to hentai mountain.

They really fucked up with Azshara. She has an almost lack of presence in launch despite being the big villain that leads into the tone/theme shift of the second half and being directly tied to Zul and Stormsong/Ashvane. It doesn't matter if she has a short or not.

BFA all on its own feels like half a story.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    BFA all on its own feels like half a story.
    I disagree. Both Kul Tiras and Zandalar have nice, self-contained stories that wrap up entirely Ally-side and almost completely after Uldir on Hordeside (with Rastakhan's condition being the one thing left unresolved, unless he dies in a cutscene). There's no timegating to finish the stories like Nighthold and all the remaining patches can do new stories that just happen to feature the Kul Tirans/Zandalari.

The problem is that Azshara is only very lightly present in both of these zones, ultimately just pulling the strings on the villains and showing up as a Darth Vader-esque hologram.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Just because they don't go through old zones and add azerite, which wouldn't make sense chronologically anyway, doesn't mean that storyline wise it doesn't start popping up there.
    Because EK and Kalimdor are old content, the story won't happen there. Playing make believe that EK is full of Azerite doesn't amount to much when nthe story and game will not show it in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no, not if.
    there is no if.

they straight up announced there will be one and showed us scenes.
    they are not gonna randomly scrap it after all those weeks of waiting.
    Patch 8.1 cutscene.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Patch 8.1 cutscene.
    "here are amazing animations coming in the next few weeks!.... except this one. that one is for 5 months in."

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Chris says he expects saurfang to kill sylvanas! He is with us!

the horde is about honor!
    too bad he don't write the lore anymore, an if he say that it prob the other way around who will happen

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I disagree. Both Kul Tiras and Zandalar have nice, self-contained stories that wrap up entirely Ally-side and almost completely after Uldir on Hordeside (with Rastakhan's condition being the one thing left unresolved, unless he dies in a cutscene). There's no timegating to finish the stories like Nighthold and all the remaining patches can do new stories that just happen to feature the Kul Tirans/Zandalari.

The problem is that Azshara is only very lightly present in both of these zones, ultimately just pulling the strings on the villains and showing up as a Darth Vader-esque hologram.
    8.1 will probably be to flesh out Azshara's role, culminating in the Nazjatar raid.

Considering both war campaigns are about sabotaging the other faction's fleet, I expect her to meddle with the naval battle that is coming.

I wonder what else will be in 8.1. I kind of expect some new islands between Zandalar and Kul Tiras (Crestfall and Zul'dare?)

(We probably will get 8.1 news at Gamescom this month...)
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the Azshara Warbringer is for the Azshara raid...when it comes out...

Do you think Blizzard will have more zone ending cinematics? Just curious is all etc...
    For the Horde!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    friday evening and still no sign of our tentacled queen.

this just sucks.
    At this point I'm guessing Azshara drops like a minute before expansion goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Probably the Azshara Warbringer is for the Azshara raid...when it comes out...

Do you think Blizzard will have more zone ending cinematics? Just curious is all etc...
    I imagine Zuldazar and Tiragarde will have one since both apparently end on a bombshell.

If there's some kind of meta-quest after finishing all 3 zones (I believe Horde's got something called "Zandalar Forever") that probably ends in a cutscene.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No queen Ursula today : ( We are the poor unfortunate souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    No queen Ursula today : ( We are the poor unfortunate souls.
    We really need a disney representation for Sylvie.. we need to complete the set!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if the Azshara warbringer short is lore heavy. It's odd it's not out yet.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    8.1 will probably be to flesh out Azshara's role, culminating in the Nazjatar raid.
    I just wish it all wasn't so obvious.

With night elves on the brink of extinction and void elves already learning about the void, it would be much more fun if Azshara offered to help them destroy the Horde.

Granted I'd always say that the NE would NEVER trust or side with her again but... to destroy Sylvanas now? I'm not so sure. Plus what if the NE do accept her request, but the rest of the Alliance refuse? then we could actually have some Alliance drama that's not just reacting to the Horde
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We really need a disney representation for Sylvie.. we need to complete the set!
    Not quite as close as Elsa and Ursula are, but so far Sylvanas seems most like Maleficent to me. Nathanos is her raven pet/lieutenant Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's obvious really...

FROLLO!

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to remember....Blizzard is US based...going on PST....not your time. It just now hit noon....there are hours left in the day...quit being doomsday sayers.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    People need to remember....Blizzard is US based...going on PST....not your time. It just now hit noon....there are hours left in the day...quit being doomsday sayers.
    Others have been released around the same time I think, which was much earlier. They came out around 4 pm here, and today it's already 8pm so I don't know : s

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's obvious really...

FROLLO!

Honestly I see a lot more Zul in him.

I'm all for the Maleficent comp for Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    The other two have been out by the time I wake up at (adjusted) 9AM Blizz Time.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)