Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Updated loading screens. That’s a raid tier right there!
    RIP Ray D. Tear Junior.

Loading screen artwork should be accesible by addons, or simply placed in a folder like fonts.

I'm fine with them updating them every now and then, but, since they haven't done so for several expansions, they might as well let the players use their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    What I mean is there are so many more glaring flaws in the game that simply mentioning loading screen art means your priorities are messed up.
    This is 2018, you're supposed to have the game on a SSD and use the short loading screen time to click on the next episode of whatever you binge watch on nextflix on your secondary monitor to take your mind off the grind, effectively making the loading screen images meaningless.

Also, they are loading screen, they are not part of the world, loading screen are what breaks immersion because it's a disconnect from the universe. Someone with their priorities straight doesn't care about the loading screens, it could be a screenshot of mortal kombat and it wouldn't matter.
    That is your opinion. And you are entitled to it. It is ok if you don't care. Just don't insult other people based on your own opinions. As far as I am concerned
    everything that happens after I pass the login screen is part of the world. Period.

I know, trash expansion. Shit-tier loading screens!...What other buzz words could I use to make something trivial sound important? Oh right. Lazy devs have known about this for months and did nothing!

Am I doing it right?

They stopped updating those loading screens a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    What bothers me is that a lot of loading screens are still squares, instead of rectangulars like our screens are nowadays.
    Even the map is a square still... sort of
    Who uses fullscreen map?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They stopped updating those loading screens a long time ago.
    They were actually very spot on after the Fall of the Lich King patch. Put Bolvar instead of Arthas in the loading screen asap.
    They were prepared back then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I know, trash expansion. Shit-tier loading screens!...What other buzz words could I use to make something trivial sound important? Oh right. Lazy devs have known about this for months and did nothing!

Am I doing it right?
    No you don't

the loading screens are accordingly to the zones and the xpac the zones come with. since this is for cataclysm (world revamp) its right. varian was king in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    That is your opinion. And you are entitled to it. It is ok if you don't care. Just don't insult other people based on your own opinions. As far as I am concerned
    everything that happens after I pass the login screen is part of the world. Period.
    I'm a game dev too. Loading screens are always very low in the priority list because they are factually less important than almost everything else in the game, that's why many games have a black screen with almost nothing in it or some lame background pattern or colors what don't mean much with the game itself.

It's not an opinion, what I said is a fact. What you said is an opinion and you are free to see loading screens as important, it doesn't change the fact that in an unbiased reality, loading screens are not that important.

...It's a fucking loading screen. lol

Hadn't noticed it honestly. Would like it changed though, that one always sucked compared to the Kalimdor one anyway. Won't loose sleep if it doesn't though.
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

They're not going to make a new loading screen for a continent that is only relevant for the first ten minutes of BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

Na, if you step into Stormwind castle as a level 1 toon, it's Anduin sitting on the throne.
    Oh interesting, thank you. This game has so much timeline weirdness going on with it. I would be confused as hell as a new player now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mstone7781 View Post
    Oh interesting, thank you. This game has so much timeline weirdness going on with it. I would be confused as hell as a new player now lol.
    The problem is that the old world is stuck in Cataclysm, but players aren't required to do raids for story, so when they changed Orgrimmar following Siege of Orgrimmar, they put Vol'Jin in as warchief so that quests involving "reporting to the warchief" didn't tell you that the wrong person was warchief. Sylvanas would have been fine if Broken Shore were mandatory for levelling (I haven't reached Legion since the beginning so I don't know if that's the case), but they'd established a precedent that the Warchief in Orgrimmar should be the current one. It'd be nice at least if they'd phase Grommash Hold while levelling to prevent this weirdness.
    Ideally they'd add a small story cutscene when you outlevel an expansion, but that would be a lot of work to benefit only new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll miss that derpy Varian face when it's gone, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Remember when they used to change the Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms loading screens each expansion?

I feel like this expansion would make it kinda important... o_o

This forum needs upvote buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, at this point the screen should only be Anduin and Genn in the warmest of embraces.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Loading screen artwork should be accesible by addons, or simply placed in a folder like fonts.

I'm fine with them updating them every now and then, but, since they haven't done so for several expansions, they might as well let the players use their own.
    This definitely used to be possible because back in Wrath (I think?), I had replaced some of mine. Dunno if it's against the EULA or ToS or whatever or if it's still possible though.

OT: I imagine they'll update the screens once BfA is over and the dust has settled with all of the warchief and faction war stuff. No point in updating them now if they're just going to need to update them again at the end of the expansion, or potentially even a few patches in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should probably change, but honestly, I don't care.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

It was this way all of Legion..... and now we say something??

Plus its this way when you level a character no? Still back in Cataclysm days?