Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I disagree greatly. I did the BFA pre-patch event on two characters and it was a short questline that was dragged out by time gating.

Legions pre-patch event had me playing ALL of my characters; even the ones I haven't played in years! The epic feeling you got when flying from boss-to-boss in all the zones assaulted by the Legion. That's hard to top. Not to mention the extremely fun WotLK event!

It's among the worst for me.

The novellas are good but the in game story we were presented with was severely lacking.

The quest chain was short and lacked crucial details from the novellas.

The actual quest where we're saving civilians was done very well but much of the rest, not so much.

It's above BC which I think was just the demons coming out of the dark portal? But Wrath's plague event is still the best ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good pre-patch. I am just sad there was no achievement for completing the Darkshore scenario and assault of Lorderan.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Two words.

Scourge

Invasion.

It was the worst. Way more issues than previous launches. Pile of quality of life changes made solely to slow us down. Timegated content, which had barely any. And the expansion isn't looking any better. In fact, it looks cheaper than some pre-patch/7.2 type of patch.

Legion was way more fun.

5+ Year Old Account
    This was my first pre patch, at it was amazing and good. The only problem but maybe its because its my first prepatch its that all my core raiders just got vacations, so we couldnt end Antorus mythic, everyone dissapeared LUL so yeah.
    The reward mounts are awesome, but honestly i would love to have those fancy armors of Legion prepatch but oh well.

Wouldn't call it the best ever, as I liked the Legion one better, but it's certainly close.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    0/10

-genocide is not entertainment (well, maybe to some really sick people)
    -a set of boring world quests doesn't make an exciting "event", we had world quests all the time in Legion
    -the Lordaeron scenario was just embarrassingly stupid, no matter from which side you look at it

I did the whole ordeal once. I have a dozen maxlevel toons, I don't intend to repeat it on any of them.
    While i don't mind genocide happens in the game, i just think Blizzard pretty much forced the entire story. Not to mention that ridiculous entrance of Jaina and Alleria. I think i died a bit inside by all that plot convenience to force the alliance win. Yes, Sylvannas got away, but the alliance pretty much won that battle in my opinion.

All of the leaders of the horde are rational people, yet the hypothetical chance that Darnassus could help in the development of weapons made them all agree to go on an all out war to save the horde. There is a contradiction here.

Why are every race so dead set on being part of the horde anyway? The faction doesn't make sense anymore.

Well, Blizzard pretty much screwed all their horde named characters to force this conflict on the game. It's truly a shame they couldn't write this better. Gilneas or gnomes actually developing weapons and attacking them instead for example, instead of attacking based on a hypothetical. How fucking difficult would that be?

And no, a plot is not good just because people get engaged in it. It might be good for Blizzard and good for the game because bad pr can be good pr, but for us who have played the game for so long, a contrived and stupid plot that changes personalities on this magnitude is a terrible thing.
    Last edited by Stormwolf64; 2018-08-11 at 12:49 AM.

I dunno a lot of people praise zombie apocalypse prepatch thing and it sounds much more fun from what I have heard.

As someone who's been around for all of them, I have to disagree.

Very mediocre to bad questline, leading to a decent but short scenario. Doesn't top any of the events that lasted weeks (Quests + Scenario can be done in 1 to 2 hrs) and have created a multitude of great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The prepatch revived world pvp and faction pride
    Really? I feel even less motivated.

It had us immersed in the story
    The story brought out several emotions from both sides and many types of different players
    In one small piece of it, sure.

We’ve hadn’t had this many characters in lore showing up for events like this since WotLK
    Just events in general? Plenty of them. Too many to count.

You feel like you’re to blame for this destruction but also some of it is a guility pleasure
    NO AND NO TO BOTH OF THOSE THINGS. Do not speak for me.

Cinematics were unpredictable (Did we expect Jaina to use the boat to fire missiles like that?)
    No but... okay?

Everyone had a reason to participate
    Because there was nothing else to do, plus limited time mount.

The story changes the landscape (finally) and shifts the story forward having you think what can we replace that has been lost with what?
    "Finally" when this has been happening since LK as far as I can remember (Wrathgate being the first event I recall doing that).

The only cons are the story rewards. They should’ve been unique beside the mounts ofc and a FoS would be nice.
    Lol at complaining about the rewards when the rest of your post was nothing but bull.

Overall, besides the cutscenes and story progression, this has definitely been the WORST pre-expansion content. The quests themselves were boring as shit and again, besides the story stuff, none of this will be remembered in the future. It won't be like LK's scourge event or even BC's grinding for Haunted Mementos and other neat things.

You know it's bad when besides the new content, which I quickly did both sides of each of the two weeks, I've barely been logged on at all, with an expansion coming in under 72h.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2018-08-11 at 02:50 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Completely disagree. I want to see more events like Legion's, BfA was a dud.

I'm so out of things to do that I've started FISHING. FISHING.

I mean come on.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-08-11 at 09:58 AM.