Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I do find demo fun in therms of mechanics, but i find it very simplistic due to lack of keys to press.
    Then you are using the wrong talents for button mashing. With all the short-mid duration cooldowns and MC procs, I think I'm back to about as many as MoP. I was certainly scratching my head over binds, and immediately got my old Naga out for extra space.

These are usually simmed undertuned, because they tend to work better in non-patchwork scenarios where you can make use of burst windows while you regenerate during downtime.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2018-08-10 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    I do find demo fun in therms of mechanics, but i find it very simplistic due to lack of keys to press.

I know, i know, i can choose soul strike to add an extra key but it doesnt feel satisfying to me to press. And yes i know aswell that a lot of keys doesn't necessarily make a rotation fun.

It feels it lacks something to give it more "oomph". Demonic tyrant at a lower cooldown ? vile fiend at a much lower cooldown to make it rotional like 20s CD? Also AOE feels a little ackwards. Implosion is fun to watch but it feels you are trading your resources for little added damage, taking into account you will lose damage afterwards from the sacrifice. Perhaps increase the 10% to 20% to gain a demonic core proc and an extra 20% damage to make it more spicy ?

Surely it's just a rambling, but it feels to me the spec IS fun most of the time, but lacks the finishing blow to make it realy rewarding and i'm not realy sure it's just a extra 5% or 10% overall damage that fixes it for the long run.

But hey, i'm just a newbie. I'm in this game just for fun after 15 years playing, perhaps what matters is just performance in max level sheets, so ignore me if i'm off.

I would agree implosion feels weird but on aoe packs last night trying to get used to the new aoe rotation it actually was doing pretty solid damage. I don't think consistent aoe is going to be our strength this expansion but I was bursting and able to hold it decently well. I do agree if feels a bit odd like after you hand of gul'dan you have to wait a beat to cast it because you have to make sure they are fully materialized before hitting implosion or the new ones don't go.

5% hahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Straight buffs like this tend to show that they dont know what to fix... so just buff the whole spec><

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Straight buffs like this tend to show that they dont know what to fix... so just buff the whole spec><
    Or they just need to move everything up when the rest works fine together.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Or they just need to move everything up when the rest works fine together.
    The cleave and non existant aoe are not fine

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    The cleave and non existant aoe are not fine
    They are also entirely independent from low damage. They could add great cleave and AoE but still have bad DPS because the numbers across the board are to low. Still no where near "they don't know what to fix".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Nerf Nerf Nerf Nerf

2 weeks later

5%
    Check my achievements bruh.

I personally find the spec a blast to play, rotation feels solid for ST, but AoE is lacking. Implosion can put out some insane burst (when the stars align) but otherwise just feels clunky. We also lack any form of AoE for fast movement.

What the spec needs is an AoE soul shard builder, that is either a really short cast time but allow movement or even better, instant cast. Some form of cast while moving would also go along way to helping the spec with single target.

Over all mobility is pretty poor and we don't seem to have much in the way to compensate for that, either through improved survivability or higher damage.

5% of nothing is still _____?

NOTHING!

Single target with war mode ON and master summoner+pleasure through pain with my succy and 235 IL... 2.8k dps after the "buff". With soul of the netherlord for extra soul conduit and grimoire felguard.

Without pvp talent + felguard my dps is 2.3k, too low.

In PVP damage is totally garbage.

I hope they reverse some huge nerf and give us a decent damage for this spec. I like the new demo but the lack of damage is absurd.
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-08-11 at 10:10 AM.

2.4k on my shitty 215 ilvl with wilfred's and and inner demons, "warmode lolsuccubus spec" is 2.7k dps. Not much but at least it's an improvement from the numbers I got before buff.

You can always go affliction and burst upwards of 4k and stay above 3.2k for most of the time

On a spec with far better sustained aoe and cleave, not to mention movement.

I prefer demo purely because it's the single fun warlock spec that doesn't feel like a Legion spec that forgot the artifact quest (although affliction got imo far better changes than destruction to clean up the talents).

Destruction could have all the numbers in the world, but its talent tree is still bland garbage and the baseline kit, especially for aoe and movement, is pretty bad. RoF has been in need of re-evaluation for a while and they've completely refused to fix its heavy flaws.

i like new demon, really. Maybe they can change the mastery and give a % of damage to te caster to compensate the very low damage.

Or change some spell in PVP situation, would be great.

@Lucrece

For now. Afflic has great scalling but it is weaker in the start of an expac, but you're well aware of that.

But if we want to highlight some spec for burst, shouldn't we highlight destro then? Gaidax was proudly boasting his burst window all over beta, destro is pretty simple atm to play and yield great results.

I feel like you're giving afflic too much credit and not enough for destro.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I really enjoy Demo but I worry for it, I think I'll have it as an alt and go Rogue main for BfA.

Demon is going to be solid, they put a LOT of work into the spec for it to be wasted before they even give it a chance.

It's just Blizzard's tunning has improved so much that they use the scappel now. It will be almost like WoD when all 3 specs had fights they could shine or overall be playable in any.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I'd have to agree that destro's talents and aoe kit leave a lot to be desired.

I think the base kit for ST / cleave is good (though I still strongly feel certain more nuanced bits need to go back to mop's designs) it just needs some stuff to spice it up as its very bare bones. What destro's talents do in that regard is... eh.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'd have to agree that destro's talents and aoe kit leave a lot to be desired.

I think the base kit for ST / cleave is good (though I still strongly feel certain more nuanced bits need to go back to mop's designs) it just needs some stuff to spice it up as its very bare bones. What destro's talents do in that regard is... eh.
    That's about the opinion I've come around to too. I was describing Destro to a guild mate last night as "skeletal". The core structure of the spec is intact but there's no meat on the bones. I put the fault squarely on the talents. They just don't do anything meaningful or interesting.

Which is really a shame, because using Demo the last couple weeks I've been noticing its flaws. Oh, the single target rotation feels great. You're mixing cooldowns with imp swarms and it's a lot of fun. But the target swapping is terrible and the AoE from Felstorm and Implosion feels really imprecise. Still, it's better than Destro is right now, and Afflic is pure plate spinning which I never liked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction actually somehow ended with a very strong kit. Burst AoE, Supremacy, Cleave. This ticks a lot of boxes.

Mechanically its only real weaknesses are sustained AoE and mobility and sustained AoE is a very niche thing really. Mobility is a pain in the ass though.