Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Yeah never got that... did the ones that stayed high elfs just not want to respect the fallen? :s
    Hmm I always thought that they were .. you know.. elsewhere when Arthas/Gary happened.
    Elves permeated the human kingdom so not all of them were directly affected by either Arthas or Garithos. Subsequently, the BE#s would have already been to outland and unreachable by the time they got the news.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    There are no High elves. Only blood elves. They ranamed themselves in honor to those who perished when Arthas invaded Quelthalas. It was done with permission of the last prince.

If they think they are still high elves and not blood elves, then they literally show a middle finger to those who fell to the scourge and dont give a fuck about the order of their last prince. If so, they deserve the extinction for being scum.
    They are all High Elves. That is what their race is. A faction of them renamed themselves Blood Elves, and those not part of that group continued to be called High Elves. Just like the Draenei are still Eredar, and the Highborne are still Night Elves. Their ""last prince"" was a traitor who tried to get them addicted to fel magic and sold out to the Legion. But yeah, better obey all of that guy's decisions, it sure worked out for the Sunfury.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Subsequently, the high elven kingdom was brought to the brink of annihilation when Prince Arthas Menethil invaded the country, and slew almost 90% of the high elves. Rallied by Lor'themar Theron, second-in-command of the fallen Sylvanas Windrunner, the high elves rejoined with Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider, and were proclaimed the blood elves, in honor of their perished brethren.https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf
    That's nice. There is still plenty of High elves left. Vereesa Windrunner for example. Or the (former) Silver conenant.

Here we go again with the usual suspect high elf fanboys that will get this thread to 300 pages aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Here we go again with the usual suspect high elf fanboys that will get this thread to 300 pages aswell
    First world problems. Entering thread he doesnt care about and crying about its existence.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Atleast check your lore if you want to act smug.
    I'm not saying they're one in the same, but they're pretty much what High Elves were in their past society.Their cultural heritage is relatively the same, adapt in the arcane, love for magic, superiority complex. Sorry if that didn't click with you from my original post.

I know they aren't one in the same, but Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei are basically the renmants of High Elven society while the Elves of the Silver Covenant are kind of something else entirely. I don't think they get enough proper exposure and development as a race to warrant a description of what they're now.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2018-08-11 at 10:45 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    High Elves are actually Quel'Dorei. They might not be distinct enough to warrant being an Alliance race, but there still is a distinction.
    I know, but they're relatively the same. Love for magic, high standards of living, thinking they're above others. They're pretty much the same, minus the blue eyes.

I'm not saying they're exactly High Elves, but they're versions of them. Or rather they're what made up the High Elven society in the past.

Yea, but big super duper designer Ian Slackerkostaz would have to actually have to care about the Alliance and put effort into it.

With Void Elves, on other hand, Blizzard gets to be overly protective of Blood Elf ego, put no resources in any form of narrative or content AND still play the "nice guy" by saying "we just gave you what you wanted! ARENT YOU THANKFUL!!!111!!"

Void Elves were the most meaningless middle finger ever given to the Alliance.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf View Post
    People wanted?! Bullshit. I didn't play on retail when MoP was announced already, but I remember clear as if it was yesterday how much people hated it from reading same mmo-champ among other sites. And they specifically hated pandas as well. How they BEGGED blizzard to say this is all just a joke. Alas... It's that fucking ghostcrawler who loved pandas to extent of fucking game up for everyone completely by including them as a playable race. And for BOTH factions to make it a double insult.

Yes, people in fact wanted them. The crowd was more in favor of them back in the RTS days when the April Fools joke was actually released. They were cannon since the WC3 days where Chen Stormstout helped in the founding of Durotar. That's where many of the Brewmaster abilities came from by the way. So technically, they were a thing even before Ghost Crawler was a major player (he worked as a GM back in vanilla). It just wasn't until Mists of Pandaria that they actually got fleshed out. I do have to agree with you about the both factions thing though. That was a little weird, but I understand where they were coming from as Pandaren would lean more Horde since one of their main lore characters literally helped found the Horde capital and they didn't have many ideas that would fit the Alliance (Specially since they disavowed Naga as a playable race).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I'm saying they're pretty much the same. Cultural heritage is relatively the same, adapt in the arcane, love for magic. Pretty much the same
    Then why are nightborne even horde race, if blood elves already fill the theme?

They shouldn't have implemented blood elves to the horde in the first place. Everything else after was only an improvement.

Also you're pretty late with this topic.

Because high elves are established alliance race, which is represented in various events in WoW. If BfA is about faction war, then we should bring races we are allied with. Such as high elves, dark iron dwarves, wildhammers, broken draenei.. Not some asspulls we never heard of.
    Oh I understand completely about who they are - but it's pretty clear Blizzard wanted races to have differences after Pandaren given that the best compromise they could find is the Light-Shadow juxtaposition of Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves for the Alliance. It seems Blizzard didn't want to do "Blood elves but with blue eyes" for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    They are...hell even a freaking raid boss in suramar saw 3 different species....
    As above, I know the difference. Why would high elves be more than just blood elves playable on Alliance side with blue eyes? How would there be a story to recruit their race to the Alliance if they're already a very established faction of it? My only thoughts are that Blizzard could have added more story to Alleria with 7.3 and how she ties in to the void elves so that they could have been more compelling.

Love void elves ... but you probably see a lot of them because they'll be OP as healers due to racial.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Nah you're not alone. I see more void elves than gnomes, dwarfes and worgen combined nowadays (and my main is a void elf :P )
    I'm sad they can't be dks. I'd race change my main in a second lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why are nightborne even horde race, if blood elves already fill the theme?
    I'm not saying they're one in the same, but they're pretty much what High Elves were in their past society.Their cultural heritage is relatively the same, adapt in the arcane, love for magic, superiority complex. Sorry if that didn't click with you from my original post.

I know they aren't one in the same, but Shal'dorei and Sin'dorei are basically the renmants of High Elven society while the Elves of the Silver Covenant are kind of something else entirely. I don't think they get enough proper exposure and development as a race to warrant a description of what they're now.

^^^Edited my reply to you btw
    ^^^

I don't know, ask Blizzard. They appeared to have a thing for Elves for allied races. I'm hoping for a conflict between the Elven races or some type of civil war or maybe "Make the Elven Empire Great AGAIN" lol. But I'm not sure, its just a thing that happened and I'm along for whatever ride

Elves are a mistake, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You know what else was a big fat mistake? Pandaren.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

The stats agree with you. Along with Goblins, gnomes and dwarves. People don't like playing short classes I suppose? Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posts a character from BC(over a decade ago) as proof before they nailed this down at the end of Legion and BFA. Ok.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade076 View Post
    I like the void elves, but I'd agree with not adding them. Other that Alleria's questline the Argussian Reach seemed to point to adding The Krokul Broken as an allied race. Imo the alliance should have just had highelves in Burning Crusade. In WC3 the blood elves were near extinction, yet in WoW we see 3 major factions of blood elves, two groups of highelves, and a subfaction of Void Elves.

Since they just made up the silvermoon remnant for burning crusade I would have just left them highelves and put them on alliance and had them go to war with the bloodelves of outland who were using fel. Then give the horde Ogres which would have additionally fit the return to outland theme
    Nah high elves should hsve died.. blood elves were already a thing in warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    My problem with Void Elves is that, just like Worgen, they feel more like a class than a race. I mean, they are basically Blood Elves who banded together because they wanted to study the Void. Then they got Void powers. Why would they resort to anything else if they are all about the Void at this point?

In a perfect world, both of these races should be their own classes IMO.
    Blizzard D&D Basic: Because we wanted races to be your classes.

That said, I don't think limiting a class to 1 race would be that good, especially since:
    - That class would ONLY appear on one faction
    - If you don't like the race, tough shit, you can either pick another class or deal with it (I already have this problem with a few classes in WoW. Druid and Demon Hunter are especially nasty with this).
    - Would a race actually have enough stuff to define a class? Also how would you differentiate between Void Elves/Worgen who use cloth vs those who use plate?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.