Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

The stats agree with you. Along with Goblins, gnomes and dwarves. People don't like playing short classes I suppose? Lol.
    This already makes vulpera a shit race.. who knew!

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinMatt View Post
    Oh I understand completely about who they are - but it's pretty clear Blizzard wanted races to have differences after Pandaren given that the best compromise they could find is the Light-Shadow juxtaposition of Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves for the Alliance. It seems Blizzard didn't want to do "Blood elves but with blue eyes" for the Alliance.

As above, I know the difference. Why would high elves be more than just blood elves playable on Alliance side with blue eyes? How would there be a story to recruit their race to the Alliance if they're already a very established faction of it? My only thoughts are that Blizzard could have added more story to Alleria with 7.3 and how she ties in to the void elves so that they could have been more compelling.
    They are not just blue eyes. If you look at most ingame. High elves are a lot more pale. Have white almost DK blond hair. And they could have added something else ( like with the lightforged) to them. ( or do this to void elves). ( taliasin has a good video about it).

2nd part: because they are not a allied race. And they have always been for the alliance. But never full out fought for them in war.

3th part: No. The story was weak for most of the allied races. It could have been better. But the looks are also a problem. They are just high elves throw in blue ink. They look like a texture mistake.

extra note: It would also add a cool race to the alliance. We have a lot of qwerky races in the alliance. A cool nice one would have been nice. Humans could have used a other "normal" cool race next to them. Instead of something silly. Only kinda cool thing is Dark irons. Kul tirans are just a fat, ugly joke...just like their druid forms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post

^^^Edited my reply to you btw
    ^^^

I don't know, ask Blizzard. They appeared to have a thing for Elves for allied races. I'm hoping for a conflict between the Elven races or some type of civil war or maybe "Make the Elven Empire Great AGAIN" lol. But I'm not sure, its just a thing that happened and I'm along for whatever ride
    There could be nice conflict even without void elves. Just look at liberation of Suramar. Blood elven, night elven and high elven armies helped Thalyssra liberate the city and then nightborne joined the horde. It would be cool to see Blood elves and nightborne vs night elves and high elves, who would feel betrayed after helping the nightborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Posts a character from BC(over a decade ago) as proof before they nailed this down at the end of Legion and BFA. Ok.
    How did they nail it down?Even in latest expansion - legion, Elisande speaks to quel dorei as different kind of elves.. I really dont know what you are talking about... Every npc in wow aknowledges differences between high and blood elves.
    Last edited by mmoc09bcb5d61f; 2018-08-11 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...cters-by-race/

The stats agree with you. Along with Goblins, gnomes and dwarves. People don't like playing short classes I suppose? Lol.
    That's actually looking pretty good for the Pandaren. They're at 5%+ even though they've been only added in MoP (at a time where WoW has Long passed its peak). Also considering that most of the far older races are at 6-8% this indicates that the Pandaren are quite popular.

Deleted
    Blizzard should give void elves like 1 generic blonde hair color and 1 generic white skin option and everyone would be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because there aren't topics already full of whining about this.

o wait
    I feel like we have come full circle or maybe slammed back in time 5 months ago
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    My problem with Void Elves is that, just like Worgen, they feel more like a class than a race. I mean, they are basically Blood Elves who banded together because they wanted to study the Void. Then they got Void powers. Why would they resort to anything else if they are all about the Void at this point?

In a perfect world, both of these races should be their own classes IMO.
    I've been saying that since Worgens were released.

"I have fallen to the worgen curse. I have superhuman strength, sharp fangs and claws.....hand me my sword!" It's ridiculous.

They should have just given High Elves solely because they are no different than Void Elves, just that Void Elves feel as stupid as the Worgens do as a race.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Void Elves should have NEVER been added as a race. They are a subrace of Blood Elves who just got void powers. If anything they should have been made into a CLASS not a freakin race.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Blizz should have implemented high elves instead. It would have been perfect. Boy did Blizz mess this one up...
    High elves are like a big waste of time, just accept it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    They are not just blue eyes. If you look at most ingame. High elves are a lot more pale. Have white almost DK blond hair. And they could have added something else ( like with the lightforged) to them. ( or do this to void elves). ( taliasin has a good video about it).
    Yeah i agree with those physical differences. I dont know if it is still canon, but i remember reading about blood elves having more redish skin tones, being more sinister due to feeding on fel energy from demons. But also i remember retcon, that blood elves fed on any magical creature, not just demons. And that they used fel crystals to rebuild their cities somehow.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    doesn't change the fact that blood elfs ARE high elfs .. just changed duo the sunwell... what did u say to another about acting smug?

Quote Originally Posted by Andoras View Post
    Yeah i agree with those physical differences. I dont know if it is still canon, but i remember reading about blood elves having more redish skin tones, being more sinister due to feeding on fel energy from demons. But also i remember retcon, that blood elves fed on any magical creature, not just demons. And that they used fel crystals to rebuild their cities somehow.
    Watch the suramar thing from elisandra. You can clearly see the difference blizzard wanted in legion. And yes on the second part.

here: ( man i link this video 1001 times to proof blizzard themselves think they are 2 different races)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    doesn't change the fact that blood elfs ARE high elfs .. just changed duo the sunwell... what did u say to another about acting smug?
    Yes and void elves are blood elves. Liadrin is void elf right? Because all thalassian elves are same.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post

2nd part: because they are not a allied race. And they have always been for the alliance. But never full out fought for them in war.

3th part: No. The story was weak for most of the allied races. It could have been better. But the looks are also a problem. They are just high elves throw in blue ink. They look like a texture mistake.

extra note: It would also add a cool race to the alliance. We have a lot of qwerky races in the alliance. A cool nice one would have been nice. Humans could have used a other "normal" cool race next to them. Instead of something silly. Only kinda cool thing is Dark irons. Kul tirans are just a fat, ugly joke...just like their druid forms.
    While I hear what you're saying, if you look at it from Blizzard's perspective, they're clearly wanting to explore the Void more and more. I bet they were banking on Quel'dorei around the time of that cinematic you've been linking, but used Alleria/the void elves as a way to do more than just a smaller visual change on the blood elves.

Would high elves be more expected and "normal"? Probably, and that's likely why Blizzard opted for fleshing out lore with distinct new characters. At any rate, you don't have to play them.

You don't deserve high elfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This forum says "implemented" so often that it stops sounding like a word.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    My problem with Void Elves is that, just like Worgen, they feel more like a class than a race. I mean, they are basically Blood Elves who banded together because they wanted to study the Void. Then they got Void powers. Why would they resort to anything else if they are all about the Void at this point?

In a perfect world, both of these races should be their own classes IMO.
    Yes, there is an element of class that could have gone for them too, Illidari could have been a demon elf sub-race too. But was a class, if you look at it a certain way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    They shouldn't have implemented Void Elves OR High Elves.
    Why not? High elves were on very high demand, so blizzard decided to give a version as void elves. I wasn't too impressed about it at first, but I've warmed a bit to them.

My theory is that the pale skin elf needs to stay horde because it is the human equivalent on the horde. At least until a forsaken sub-race comes along that looks human (butr hopefully uses a different model altogether), at least until then, pale skinned elves will be horde exclusive necessitating the alliance to have had the purple versions.

They had no problem giving horde purple elves too though, it was either favoritism, or else they felt no other allied race could feel an equal to the void elves, so made an exception. However I'm not so sure lightforged draenei would not have worked just as well, they are pale skinned draenei afterall and filled a niche the horde doesn't have, just as nightborne were exactly what the night elves needed but not the horde who already had blood elves in that role and function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Yes, there is an element of class that could have gone for them too, Illidari could have been a demon elf sub-race too. But was a class, if you look at it a certain way.

Why not? High elves were on very high demand, so blizzard decided to give a version as void elves. I wasn't too impressed about it at first, but I've warmed a bit to them.

My theory is that the pale skin elf needs to stay horde because it is the human equivalent on the horde. At least until a forsaken sub-race comes along that looks human (butr hopefully uses a different model altogether), at least until then, pale skinned elves will be horde exclusive necessitating the alliance to have had the purple versions.

They had no problem giving horde purple elves too though, it was either favoritism, or else they felt no other allied race could feel an equal to the void elves, so made an exception. However I'm not so sure lightforged draenei would not have worked just as well, they are pale skinned draenei afterall and filled a niche the horde doesn't have, just as nightborne were exactly what the night elves needed but not the horde who already had blood elves in that role and function.
    The model and lore should have remained exclusively with the Horde. Giving the Alliance a knock-off version devalues what the Horde has, taking away part of the faction's individuality. The Alliance should have gotten Broken Draenei instead.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz should delete all elves
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

I’m over the High Elf thing. This is clearly the best the Alliance will get and tbh i’m fine with it. The only thing that’s weird about it to me is the whole Void aspect of them feels ... out of place? Like I’ve embraced the void and its power, but I’m a hunter. What does that mean exactly? It’s kinda weird, unless you play a shadow priest then it’s perfect :P