Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    You will be just putzing around in Orgrimmar or wherever and all the sudden you get a message.
    I've been keeping myself majority spoiler-free for this expansion. But I want to guess that bronzebeard send another talking Crystal at you like the other time
    Best to leave this thread now

Quote Originally Posted by Archeye View Post
    Hey, I'm not talking about if the servers go down to a bad launch, so can we get on point please? The question was how it would physically transition, so please stop complaining about past launches, that's not the question.
    Like with legion the update is already on the servers and your PC. All they do is flip a switch an enable the quest. If you're logged in while they flip the switch you probably have to log out and back in like you have to log out and back in when your character hits lvl98 and you want to start legion or your character hits 110 and you want to start the BFA pre-launch event.

As for the starter quest, it doesn't start in Silithus. Silithus questline was end-of-legion content and on a new character the game doesn't send you to Silithus anymore (just leveled a character to do the BFA pre-event). BFA starts after the battle of lordaeron (which will be ramoved with the launch of BFA). So for the Horde you go to Stormwind to free Saurfang, and for Alliance you go to Kul'Tiras with Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Like with legion the update is already on the servers and your PC. All they do is flip a switch an enable the quest. If you're logged in while they flip the switch you probably have to log out and back in like you have to log out and back in when your character hits lvl98 and you want to start legion or your character hits 110 and you want to start the BFA pre-launch event.

As for the starter quest, it doesn't start in Silithus. Silithus questline was end-of-legion content and on a new character the game doesn't send you to Silithus anymore (just leveled a character to do the BFA pre-event). BFA starts after the battle of lordaeron (which will be ramoved with the launch of BFA). So for the Horde you go to Stormwind to free Saurfang, and for Alliance you go to Kul'Tiras with Jaina.
    Thank you for the full breakdown of information. Just to clarify, when the Horde go to Stormwind, I assume that will be via a portal from Orgrimmar where we will start the quest? Probably a portal from Isabella again?
    Quote Originally Posted by NGRazor
    If Russia suddenly put Satan in charge of their nukes and then they sent hellfire down on the Untied States, don't you think the U.S. would be pretty damn pissed when Russia said "well, we didn't know Satan would betray us."

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post

This is wrong about the silithus part. I just logged into beta with a copy and it gave me the quest (in silithus) to talk to magni at silithus. STOP SAYING DONT BE IN SILITHUS ITS BEST TO BE.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Pls no.
    I hope that I get to play for a decent amount of time on Monday, and I took Tuesday off of work to really get ahead. But they're planning a global launch that is going to funnel the player base into Silithus(however temporarily). I would 100% not be surprised if shit hit the proverbial fan.

The horde quest will take horde to Stormwind to release "VIP" and from there you will go to zuldazar. It will be scenario so no playing with other people either. So if you are horde, you dont have to go to silithus.

No idea if alliance has to.

Edit. You can get Heart of Azeroth before the expansion release in monday. it was stated by blues before. That's prolly why some people are thinking that you have to be in silithus.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-08-12 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    The horde quest will take horde to Stormwind to release "VIP" and from there you will go to zuldazar. It will be scenario so no playing with other people either. So if you are horde, you dont have to go to silithus.

No idea if alliance has to.
    Again this is wrong, it was changed months ago you do silithus first then the scenarios. BOTH horde and alliance do it this way. I log on both an alliance and horde in beta just now to make sure. The quest line is A Dying World, you will just be given the quest no matter were you are in the game.

I expect not to play until Wednesday at 8PM EST.

It will be interesting to see what happens. During a recent Beta simulation "launch" event, the entire population was disconnected when they "flipped the switch." It was not intended and an issue on their end that they said that they "fixed". We will see come live if that is indeed the case or will the entire world (given the worldwide, simultaneous launch) get disconnected at the same time :P would be funny

Also, I fully expect the DDoS folks to be out and about. We'll see how badly that impacts the launch

Quote Originally Posted by Sills View Post
    Also, I fully expect the DDoS folks to be out and about. We'll see how badly that impacts the launch
    The reason they funnel us all into a scenario first is to distribute our characters very evenly across a lot of instance servers, to minimise as much as possible the impact of load or DDOS effects.

Also - to clarify, the initial quest is in Stormwind (for alliance). You talk to Bronzebeard and he asks you to head to Silithus.

Not sure if risking skipping the initial quest is a good idea. But that's personal choice.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2018-08-12 at 05:55 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The reason they funnel us all into a scenario first is to distribute our characters very evenly across a lot of instance servers, to minimise as much as possible the impact of load or DDOS effects.

Also - to clarify, the initial quest is in Stormwind (for alliance). You talk to Bronzebeard and he asks you to head to Silithus.

Not sure if risking skipping the initial quest is a good idea. But that's personal choice.
    No the quest is not from a capital city.... Its just given to you as you log in or when they flip the switch https://www.wowhead.com/quest=52946/a-dying-world

Haven't touched it in a while so idk if it's changed, but on beta the expansion starts with a standard visit to your faction leader (Sylvanas or Anduin). They'll then send you on a quick scenario mission before the new world opens up to you. Horde get to break into jail in Stormwind's stockades with their allied faction leaders; Alliance get to break out of jail in Tol Dagor with a witty pirate friend named Flynn.

Haven't been too hyped for this expansion, but after seeing Warbringers, & Old Soldiers, reading Elegy/A Good War, and enjoying Battle of Lordaeron, i'm excited to see where the story goes. Played enough of beta to know that the launch experience is pretty solid, standard affair for any expansion. Didn't play any endgame content but i'm interested to try out Warfronts above anything else. Other than that I'll probably wait til the first patch to really dive in.

Didn't think i'd buy til a few weeks after launch, but I might.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2018-08-12 at 06:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no. Unless they changed it literally in the last few days you get a popup from Magni to meet him in Silithus, then when you have done that (it ports you to Stormwind where you hand it in) you get a popup to meet Anduin.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Um, no. Unless they changed it literally in the last few days you get a popup from Magni to meet him in Silithus, then when you have done that (it ports you to Stormwind where you hand it in) you get a popup to meet Anduin.
    Thats how it happens... I dont know why every one is just talking out there ass, its been silithus first for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by slanik View Post
    No the quest is not from a capital city....
    Yeah - the initial quest is from the capital city. Video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wze-cKj3wZw

Quick way to get to Silithus:
    If you head to Silithus now, turn on view in the past, head to the inn at the centre, make it your home, head back to the NPC and change to view in the present.
    Your hearthstone is now set to the middle of Silithus... watch out for the fall though

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Yeah - the initial quest is from the capital city. Video link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wze-cKj3wZw

Quick way to get to Silithus:
    If you head to Silithus now, turn on view in the past, head to the inn at the centre, make it your home, head back to the NPC and change to view in the present.
    Your hearthstone is now set to the middle of Silithus... watch out for the fall though
    Thats a quest that is just auto put into your quest log.... I just did it on the beta you can get the quest anywhere in the game not just capital citys..... if are in the beta go try it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats how it happens... I dont know why every one is just talking out there ass, its been silithus first for some time now.
    I'm just guessing people haven't checked the beta since they changed it. It's true at least that you used to go to Kul'tiras first and take a teleport for the Heart but it was altered so that now you get the Heart before going to Kul'tiras.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Thats a quest that is just auto put into your quest log....
    If it is, then that quest asks you to go to Stormwind, here is the screen shot of the quest giver in SW asking you take a portal to Silithus:

For me - it is a ten seconds to get to either from the other, so it makes almost no difference where I start.

If it is, then that quest asks you to go to Stormwind, here is the screen shot of the quest giver in SW asking you take a portal to Silithus:
    And in parentheses it says optional just like every other quest that has you go somewhere where a portal is involved. Don't have to take the portal, it's just a suggestion in case you are in stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    And in parentheses it says optional.
    Taking the teleport is optional (so i'll just be hearthing to Silithus), however the initial quest in SW says to head to Silithus.
    Now - in some cases, the next quest might not need the first quest, but history has taught me not to try and skip stuff especially at the very start.