Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I stopped reading at 'punishment' - what a fuckwit idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Puhhlease...

You really think they are into this petty schooling business? They will release it when it will be right to do so.

Some kids here... it ain't your mommy not buying you ice cream because you were naughty.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, most likely part of bfa story not your stupid "punishment" headcanon
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2018-08-12 at 12:07 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Tomorrow is monday, its my work day, for others it's school, in other words people are busy, so chances are more people will catch on if marketing-content is released on this weekend prior to launch when people are free?

Marketing 101, basic common sense, but fan bois crawl out from their rocks (mom's basement) with a plethora of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    They anounce a mini-series, like had at previous expansions, thus this becomes part of marketing, as this is the final part of the series, its akin to final trailer for movie. Which is not released this freaking late. It doesn't matter if its movies, games, it's about timing and someone at Blizzard should get fired.

As for your "muh lore!" yeah, well, maybe you are of the few that don't movie trailers released too, but who cares what you think since you probably watch them anyways.
    It's not the same as a movie trailer. WoW has equivalents of movie trailers. It's the expansion trailers and the TV "It matters" adverts.

Deleted
    Emotional multi billion dollar company haha yeah.

How high are you OP?

Tomorrow is monday, its my work day, for others it's school, in other words people are busy, so chances are more people will catch on if marketing-content is released on this weekend prior to launch when people are free?

Marketing 101, basic common sense, but fan bois crawl out from their rocks (mom's basement) with a plethora of excuses.
    Activision-Blizzard really really really likes money. They doubtless have their reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's not the same as a movie trailer. WoW has equivalents of movie trailers. It's the expansion trailers and the TV "It matters" adverts.
    It's part of the marketing content, nitpicking doesn't earn you any points.

10+ Year Old Account
    except we got the illidan harbringer vid before demon hunters became available, before legion launch, you know for hype, marketing? Blizzard is still a business last I looked?
    So your argument is that they did it once for one expansion therefor it is now a written rule that this has to happen for every other expansion. Do you realize how dumb that sounds?

10+ Year Old Account

Hey man, you go show em' Blizzard amateurs how marketing is done!

lul

10+ Year Old Account
    i too hate when expansion related content isnt released before the expansion is

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    prolly will see after launch since her story ties in with stormsong valley.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not overdue because it doesnt fit with the story atm you are just pointlessly whining

Geezus... You can really tell how young/inexperienced a poster is when they spew this kind of shit... Ultimately nothing wrong with being young and emotional, and expecting the rest of the world to be just like you, but really... Calm down.

It's a multi billion dollar company, not a bunch of whiny teenagers wondering why their fans are butt hurt all the time.

Much like the Old Soldier timing, the chance of this being intentional is excruciatingly high, and about the only reason the timing would have changed, is some kind of technical issue. Even if they had a fan related reason, it's not because Blizzard is being 'emotional', whatever that really even means.

Lastly... Movie trailers a day before release would be awesome... Getting hyped up, and having that 'hype release' shortly after... I can only dream ; )

Seems they have gone a bit emo over the usual fan criticism n ofc there's always some hotheads, but is that really a reason not to release the video?

From a marketing perspective, video should have been released no less than a week to launch...instead now its like the day before n it's still not out..that's like releasing a movie trailer the day before a movie comes out..

From a business perspective, since when has it been wise to punish your own customers, even if you feel you are right?

I suppose we'll have to be satisfied with machinimas, since Blizzard are too...chicken?
    from 1:12:12 - best Azshara scene, when she doesn't even know what a demon is
    No, I think they are sitting on it because Azshara ties into the alliance leveling experience.

Geez, there isn't a conspiracy, and Blizzard isn't getting "emo". They straight up KNEW what kind of reaction they'd be getting from the story well in advance -- hence the emphasis on the Old Soldier cinematic.

No, I would be surprised if the Azshara cinematic is released before 8.1. It's not appropriate to release it now. Period. They've been marketing it as a Horde vs Alliance expansion for initial excitement. Only a small portion of the playerbase reads MMO champ as rabidly as we do or tracks everything on wowhead. We suspected Old God involvement, but not everyone will. Azshara shows up here and there in the storylines of both factions, but isn't at the forefront yet. She isn't the emphasis of the conflict. . . yet. It's Horde and Alliance beating each other to a pulp right now since they don't realize that there is a greater danger waiting for them. It wouldn't be appropriate to release it now. . . it would be flat out nonsensical.

The Azshara warbringer short will be released when the content relating to the Azshara's raid comes out and not one moment before. So chill out. It will come, but right now, the story is about Horde and Alliance, not the naga or the old gods.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlamarAtMMOC View Post
    Geezus... You can really tell how young/inexperienced a poster is when they spew this kind of shit... Ultimately nothing wrong with being young and emotional, and expecting the rest of the world to be just like you, but really... Calm down.

It's a multi billion dollar company, not a bunch of whiny teenagers wondering why their fans are butt hurt all the time.

Much like the Old Soldier timing, the chance of this being intentional is excruciatingly high, and about the only reason the timing would have changed, is some kind of technical issue. Even if they had a fan related reason, it's not because Blizzard is being 'emotional', whatever that really even means.

Lastly... Movie trailers a day before release would be awesome... Getting hyped up, and having that 'hype release' shortly after... I can only dream ; )
    You talk about age, yet the bolded part shows who is the kid here. This is a business. Giving people time to digest content and releasing continuous marketing-content equals more profit. It's the best method for business n customer alike.

As for Saurfang, that's different, that wasn't announced weeks in advance like this Warbringers mini-series. Surprise-content is good too, part of hype, it's ok when its released in good time prior to launch.
    But like I said Azshara isn't surprise, except that it's not here the weekend which is the time you can catch the most customers since fewer are bogged down with work.

Yeah sure they are big company blizzard, but they released last marketing-content at australia time when most of the world was asleep...being a big company doesn't mean they can't do stupid mistakes.

Says here, Azshara is getting released this week, which is almost up...
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/31/17...tic-teldrassil
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-08-12 at 12:31 PM.

Tinfoil hats are not fashionable anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. We won’t get it until it’s germane to the current story arc. We may not get it until just before 8.1.

I don’t think people’s reactions had anything to do with it, OP.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    No. We won’t get it until it’s germane to the current story arc. We may not get it until just before 8.1.

I don’t think people’s reactions had anything to do with it, OP.
    my link says its this week