Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I don't understand...why don't they just hire the best machinima guys? i mean, they throw monies at all the painters n other artists out there..

While Blizzard makes some cool shit now n then, I have never seen them make something as epic n testeronish as this...that danish guy should work for them..
    Maybe he doesnt want to work for them as he woulf lost creative freedom?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Maybe he doesnt want to work for them as he woulf lost creative freedom?
    Yes, probably, they wouldn't have let him make it so bloody I guess..I wish there was an adult setting for more blood n stuff, only kid-friendly stuff like wow wouldn't fly for a diablo mmo (god, I hope we get that announced for the upcoming next diablo content...

10+ Year Old Account
    ... How is it overdue? We've been getting one a week.

I'm confus

Turns out the weeks have blended together and we didn't get one last week, that's right.

Well, if Blizz were emotional about fan backlash, withholding the actual enemy cinematic seems pretty counterproductive. Probably they're just waiting for Azshara to be plot-relevant to show it so they don't steal the 8.0 plot's thunder (because they gotta maintain the charade that BFA is TTLY FACTION PRIDE GUSY HONEST AND TRU DIS TIEM).
    Last edited by Thage; 2018-08-12 at 01:03 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    ... How is it overdue? We've been getting one a week.

I'm confus
    Sylvanas was on july 31, that's two days from being two weeks ago.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVp7yLfnmrE&t=5s

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas was on july 31, that's two days from being two weeks ago.
    Yeah, caught myself right after hitting post. Weeks have been blending together for a while now thanks to work.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    They did release these strangely.

If they are supposed to be ingame moments we see...then the Jaina one doesn't follow this rule.

Also from the little we have seen from the Azshara warbringer vid, it seems to focus on when she was turned into a naga which isn't exactly BfA specific content.
    Last edited by mmocd2f4dc063e; 2018-08-12 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuen View Post
    They did release these strangely.

If they are supposed to be ingame moments we see...then the Jaina one doesn't follow this rule.
    I don't think they abide one specific case for that.

Jaina is something explicitly not ingame and precursor to the whole flying ship bombarding Undercity with lazers. Sylvanas - released the moment tree is burned to give it the detail it should be given. Then you have Old Soldier out of blue.

I guess they wait for the right moment for Azshara, which is either in a day or two or who knows, maybe as a cutscene ingame as result of some yet to be seen event.

Everyone is always convinced their hissy fits change plans, but nope, this shit was planned years ago, they already had the schedule set, you're not changing anything.

You talk about age, yet the bolded part shows who is the kid here. This is a business. Giving people time to digest content and releasing continuous marketing-content equals more profit. It's the best method for business n customer alike.

As for Saurfang, that's different, that wasn't announced weeks in advance like this Warbringers mini-series. Surprise-content is good too, part of hype, it's ok when its released in good time prior to launch.
    But like I said Azshara isn't surprise, except that it's not here the weekend which is the time you can catch the most customers since fewer are bogged down with work.

Yeah sure they are big company blizzard, but they released last marketing-content at australia time when most of the world was asleep...being a big company doesn't mean they can't do stupid mistakes.

Says here, Azshara is getting released this week, which is almost up...
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/31/17...tic-teldrassil
    Kinda surprised that's the part you choose to use to attack me, but ok : )

I realize businesses use marketing to drive up their profits. I was talking from (myself as) a consumer point of view.

I agree with the rest of your points, and I disagree with their schedule, though moreso for the books; Warbringers - Azshara will take 3-5m to get through, and as long to 'digest', but those two books (which I'm thankful for) were not short, and wedged between two other important bits of info.

All I was arguing was that they weren't 'emotional' about it, and have their own reasons us fans can't understand with how limited our information is.

I think this is the cinematic that we'll see when Jaina shows us that sailor's memory. I don't know what the Horde equivalent is.

Deleted
    Ah yes, those darn customers! Don't they understand that hype n marketing should come just prior to launch or after, for a product? Customers with their demands n entitlement! I doubt a single fan boi has ever worked for marketing or would ever be allowed to stay with the "the customer is wrong!" attitude which wouldn't fly

This is the weekend before the launch.
    It's freaking sunday now.
    It's still not out...should have been out on friday at the latest, you know to let people digest n get hyped? Since when has anyone ever said "oh! I cant wait to see trailer for movie, and the movie that comes out the same day!"

Fan bois never run out of excuses.. "muh lore!" yeah, well...and then movie companies should never put out trailers cuz they spoil movies? But at the end of the day they are businesses n need to make their money back so to be on the safe side they release content as trailers to create interest to build up to launch..

If these fan bois ran a business, they would run it into the ground...
    You don't need more hype. Looks like you are already hyped to the max..... like a children who refuse to wait one more minute to suck that candy mama showed you moments before.

And you are the one calling people "fan bois"? What a fucking joke.....

...and it looks like blizzard is running its business just fine, so your last sentence doesn't make any fucking sense.... juste look at how hysteric you are about it! Its a W for blizzard! They obviously make a great job to hype you up.

Its not long overdue, it will come out when it makes sense. (Hopefully soon because I really wanna see it.)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    The Aszshara vid will probably happen when she becomes more relevant. Blizz likely wants us to focus on their goddamn faction war right now, so why would they put out a video about a villain that would make the Horde and Alliance get all buddy-buddy again? Let em finish hashing out the faction war before giving us a cause to rally together against all over again.

What would be the point, story-wise, to do that until at least a few patches into this whole thing after they’ve spent this much time and effort dividing us post-Legion? Give em some credit here, they’re trying to build up to a story. Like Metzen said in the recent interview, let’s just see where this goes okay?

Quick extra point too since the OP wants to talk marketing strategies. If the company has managed to get you (the consumer) to hop on a public forum and discuss their product, then why would they spend more money and effort on advertising when you’re gonna do it for them, and for free? THAT’s some Marketing 101, buddy.
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2018-08-12 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    It is quite obviously intrinsic to content that is not out yet and will be released when it's content will serve a purpose and make sense - just like they did with Jaina's episode and her subsequent arrival at Lordaeron, and with Sylvanas's episode and the burning of Teldrassil. They both had to be released in time to fall in sync with the rest of narratives over other mediums. Azshara's one will be released when it falls into the narrative.

Deleted
    Guys, Sylvanas.

Not Sylvannas, Sylvanus or Sylvanna Windchaser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    The Aszshara vid will probably happen when she becomes more relevant. Blizz likely wants us to focus on their goddamn faction war right now, so why would they put out a video about a villain that would make the Horde and Alliance get all buddy-buddy again? Let em finish hashing out the faction war before giving us a cause to rally together against all over again.
    Well, TBH, whole Stormsong Valley and a chink of Tiragarde are about Azshara to the point where she appears right in your face spouting her usual crap.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Guys, Sylvanas.

Bobbledick Crumpetpunch?

Sorry, you just reminded me of all the Benedict Cumberbatch misspellings now and how funny they can get...

And they didn't release azshara just because you think they are emo over the reactions to teldrassil?

There is no fucking release date to that video so just quit bitching about it and wait. It may even be tied to some in-game event as a cutscene so no release before launch.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with some customers?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Guys, Sylvanas.

What about Silvanus?
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Im pretty sure Blizz knows when to drop the Azshara Warbringer when the time is right from a story telling perspective. To think they hold it back, because they are "a bit emo" is beyond hilarious.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)