Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    Just out of curiosity. How exactly is your economical system going to work when ruled by the 100 million strong gun-toting mob? Who would want to create, produce or provide anything when the mob will just eventually come around and take it all "for free".

Does the gun-toting mob mentality also apply to other things, beyond free healthcare? Will they rush the Apple office to take their latest Iphone from the hands of the evil corporate overlords?

Also there is no such thing as free healthcare. Someone pays. What you want is tax-paid healthcare then. It's not "free". Someone pays somewhere. The building, the equipment and all the people that work there doesn't do it "for free" cause they just really enjoy being at the hospital and helping their fellow man.
    I suppose society would just have to be reformed around the interests of the actual people in that society, ie the gun toting mob. As it stands now, most societies are organized around making the maximum amount of profit for a small group of elites. Would not the society I envision be far more just and equitable?

Perhaps the gun toting mob would want to show up for Apple product launches, perhaps that would result in Apple being turned into a public utility as opposed to a private company.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Do not like a company ... stop using there stores etc.

* i do not like what x is doing so i can break the law against them* is just not a valid way of life.

There are places where only one store exist.

Dont try to justify being a dirty shoplifting little tramp.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Had a interesting debate at work about stealing from self serve checkouts at supermarkets and then got onto to multi nationals. It was about a 50/50 split.

Personally I have no problems at all with it as mutli bationals and corporations are all scum that do nothing for humanity.

Your coworkers who'd steal from supermarkets and multi-national corporations would steal from you too.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    You don’t have to care about something or someone to expect them to follow the law. Example: all the other people driving on the road.
    I care about people falling the road laws because if they don't people can die including myself.

I don't care about hundred billion dollar multi national corporations losing £10 because they already understand they're going to lose around 10-15% of product to theft and decided it was worth it over paying for a cashier.

It's wrong. Do it or don't but spare us the bullshit moral justification.

If you don't like the fact that companies get tax breaks, use tax shelters, etc., bring it up with lawmakers. Companies follow the laws that legislators write. They're allowed to do these things. There's a lot of hypocrisy when congress drags Google or Apple to a committee hearing and tries to lambast them for "skirting" tax laws when they companies are doing what they're allowed to. Don't like it? Change the law.

Deleted
    stealing is stealing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There are places where only one store exist.
    oh yeah where exactly? antarctica?

Quote Originally Posted by cantbunnythis View Post
    stealing is stealing

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah where exactly? antarctica?

Towns... for instance there are towns where there are only dollar generals.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, is that was this is? A poor attempt at a "taxes are theft!!1" thread?
    Wtf you on about. Corporations not paying the taxes they should is a huge problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Your coworkers who'd steal from supermarkets and multi-national corporations would steal from you too.
    We are talking about throwing in the odd item that doesn't scan. Hell I am not going out of my way to pay for something when they can't get a simple barcode to scan. they have two shots then its free.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

If no one is willing to help, theft for survival isn't wrong.

1 person stealing = dirty criminal scum lock them up!

a multimillion/billion dollar company dodging millions in taxes = oh thats not nice.

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic" is perfect for this.

1 criminal taking money is the scum of the earth, a bank a company a government taking millions/billions is just a statistic.

Stealing will just make them either fuck over their employees or their customers. If you really wanna get them to change their ways become a "Dexter" and teach them the hard way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    Had a interesting debate at work about stealing from self serve checkouts at supermarkets and then got onto to multi nationals. It was about a 50/50 split.

Personally I have no problems at all with it as mutli bationals and corporations are all scum that do nothing for humanity.
    They aren't all scum but that is kind of beside the point. Stealing is always wrong, however keep in mind exploitation to me is the same as stealing, and multi corporations do that all the time. That is my personal feeling.

The law however doesn't work that way and shouldn't. I also agree it depends on why you steal. If it's to survive and take what you need, that's different than stealing to take something you should honestly earn yourself.

Everyone has the right to survive, however taking more than you need or taking from those who have less, makes it no longer about survival.

But Philosophy aside, if you steal and you are an adult, understand you made that decision, if you are willing to pay the cost eventually, in this situation.

Supermarkets will eventually raise prices, and when they can't do that they will redline areas where that activity is more common to where they won't allow self check out at all, or they will close altogether.

Thus branding the others besides yourself, where you live unfair stigma and stereotypes that will eventually hit everything else. Lowering property values, making investment in that community dry up, which eventually will lead to more crime. Can you imagine being from that neighborhood, and going somewhere else.

Yeah, there are cost

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    For any company to stay afloat they will lay off staff to try and avoid from going bankrupt..
    No Multilevel corporations is going to lay anyone off or go bankrupt because of self checkout. Maybe a mom and pop establishment, but most big business have safeguards and insurance in place to absorb some loss, it's up to those in charge as to whether or not they are stupid enough to keep investing in a liability.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Beyond the rightness or wrongness of Robin Hood-esque mentalities, they have security cameras over self-checkout and focus on that area more than almost any other area of the store. I don't recommend engaging in such behavior, you'll get caught eventually.

Ah the typical millennial entitlement attitude. I wants it there for I shall takes it. It’s mine. My precious.

Lol and the justification in this thread is fucking hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Ah the typical millennial entitlement attitude. I wants it there for I shall takes it. It’s mine. My precious.

yeah cause millennials are the first generation to steal.... I don't think I can eye roll hard enough, fucking muppet
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    No they wouldn't idiot. There is a quantative moral difference between the things. You are a fucking moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post

Shoplifting and other petty fraud was much more commonplace before the advent of modern security systems.

If people need to steal to survive I don't give a shit personally. I'm not going to shed tears over someone stealing a sandwich from a billion-dollar corporation. I suspect their true crime in your eyes and most of the retards in this thread taking your side, is that the thieves are poor.

I DO give a shit about banks stealing trillions off the taxpayer. But you people never mention that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    If you don't like the fact that companies get tax breaks, use tax shelters, etc., bring it up with lawmakers. Companies follow the laws that legislators write. They're allowed to do these things. There's a lot of hypocrisy when congress drags Google or Apple to a committee hearing and tries to lambast them for "skirting" tax laws when they companies are doing what they're allowed to. Don't like it? Change the law.
    Given both of the major parties are controlled by corporate donations I see no practical way of "changing" the law other than through violent revolution.

If you assume that all multi corporations are evil, then all you are doing is giving them ammo.