Thread: Nerf nerf nerf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Unless you at level 120 and know the numbers, I think you should just let Blizzard do their job.
    How long have you been playing this game for? It's pretty clear and well known that blizzard has no idea how to balance anything

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    How long have you been playing this game for? It's pretty clear and well known that blizzard has no idea how to balance anything
    It's not that they don't know what they're doing. They know what they're doing. There's a video of Ian explaining it very candidly. If they see too many people playing 1 spec for too long, they'll destroy that spec to force people into other specs for a time. He basically said "sorry, it's that spec's turn to be on the bottom now"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRk0MHcwZ74

Here's the video i mentioned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    Where the fuck are you getting 100% crit for 10 seconds from?
    5 seconds while and after stealth you gain 100% crit with the leg shoulders.
    Using vanish in your opener, which is needed for one shoting someone, gives another 5 seconds.

Thats what i ment, crying for 3 weeks of imbalanced legendary items prepatch
    Blizzard tuned all the talents/skills without that effect in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I must suck more at rogue than I thought I did. becasue I'm leveling a baby rogue and i don't even remotely feel overpowered.
    Compared to my void-elf BM-Hunter (100-110) with Heirloom gear my Assa Rogue is at least 1 factor or 2 above. Even at level 100 you competing with 2-3k ST DPS and 4-6k AoE DPS with max-level-LFR-Heroes. It's not broken for leveling (like Monk was) but doing double/tripple DPS while playing one of the simplest specs in game feels for sure like cheating a bit.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    5 seconds while and after stealth you gain 100% crit with the leg shoulders.
    Using vanish in your opener, which is needed for one shoting someone, gives another 5 seconds.

Thats what i ment, crying for 3 weeks of imbalanced legendary items prepatch
    Blizzard tuned all the talents/skills without that effect in mind.
    Ahh, thought you meant the shoulders gave 10 secs of crit per stealth/vanish. I gotcha now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Compared to my void-elf BM-Hunter (100-110) with Heirloom gear my Assa Rogue is at least 1 factor or 2 above. Even at level 100 you competing with 2-3k ST DPS and 4-6k AoE DPS with max-level-LFR-Heroes. It's not broken for leveling (like Monk was) but doing double/tripple DPS while playing one of the simplest specs in game feels for sure like cheating a bit.
    I'm not at 100 yet (to be specific, she is now lvl 81), but throughout the leveling I was and still am more or less middle of the pack. shot closer to the top, once I got the passive that gives me energy back on poison use, but still not significantly higher then everyone else in a group. so.. I don't know.... I also haven't found it to be significantly simpler then other specs I play (I have altitis), just the usual annoyance of being melee over ranged.

its like we are playing a different game.

it doesn't feel like cheating at all, especially since I cannot pull nearly as many mobs at once while questing as I can do on, now that you mention it - on a BM huntress. or my ret pally, or just about any class with less cooldown dependent, weak self healing. my rogues AoE utterly sucked prior to getting fan of knives, and it still isn't all that awesome, and the only reason I keep up at all, is becasue I obsessively tab target to use moar dots on trash packs.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-08-12 at 06:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    rogues were simming 20% above most dps on bfa, what do you expect
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no..

such a fucking ridiculous statement. even without citing a source.

Subter probably got nerfed for sin cause of how powerful the shrouded suffocation trait is. Stacking three of those traits causes garrote to be like 25% of your total damage. All three specs are still fine btw at 120, even sin which got hit the “hardest” with the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    As usual we look very good. Currently all 3 specs are viable in pve and pvp and we will always be one of the best classes for M+ because of cloak/feint/shroud unless our damage is shit tier (which it never is) the changes to tank threat generation in BFA also appear to favour rogues because we have tricks of the trade.

Things are looking pretty rosy tbh
    invisibility potions >>>>>>>> shroud.

Higher level of stealth and the amount of times people walk out or mis time shroud is quite high

M+ spot will be tough for rogue offering no class buff.

Demon hunter will take our slot unless theres a DH tank

And mage/priest is compulsory. And you'll want a warlock or shaman. So space runs out quick for melee
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-08-12 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Same shit happened to Warlocks during Legion Pre-Patch. They were OP as fuck and people yelled for nerfs, which Blizzard did. Rogues are OP right now. Seriously, you guys are one-shotting people. That’s not fair; it’s not balanced.
    one-shotting eh?

Actual oneshot?, or is it that crazy "few seconds of several abilites but i dislike it and i will call it a oneshot" oneshot?
    But yes, assa was OP, still does insane damage. - same can be said of other classes and specs however.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    invisibility potions >>>>>>>> shroud.

Higher level of stealth and the amount of times people walk out or mis time shroud is quite high

M+ spot will be tough for rogue offering no class buff.

Demon hunter will take our slot unless theres a DH tank

And mage/priest is compulsory. And you'll want a warlock or shaman. So space runs out quick for melee
    I mean method themselves ranked sub rogues as the top damage spec in M+ for the first season, and said rogues in general are still very good for M+, so I don't think it will be too hard to get in a group as a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I mean method themselves ranked sub rogues as the top damage spec in M+ for the first season, and said rogues in general are still very good for M+, so I don't think it will be too hard to get in a group as a rogue.
    It wont be hard to get your chest weekly done if you have high enough item level or make your own groups.

But for pushing high keys I can see rogue dropping out. We dont even have our high defensives to fall back on anymore.

And not even method know what the damage will be at 120 after the first couple weeks of tuning and If our damage is so high that is different but really, thats living on a prayer patch to patch hoping they dont over nerf

Deleted
    Blizzard is a high quality company who knows what they're doing and why they're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    The article i saw on wowhead by them listed Outlaw, not sub as top dmg spec in M+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Same shit happened to Warlocks during Legion Pre-Patch. They were OP as fuck and people yelled for nerfs, which Blizzard did. Rogues are OP right now. Seriously, you guys are one-shotting people. That’s not fair; it’s not balanced.
    Proof for that? Not even coming close to something crazy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebfugee View Post
    Proof for that? Not even coming close to something crazy like that.
    Before any of the dozens of hotfixes that have hit assasination, it was quite possible to kill people with garotte from stealth>exsanguinate, which might feel like a oneshot

Remember the retri paladin in WOTLK pre-launch patch? They were melting people with 10k hammer of wrath crits. Then they got a decent nerf. The same now is supposed to happen to rogues. You had your fun?Good,back to reality now.

Deleted
    It is obvious that classes need to be somewhat tuned to the same numbers for the game to be enjoyable but I have never understood crying about prepatch balance. The aim is to balance the game to max lvl and Blizzard will make an effort to do so. It's a waste of game development time to try to balance prepatch too for 1 month. But my god how much people are crying about it and exaggerating everything. I wish people could understand by now how this game works after all these years and focus on things that actually matter.